Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Aug 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

The problem here is that they can't upgrade everyone to club level.

We sent feedback a while ago that we were frustrated about the closure of BB along with the changes to Fastpass tiers and various other things which have changed since we booked our holiday well advance - as encouraged by their own promotions. We were pointing out that promoting early booking then changing what is on offer is frustrating from a guest point of view. We were told "tough luck" - which is fine, it was feedback, not a complaint and we weren't expecting anything. But since then I've repeatedly read of people being offered these extra fastpasses and upgrades and to be honest *THAT* is what leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Why are some people getting preferential treatment when everyone in the same boat in terms of how we're affected? That makes me want to complain far more than an unforeseen closure of a water park or a restriction of fastpasses ever would. Appreciate it's not your fault that you struck lucky with the CM you spoke to - but it is frustrating none the less.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I don’t think advising people to ring if they fancy a moan is very good either. They won’t listen to you
Like all good companies, Disney welcome both positive and negative feedback which they then use to make future decisions. 😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Am I the only one seeing the wrong here. You still didnt get any recourse for bb being closed. Whether it was free fp or an upgrade was the same result in the end. You said you were not interested in free fp as it still impacted on your itinerary. An upgrade doesn't change that fact either but you took it.
I'm with you Matt.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

The Blizzard Beach closure has already been discussed at great lengths on other threads. Having said that let me add my voice.

There may be some people on this forum who are regular visitors to WDW. For these lucky people the closure of BB probably means that they may miss out this year but can visit next year. Equally there are others who are infrequent visitors or may in fact be going on their one trip of a lifetime cause it ain’t cheap.

We used to be regular visitors but circumstances change and for our forthcoming trip we had to save bits and pieces for 9 years. We made it and very carefully booked what we thought was a good time to go. The chances are we may never go again so we wanted to experience all that Disney has to offer. This included both the water parks as we love them both and they are an important element of our visit.

We now have only one water park plus the tiering at Hollywood Studios which means we have to visit 4 times to do our favourite rides because GE is opening ( something else we hoped we had timed to avoid but hey ho).

We did e mail Disney not to get free stuff but to let them know how we felt. We had polite reply which talked about safety etc etc when we all know that the reason BB is closing early is due to the lighting being installed for after hours paid events.

We will am sure have a great time but it’s important perhaps that others realise that this is not a trivial matter. To look forward to something for so long only for changes to be made so close to our expensive holiday is very disappointing and Disney were told that.
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Let’s put it into some perspective, it’s one park! You can still go to TL and all the other parks and play crazy golf to your hearts content. If you break it down the 14 day pass is still really good value for money. The gate price for the 4 main parks is well over $100 a day (which doesn’t include park hopping) so essentially once you have been to a park for 5 days the rest of the visits are free! Last year was the first year I had ever been to a Disney water park and yes it was lovely but if I couldn’t have gone it wouldn’t have ruined my holiday. I see the water parks as little extras and a place to kill some time, not the reason I go to Disney. They have to close things every now and then, sometimes it affects people sometimes it doesn’t. It’s just the way the cookie crumbles. I also don’t think it’s worth complaining about as they are covered in their t&c’s sorry but thats how I feel
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We have only been twice and had to save up for five years each time.

First time was December 2010. Minus 2 temps, waterparks shut. Much of Fantasyland behind grey hoardings.

Second time, November 2014. Waterpark shut several days due to cold. Much of AK behind hoardings. Parts of MK too. Disney Springs a complete mess.

Did we care? Heck no, we had a blast.

There is never going to be a time when everything is open and nothing is under construction.

But there is so much to enjoy. Just take a breath and enjoy it for what it is.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If Disney had upgraded me every time one of my favourite attractions was closed then I'd have had some nice upgrades.
Morally if you weren't happy with Disney's resolution, why did you accept the upgrade ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve managed bb open once in 6 years ( 4 visits) and yes it’s shut again this one so maybe I should moan to Disney as I’ve paid exactly the same as anyone else for the ticket each visit . TL shut last visit due to the weather , mk closes early for half our holiday , half of Hs shut down just before our last visit with very little notice , splash was shut completely for the whole time last visit again at short notice , ak was disrupted by pandora being built ( 2 visits the park was behind walls) , a lot of Epcot is going to be closed this visit . The list goes on. Don’t understand why you accepted the upgrade when you said you didn’t want anything though.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 11:46 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PACOOK
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

My word... Good fortune for you sprocket, enjoy you're little upgrade! Of course all these others would never have taken the chance of a better room when offered. They must be so bitter going round the parks!
PACOOK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
spb_IRL
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Good on the OP for complaining when they had the chance.
Disney are closing BB earlier than normal, with little notice, for non essential maintenance. If no one complains, Disney assume its not a problem for anyone. Enough complaints and maybe they approach things differently next time.
As for playing ' but the mortality of it ' card, what has happened the Dibb recently, there are a lot of high horses around here these days, it was not always so judgemental
OKW & ? Oct 17
spb_IRL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List