Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Nov 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

Great thread and great weight loss! I’ve lost 20 pounds since we booked Disney, got 6 months to lose more...
I’m still waiting until I can book the package at Tony’s - where were you sat? We’re doing this on our last day as we have a late flight.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by vowels View Post
Great report, as always.

My eight year old has been looking through your posts and asked if you were a YouTuber.

He said if you decide to start vlogging, he wants to be your first subscriber. Please keep us updated if you decide to give the Disney Food Blog a run for their money!
Tell him thank you. No I don't do Youtube. I only started instagram for my slimming world stuff, Anna had to set me up.

Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Another great couple of days. I love the ears you were both wearing on day 4. Are they officially Disney or another seller?
What a shame re service in Cali Grill. The food looks lovely and I am sure something could have been adapted for Anna. You have some lovely photos from there though. I am considering going with my sister and leaving all the kids with the husbands 😂
The selection of cocktails in HS looks delicious too!
The ears are off Etsy.

Girls only brunch sounds good. I think she was just in an awkward mood looking at the photos of the buffet there is lots she could have eaten, they even had white bread.
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
Great thread and great weight loss! I’ve lost 20 pounds since we booked Disney, got 6 months to lose more...
I’m still waiting until I can book the package at Tony’s - where were you sat? We’re doing this on our last day as we have a late flight.
Well done. Thats a good idea for last day. I thought about it but we were flying at 7pm which meant magical express at 3pm which was too tight to do parade and get back to resort.

We ate in the conservatory part of Tony's and watched parade in the area in front of the flag pole facing main street. They rope it off and check you have tickets to stand or sit there.
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ahh Cali Grill Brunch looks amazing. I haven’t done it before and have it booked - I didn’t do it on my last trip as my ex didn’t fancy it but now I’m solo I fully intend to enjoy it.

The food looks wonderful and the view stunning. Poor that they didn’t offer DD a special drink as I’ve read reviews where children were offered sparkling apple juice in a pretty glass.

You book looked beautiful too and the ears are fab. The lack of common sense on the waffle fries from the server was astounding... oh waste a burger but you can’t just have the fries.. crazy!
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Well done. Thats a good idea for last day. I thought about it but we were flying at 7pm which meant magical express at 3pm which was too tight to do parade and get back to resort.

We ate in the conservatory part of Tony's and watched parade in the area in front of the flag pole facing main street. They rope it off and check you have tickets to stand or sit there.
Great thanks. We have a 9.30 flight which is super late this time. So excited!
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 6 Part 1

Tuesday 22nd October

First breakfast

Kusafari coffee shop and bakery AK

It was EMH at AK, the park was open from 7am. At 7.45am We shared a Mickey Cinnamon roll from the bakery for a snack credit plus a cappuccino for me.

The cinnamon roll was very nice and massive size, we couldn't finish it all. Great value for a snack credit

Cappuccino was a snack credit and not great.

We sat at the seating area across from the bakery. It was quiet as the safari wasn't open yet.

2 snacks

cinnamon roll $7.49 plus tax $7.97

cappuccino $3.99 plus tax $4.25

Total $12.22

Tusker House Rivers of light brunch AK

We checked in for this just before 10am.

Normal price is $41 adult and $24 child or 1 TS

I think rivers of light package is $46 adult or 1 TS

We weren't buzzed and I could see everyone else checking in going straight up so I asked and they had forgotten to buzz us.

We were on a small table for 2 but location was fine and server was nice.

He gave us 2 paper tickets for 7.30pm rivers of light show.

As I was on ddp I ordered a captains mai tai $13 aswell as coffee. I later realised the other tables had a different breakfast cocktail menu, mine seemed to be lunch/dinner. I'd have had the ngumu jungle juice if I'd seen that one before ordering. DD had diet coke.

I do like the carved ham and mustard sauce here. I also had some curry and rice, smoked salmon, bowl of granola yoghurt and and fruit. And a dessert plate with a mickey waffle, fruit and bread pudding.

There is plenty to choose from but perhaps not as extensive a choice as previous visits, I looked for sliced banana bread but there wasn't any.

DD wasn't very hungry after kusafari but had a pancake and some kispy kreme donut holes

Characters were fun. I took photos for a couple nearby and they reciprocated. We actually bumped into the couple on our magical express back to airport.

We were actually just charged regular price of $41 not rivers of light price. It was 2 TS credits either way. I did wait a bit to correct server but he was no where to be seen so I just paid the check we were given.

Total 2 TS or $101.18 plus tip.

Mr Kamals AK

DD multitasking!

DD was hungry for lunch after not eating much at Tusker so used a snack on the seasoned fries she loved. Plus free cups of water. Sat in the seating area to the side again which is a lovely place to stop and sit.

This is why I'm thinking QS will suit us better next time. She won't eat a lot in one go, much prefers snacking.

1 snack or $5.99 plus tax $6.38

Old 22 Nov 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 6 Part 2

Tuesday 22nd October

Super Target Rolling Oaks

We escaped the Disney bubble for the first time and got an uber to Rolling Oaks. DD wanted some makeup and Florence cosmetics in Ulta there.

Then we went in Super Target. No DH to moan about me taking photos

Random Target photos!

Old 22 Nov 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 6 Continued

Tuesday 22nd October

Super Target Rolling Oaks

We didn't buy a lot just some M&Ms and snacks. Spent $30 ish.

I got some fibre one bars in different flavours to here for when I was back on Slimmingworld. Wish I got more. They are 70 cals not 90 like the ones here, I'm counting them as 3.5 syns. The brownie choc chip cookie are very nice.

Obliatory DD on Target ball photo.

Uber back to hotel, dropped shopping off then back to AK on the bus.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Old 22 Nov 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Ahh Cali Grill Brunch looks amazing. I haven’t done it before and have it booked - I didn’t do it on my last trip as my ex didn’t fancy it but now I’m solo I fully intend to enjoy it.

The food looks wonderful and the view stunning. Poor that they didn’t offer DD a special drink as I’ve read reviews where children were offered sparkling apple juice in a pretty glass.

You book looked beautiful too and the ears are fab. The lack of common sense on the waffle fries from the server was astounding... oh waste a burger but you can’t just have the fries.. crazy!
Enjoy. If we go again on ddp I’ll go as a solo.
Old 22 Nov 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
Great thanks. We have a 9.30 flight which is super late this time. So excited!
That will fit perfectly then. Hope you enjoy.