Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Apr 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Hawaii04
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile Ticket companies good and bad

Hi. Thought I’d start a thread on people’s experiences, good or bad on having to cancel their park tickets due to the coronavirus pandemic. We were due to go yesterday and had booked 4 Disney/universal combo tickets at around £650 each from Floridatix. We have been informed that we will receive a refund minus £25 per ticket ‘cancellation fee’ and it could take up to 60 days. In my opinion this fee should be waived in these extreme circumstances. This is not meant to be a name and shame but I would like to get an idea of how these companies operate for when I part with another £2.5 k next year when everything is back to normal. Thanks 🙏
Hawaii04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

£25 per ticket isn’t bad. We purchased 4 adult and 1 child 14 day Disney tickets £2100 from American Attractions. In discussion with them they will refund the money LESS 20% which is apparently a necessary’ admin fee’. Will I ever deal with them again certainly not.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hawaii04

Mobile

Ok, this is the kind of thing I want to know so I’m prepared for who gets my custom next time. Wow 20% that’s them off my list.
Hawaii04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
makria
Looking for my Ears

attraction tickets - disney / universal - we will lose 20%

attraction tickets - NASA - we will lose 100%
makria is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think that any kind of refund is generous. It is absolutely not the fault of the company that Coronavirus is taking over the planet. Given that the theme parks have offered to extend the validity of the tickets, and that you could then choose to go at another time (whether you actually want to or could, is a different matter) they could just tell you to whistle and to try and claim from your insurance company. They provided what you ordered, and are not the ones who have closed the parks or cancelled flights.

These companies will have had to buy the tickets and will be stuck now with many that won't be used. Let's hope when they go cap in hand to the theme parks for their refunds, they get their money back, pretty unlikely though I reckon.

I bet everyone will still be searching for "cheap deals" and an extra 5% off their tickets after all this won't they...
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Bought universal tickets with Florida Escapes, if parks are still closed in July we get a full refund. If not we can try and sell them if we’ve cancelled our holiday by then. Balance of fly drive due mid May so that will be the make or break time for us
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Hawaii04

Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
I think that any kind of refund is generous. It is absolutely not the fault of the company that Coronavirus is taking over the planet. Given that the theme parks have offered to extend the validity of the tickets, and that you could then choose to go at another time (whether you actually want to or could, is a different matter) they could just tell you to whistle and to try and claim from your insurance company. They provided what you ordered, and are not the ones who have closed the parks or cancelled flights.

These companies will have had to buy the tickets and will be stuck now with many that won't be used. Let's hope when they go cap in hand to the theme parks for their refunds, they get their money back, pretty unlikely though I reckon.

I bet everyone will still be searching for "cheap deals" and an extra 5% off their tickets after all this won't they...
Did they really provide what we ordered?
Old 1 Apr 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hawaii04 View Post
Did they really provide what we ordered?
Yes, they gave you the tickets that you paid for. It's beyond their control that the parks closed and you can't go within the extended time added by the theme parks themselves 🙄
Or would you be phoning your ticket company when your favourite ride at Disney broke down and you didn't get on it? Same difference...beyond their control.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Hawaii04

Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
Yes, they gave you the tickets that you paid for. It's beyond their control that the parks closed and you can't go within the extended time added by the theme parks themselves 🙄
Or would you be phoning your ticket company when your favourite ride at Disney broke down and you didn't get on it? Same difference...beyond their control.
I see your point but these circumstances are slightly different to a ride breaking down😂. All I’m saying is, companies should really be treating their customers fairly if they want repeat custom when things are settled down. Just saying
Old 2 Apr 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like any of the companies keeping £25 or a percentage are screwing customers in order to make sure they don’t lose out as they are basically keeping thier cut of the sale as they know they can return the tickets to universal and disney for a refund.

This is a good post, I’ll only reward ticket companies with my business going forward if they haven’t screwed people over during this crises.

It can be difficult tho as some have a deal in place with this website...
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List