Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Oct 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
iLaura
VIP Dibber

Miscarriage and Infant Loss Awareness Month *may trigger some people*

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well.

As a lot of you will know, my husband and I are angel parents of 12 babies that we lost in the first trimester of my pregnancies. We made the difficult decision last year to stop trying as it was affecting me too much mentally and physically to continue.

October is miscarriage and early infant loss awareness month, I'm also aware that a lot of people may be feeling a lot of raw emotions after the sad news that Chrissy Teigen and John Legend lost their baby boy, Jack, recently in late pregnancy. There have been a lot of triggering posts on social media, particularly Twitter, and even I have found it difficult to read some of the comments directed at them and other angel parens.

I try and use this time of year to remember my babies, but also to post and raise awareness of miscarriage, still birth and early infant loss and to let people going through this know that they aren't alone at what is a scary and isolating time. It is still a very taboo subject to talk about but please take the time to check on friends and family, and remind them that you remember them, and their loss. Particularly this year, when so many of us are spending more time alone with our thoughts.

Sending gentle hugs to all who need them, and as always my inbox is always open if people need to talk privately.

My blog post is here, written around half way through our journey, for anyone wishing to read.

tommys/miscarriage-s...fqq0NWsowuD418

Lots of love

L xox
iLaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh dear sweet lady xx my love and thoughts are with you xxx
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I cannot even imagine what you have been through. You are amazing reaching out to others who have suffered similar. Huge hug to you. X
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Thank you for sharing your story and raising awareness. Sending you lots of love xx
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Iím so sorry for your losses. Your strength and courage is beyond words. Sending love to you and your DH. 💗
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel you 💜Xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Such a brave post, thank you for sharing Laura. Sending you so much love xxx
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

What a kind and brave lady you are. we lost 6 babies including one in late pregnancy, we also decided to give up on our dream family and just be thankful for each other. No One acknowledges our losses now as they think it will upset us but angel babies should never be forgotten , take care, i know this month is difficult in some ways but it does help other parents feel they can talk about it.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for sharing your story, my heart goes out to you and others in a similar position. It really saddens me that it seems to be such a taboo subject, particularly for something that affects so many people xx
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My heart breaks for you 💔💔 itís absolutely devastating to lose a child and something you never fully recover from.
This is something that has happened in our family more than once.
My parents lost their first baby at full term 5 years before I was born.
My mumís brother and his wife lost their first baby I donít exactly how far into the pregnancy but I can remember my auntie being heavily pregnant and being warned not to ask questions.
My cousin had 8 miscarriages Iíve had 2 and on 28th September 2013 our daughterís baby boy was stillborn.