Notices

View Poll Results: Will you take the Covid vaccine?
Yes 642 76.61%
No 84 10.02%
Undecided 113 13.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 838. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Oct 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
robrar
Imagineer

What a terrific result so far. Well done Dibbers, leading the way!
robrar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Excited about Disney

I would definitely take it. I want life to start to return to normal however everyone I've spoke to is saying they wont take it. Lots of belief that there will be side effects and we dont know what the vaccine could cause long term. Also had a few people believe the vaccine is putting some kind of chip into our bodies! 🙄 will the vaccine be effective if so many refuse to have it?
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
I would take it. I was discussing this at the hairdressers yesterday and out of the 5 people in there I was the only one 🙁
Out of interest, what would you guess the age range of the other four?
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would take it - if there was enough doses to go round that is. Seems from recent news speculations it wont be available to everyone...
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I am not an anti vaxer. I would not take it YET.

The vaccine will not be a "cure". All info coming out is of having to have 2 time spaced doses. People do not always take the second dose of any vaccine, causing lack of immunity.

If it becomes not just "a" vaccine, but 2 jabs, a month apart once or twice a year, how effective will it be, what will the efficacy be when people just don't bother.

Just musing out loud really, in the pharmacy I work at we see all views from, WE MUST have it, or be locked up till we do, it will be a magic bullet making it all back to normal, to we are all sheep, towing the line, getting our drugs and believing our placebos will protect us until herd immunity magics us back to normal... and many opinions in between (and yes, I have heard the chip insertion one too!).

What worries me is the ubiquitous "back to normal". People have high expectations either way. Those expectations will probably be managed downwards by the scientific advisors with time.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

What's to stop them putting a chip into the flu vaccine?
One of the people I know who won't have it is 72 years old and "remembers thalidomide" .
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
What's to stop them putting a chip into the flu vaccine?
One of the people I know who won't have it is 72 years old and "remembers thalidomide" .
My thoughts exactly though I am a long way from 72

I don't know what the outcome will be of this vaccine, I don't know what the side effects are and I often think "Thalidomide"... though I was too young at the time, all those poor mums what they must have felt. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I would take it for sure, but as a healthy 36 year old I'm probably not a priority which is fine. Out of the people I've spoken to regarding their views on it, I would say those older than me seem more willing to have it whereas its more split in those my age or younger. Some still believe the whole thing is a hoax or form of government control, and we're in a tier 3 area! I think they're just being willfully blind at this point.
Old 29 Oct 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I think it will be a requirement to travel to be honest. So it would be a requirement of part of my job (if I'm lucky enough to come back off sabbatical). But even if it isn't, I would absolutely have it, we need to get some form of normality back.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it's easier if you are older as if there are any long term effects you have less to worry about.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List