Notices

View Poll Results: Will you take the Covid vaccine?
Yes 642 76.61%
No 84 10.02%
Undecided 113 13.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 838. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Nov 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy C
Apprentice Imagineer

I find it heartening that since the vaccines were announced, the "Yes" percentage has been creeping up.

I think it was below 74% at one point, and has inched upwards (with this number of responses, most changes are going to be inching) past 75% a couple of days ago and now past 76% at time of writing.
Andy C is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I voted Yes and that will not change, however I wanted to ask how can you change your vote in a Dibb poll? It just says "you have already voted in this poll", and I see no option to amend a vote...
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Guess what, the 50% on the first dose was a dosing error- remember that being published at the time? If it wasn’t for the error they wouldn’t have known.
Sky news suggesting this may require trials to be re-run. I only caught the end of the piece.
Pinchy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Guess what, the 50% on the first dose was a dosing error- remember that being published at the time? If it wasn’t for the error they wouldn’t have known.
A happy accident like paracetamol.
Wondering why the would need retrials with it of there has been no notable side effects? Unless I'm missing something?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
A happy accident like paracetamol.
Wondering why the would need retrials with it of there has been no notable side effects? Unless I'm missing something?

They simply want permission to expand the dosing aspect of the trial. As it was a mistake (fortuitous though it seems - not many people want to see the words "mistake" and "desperately needed vaccine" in the same arena) they need to do it "for real" to see if the data can be maintained under larger numbers - and with a larger age range of participants for the reduced dosing regime. Not to do with safety, but to do with efficacy.

The company plans to ask regulators whether it can modify the trial to include the more efficacious dosing regimen, Mene Pangalos, AstraZeneca’s vice-president of biopharmaceuticals research, said at a press briefing.

Edited at 06:02 PM.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Allegedly Pfizer vaccine is going to be rolled out 7,8 or 9 December.

I’ve got a feeling the AstraZeneca will be delayed, but uneducated guess by me.
Old 1 Dec 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I voted Yes and that will not change, however I wanted to ask how can you change your vote in a Dibb poll? It just says "you have already voted in this poll", and I see no option to amend a vote...
That's kind of against the purpose of a poll. If everyone was able to change their vote then the wheels come off the poll. How you voted when the poll was created was how you felt at that time. If a new poll comes out, you would vote how you feel at that point in time
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
That's kind of against the purpose of a poll. If everyone was able to change their vote then the wheels come off the poll. How you voted when the poll was created was how you felt at that time. If a new poll comes out, you would vote how you feel at that point in time
Could we have a new one then please? It would be interesting to compare the two.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Could we have a new one then please? It would be interesting to compare the two.
Why don't you start a new one rather than asking other people to do it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Why don't you start a new one rather than asking other people to do it.
Because I don't know how to. Ok?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List