Notices

View Poll Results: Will you take the Covid vaccine?
Yes 642 76.61%
No 84 10.02%
Undecided 113 13.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 838. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Oct 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Can you explain?
I am speaking for myself here I am at an age where I would like my life now, in 10 years time or so I may not be so capable of enjoying life anyway.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Iíve voted undecided as I donít like any vaccines, Iíll take my chances which % wise is low, Iím 54 ideal weight exercise 7 times a week, so if I get it Iíd be very unlucky

Now if you have to have the vaccine to go to the US then Iíd have it like a SHOT
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy C
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
My mum is 76, is high risk and is refusing to have it. She has had so many bad reactions to so many different medications over the years, I think has added to that. She also doesn't have the flu vaccine. My family is a bit odd in that as children we had none, and i mean none of the things everyone gets. I'm told this is because when my mum had my oldest sister (first child) she went for whatever the jabs were at the time and had a very bad reaction, nearly died, so my mum then said no to absolutely everything for all of us. I always remember going to the docs to ask about what jabs I needed for my honeymoon (dom rep) and they looked at me opened mouthed when I said I had none. it took about 10 mins to explain that none meant none!
There will always be some few who genuinely cannot or should not take a vaccine. It's to provide a herd immunity shield around such as these that the rest of us need to step up.
Andy C is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
Swimming at the All Star Resort

I voted undecided... but that is good as I was a definite no a month ago.

Problem is I have ankylosing spondylitis and I would want to know a bit more if people with this have had the vaccine and has any side effects since it is an auto immune disease...

... but I would maybe risk it as I really want things back to normal and if you NEED it for holidays then that will probably force my hand...
Kcstyle is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Copied from a friend, spot on. I wonder how many would change their minds if they were surrounded by it everyday at work?!

ďAnd for those who believe it is nothing more than a cold, I am so pleased you think that way as we are always looking for volunteers to help on our covid wards, simple jobs like fetching water, helping staff to doff their PPE and holding the iPad up for the families to say their goodbyes.
PPE is limited but that wonít be an issue as youíve survived a cold before and arenít over 80. All the best! ď
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
What's to stop them putting a chip into the flu vaccine?
Now why would you think they would do that?. Your arm would have a few in there if itís a yearly jab.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Now why would you think they would do that?. Your arm would have a few in there if itís a yearly jab.
I don't think they would but if people think that about Covid injection why not flu jab?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
Two were the hairdressers. One aged 55 and the other 23. The other two were around 40 and 65 at a guess.
That has surprised me but it appears to be the general sentiment. I did a quick straw poll in the office today, 5 of us. 3 over 45s, 1 over 60 and a thirty something. 1 absolutely (me), 1 maybe (over 45) and 3 absolutely not. I have totally misjudged the feeling of a vaccine in the general population, and it saddens me.
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I don't think they would but if people think that about Covid injection why not flu jab?
Iím getting chipped on Saturday! (Flu Jab) 😃
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
My mom was prescribed Thalidomide but decided not to take it 😀 but didnít it turn out to be useful for something else a few years ago( canít remember what though) anyway my mom does have her annual flu jab so it didnít put her off
Thalidomide is still used widely around the world for a number of conditions, but its use is controlled and not given to expectant mums.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List