Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Nov 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Villa booking

I wanted to say a massive thank you to julieb01 dunessunshinevilla/
Who has let me change my villa booking I think 3 times now..lol...

She has dealt with my requests (due to current Covid) with ease...I would highly recommend looking at her villa as customer service is exceptional...

I think good service deserves recognition..again thank you Julie..
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by julie b View Post
I wanted to say a massive thank you to julieb01 dunessunshinevilla/
Who has let me change my villa booking I think 3 times now..lol...

She has dealt with my requests (due to current Covid) with ease...I would highly recommend looking at her villa as customer service is exceptional...

I think good service deserves recognition..again thank you Julie..
Always good to hear positive reviews.
Glad you were able to sort it.

I hope you are able to get there soon !

👏👏 Julie
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great to see a positive post , we too have had a great experience with our Dibb Villa owner , Steve, Windwood Bay Disney Villa . He also helped us move our dates due to the pandemic.
Here’s hoping we all get to use our new dates !
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

It's so good to hear great reviews about villa owners, we have also had a great experience with penny owens5558, she has been so patient changing our dates due to covid,

Edited at 12:34 PM.
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Great post, looks like a lovely villa, well done julieb01
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

Any of these villa owners offer refunds as an alternative ? Now that would be good service rather than move or lose everything, currently reading a number of articles about UK law and "frustrated contracts" which appears to suggest that if a contract is frustrated due to no fault of either party then it becomes null and void and the customer should be refunded in full

gov.uk/government/public...on-and-refunds

gov.uk/cma-cases/cancell...-accommodation

theguardian/money/20...ds-coronavirus
neil1489 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neil1489 View Post
Any of these villa owners offer refunds as an alternative ? Now that would be good service rather than move or lose everything, currently reading a number of articles about UK law and "frustrated contracts" which appears to suggest that if a contract is frustrated due to no fault of either party then it becomes null and void and the customer should be refunded in full

gov.uk/government/public...on-and-refunds

gov.uk/cma-cases/cancell...-accommodation

theguardian/money/20...ds-coronavirus
Is this only if your contract is with so done from the UK? How are you getting on with your attempt at a refund.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Is this only if your contract is with so done from the UK? How are you getting on with your attempt at a refund.
Yes as far as I am aware this is only relevant to UK law but apparently US law has similar provisions (Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code), and currently just reading up on it before actually speaking to the villa owner should my booking next year (March so its looking likely) be impossible due to travel restrictions.
neil1489 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neil1489 View Post
Yes as far as I am aware this is only relevant to UK law but apparently US law has similar provisions (Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code), and currently just reading up on it before actually speaking to the villa owner should my booking next year (March so its looking likely) be impossible due to travel restrictions.
Hi I have read the article on the gov website...
My booking is with a uk villa owner..she has let me move my booking twice...Neither of us have asked for or been offered a refund...

I think it’s a grey area... not sure to be honest how I feel...don’t get me wrong if I was offered the refund I would have taken it as both my parents are 77 and now villa booking moved from sept this year to March next year and now may 2022...which seems to my parents too far away...
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

I’d have loved a new date but not offered or a refund ... trying on insurance but not holding out much hope as already had one turned down same insurance company
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List