Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Nov 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
PS the 4 way you hit after Emerald Island community is Formosa Gardens Bvd. If you turn left here it will take you the 192 and some of the restaurants.

Staying on Westside will also bring you to the 192 and a right turn will get you to Rolling Oaks for loads of restaurants and Target. And of course the best steakhouse at reasonable prices - Longhorn.
Old 9 Nov 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Appreciate your help, thanks Mick
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mick,

One important update. The junction of Westside and Funie Steed is now a much needed traffic light. The only one on your route but very much needed. The left turn on the way back was horrific at times. I think 2 Westside teachers hitting each other may have been the final straw. Hopefully they will add one at the school itself too.

Funie Steed being fully paved is definitely increasing the traffic but it is still a good route.

A warning for everyone is to make a full stop at all stop signs. There are regularly deputies parked in the field at Funie Steed and Formosa Gardens Blvd especially.
Old 9 Nov 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Mick,

One important update. The junction of Westside and Funie Steed is now a much needed traffic light. The only one on your route but very much needed. The left turn on the way back was horrific at times. I think 2 Westside teachers hitting each other may have been the final straw. Hopefully they will add one at the school itself too.

Funie Steed being fully paved is definitely increasing the traffic but it is still a good route.

A warning for everyone is to make a full stop at all stop signs. There are regularly deputies parked in the field at Funie Steed and Formosa Gardens Blvd especially.
Thanks for the update Donna. We saw a few near misses last year when the 4 way was new. People coming north from the school and not stopping when in lane 2.

We also hated going "home" in the dark turning left off FSR to WB so a light will help there. Assume you can turn right on red though if you're WB north into FSR?

Lorbs

One final caution. Because there's so many communities on Legacy Boulevard and a few local schools you'll encounter quite a few school buses at each end of the school day if you're there in term time. Trust you've driven over there and know the school bus laws?

Mick
Old 10 Nov 20, 04:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mick, I can't think of any lights locally that don't allow a "right on red".
Old 10 Nov 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Donna

I'm a bit sad to remember such stuff but I recall these two not really in your neck of the woods though.

Turning off the eastbound I-4 on to Sand Lake Road east and turning right out of Posner Park on to the 27 north. In both cases there's two right turn lanes.

You can tell after two cancelled trips this year I'm desperate to post about driving, shopping and the Highgate Park area.

I refuse to even read most of the "current issues" forum.

Mick
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Donna

I'm a bit sad to remember such stuff but I recall these two not really in your neck of the woods though.

Turning off the eastbound I-4 on to Sand Lake Road east and turning right out of Posner Park on to the 27 north. In both cases there's two right turn lanes.

You can tell after two cancelled trips this year I'm desperate to post about driving, shopping and the Highgate Park area.

I refuse to even read most of the "current issues" forum.

Mick
Those are the 2 I am most familiar with as well so there can't be too many! Wait until you see all the changes at Posner Park. There is even a housing estate in the middle now.
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Those are the 2 I am most familiar with as well so there can't be too many! Wait until you see all the changes at Posner Park. There is even a housing estate in the middle now.
Wow

There was a lot of spare land between the two shopping areas.

Mick
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lorbs View Post
Booked a 4 bed villa with Virgin Holidays at Legacy Park. Has anyone stayed there and can tell me a bit about the area. Are the villas modern inside ?
Thanks
Morning,
We stayed in the estates, legacy Park in 2018 and really liked to location. The short cut to formasa Gardens was easy for going to disney and the 192 for food. A big publix and IHOP, applebees just up the road as well. I would go back to that area.

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
izzitme
Excited about Disney

Not immediately "local", but isn't the exit from Posner Park onto the 27 a no right on red?