Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 13 Nov 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
There is a Home Bargains near my mums house so I often have a walk there with my mum mainly at Christmas time to pick up cheap stocking fillers for my youngest. I have never actually looked at the food in there 🧐
When my gang were at school I used to buy the lunch box fillers at Home Bargains , a great saving
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I’m an Aldi shopper, when I come out of there I pop next door to B&M for the few branded bits I need .
I love Home Bargains but at the moment there’s only one very small one in the city centre so it’s a good 8 mile run to the next nearest .
However they have built a new one on our old Toys R Us site and it’s opening in March ! I am so excited as it’s next to my local Starbucks drive thru a five minute drive away
You'll go mad down the aisles 😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We don't have any of the cheaper shops around here, no Home Bargains, Poundstretcher or Wilko, just Aldi. Only been in Home Bargains when on holiday, was very impressed and jealous.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our huge new home bargains only opened a few weeks ago. I am trying to restrict my visits though. Always seem to come out with lots of stuff I didn’t know I needed ! Always stock up on toiletries and cleaning products then the rest at Aldi.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I love Home Bargains, good prices and variety

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
We don't have any of the cheaper shops around here, no Home Bargains, Poundstretcher or Wilko, just Aldi. Only been in Home Bargains when on holiday, was very impressed and jealous.
Crikey do you live on the moon or on your own private island 😂?

Was just waiting to pick DD up and googled ‘ home bargains near me ‘ - 4 within 1.5 miles
Googled Aldi - 13 within 6 miles
When I got home I googled B&M - 6 within 5 miles
We also have a Wilko and a Poundstretcher in Bury

The nearest retail park to me used to be a white elephant - now it has Aldi , Home Bargains and a huge B&M ( ex B&Q) - and now it’s tricky to get on the car park

It’s grim up North 😂😂!
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 07:38 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I go at least twice a week, we have just come back from Scotland and were very pleased there were so many up there , the one in Aviemore was lovely.
The problem is they have so many good lines you always spend way more than you intend to.
If you see something you want buy it there and then as it may not be there when you go back and may not come back in stock
If anyone watches the Home Edit show on Netflix Home bargains spotted an opening with their storage canisters etc £10 in John Lewis ... £2:49 in Home bargains and it’s good quality .
Love Home bargains 😂😁
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I love Home Bargains..the first one I went to was in Old Swan in Liverpool...that was about 25/30 years ago!
So many big ones in Liverpool now.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Tom Morris the owner (well was) still doing some buying in the office not long ago! I first called at HB and met Tom maybe 20 years ago and still did some business up to about 2 years ago. They are a brilliant team and their offices at Knowsley pretty impressive. He (they) drove a hard bargain! Always left thinking "what just happened!" 🤣😥
(Last time I looked Tom M was worth £3.5 Billion)
He started on a market stall in Liverpool but he has had stores all over the North West for years. I hated going as a kids as we would be in there for ages!
I’m friends with one of his daughters and a construction company I used to work for refitted his apartment at the Albert Dock. Blimey should of seen it once complete.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely love HB, never leave there empty handed!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List