Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Nov 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink_Fairy_Dust
Very Serious Dibber

Bra sizes - what constitutes one size up?

So during lockdown I have ate and drank what I want and feel my current bras aren't fitting right anymore. Basically I er spill over the cup now (please don't judge haha) and since in the current climate we can't just hot foot it down to M&S or another department store to get measured I'm taking a guess I'm maybe one size up but is this in terms of the letter or the number or both... I know that the letter is the cup size and the number the size around you but I still can't decide what I need to go up in...

So say I was a 32B (not confirming either way lol) should I try a 32C, a 34B or a 34C

I'm sure this is a really stupid question and hope its not inappropriate lol
Pink_Fairy_Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you have put on a lot of weight you probably need to go up both - so if you were 32B you would be 34C

You can measure your back size and see if it has increased. Cup size is a bit more complex I don't even know how that is measured!
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pink_Fairy_Dust View Post
So during lockdown I have ate and drank what I want and feel my current bras aren't fitting right anymore. Basically I er spill over the cup now (please don't judge haha) and since in the current climate we can't just hot foot it down to M&S or another department store to get measured I'm taking a guess I'm maybe one size up but is this in terms of the letter or the number or both... I know that the letter is the cup size and the number the size around you but I still can't decide what I need to go up in...

So say I was a 32B (not confirming either way lol) should I try a 32C, a 34B or a 34C

I'm sure this is a really stupid question and hope its not inappropriate lol
If you feel you’re filling out the cup size, it would be going up to a C from a B.

If you feel the band around you was too tight it would be a 34 from a 32.

But to be honest I find bra sizes are so random! So try a variation of whatever bra you like the look of.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

There's a Facebook group called Boob or Bust. They will change your life (as well as your bra size)!
They use your true measurements rather than the silly way M&S do it!
Most people go down in back size but up in cup so would potentially need a 30d for instance if you were currently wearing 32b.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I feel your pain I was 32GG before March had to call my local bra shop just before lockdown end of October explained that my bra's were too small and my bust were too big for the cup. Being going to her shop for over 30years she asked if I had gained weight I have only 3kgs, she made me appointment went to her and was shocked that I am now 30HH I am slim but when I gain weight it goes all on my bust.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Agree with above. A 32B would need to go up to a 34C to be bigger all round.

I would order a selection from M&S online and return the ones that don't fit. It's easy enough to return stuff via the post office.

Bear in mind that most people definitely don't have their bras nearly anywhere near tight enough round the middle...
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I am in a similar situation, I need to either get a bra measurements or go into a fitting room with a selection of bras to try on, neither is currently possible, so stuck in my to small bras for now
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I got measured in an independent shop a few years ago, and bought my best fitting bra ever! It is strange how you can fit the cup but the wire digs in, or cups too big, etc. Also makes a difference to the style ie balcony, full, half cup etc. I'd recommend heading to an independent shop and getting a proper measurement done then try a few different styles on. I remember once being in Florida, forgot to take a white bra with me, spent some time looking for another and couldn't find the right one, I don't like a padded bra and for some reason that's all I could find in the shops! On our last trip when we stayed in HRH I managed to leave all my bras and new pants in the hotel room, packed everything else. Couldn't believe it, it is so hard to find the right bra and was so annoyed at myself!
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I am in a similar situation, I need to either get a bra measurements or go into a fitting room with a selection of bras to try on, neither is currently possible, so stuck in my to small bras for now
I am really lucky that I have a really small bra shop near were I live, but she is so good she knows me really well and as soon as go in or call her she has at least 4 bras already for me to try on.

Edited at 10:30 PM.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Yes your strap around your chest should be firm, your bra should be held up by the chest strap, rather than the shoulder straps.

If you are wearing a 32B say, and it’s comfy enough around the chest strap, but your boobs are spilling out, try a 32C

Edited at 07:16 PM.
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List