Old 28 Nov 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Tier 3 - no travel?

I live in Lincoln and we went into this lockdown in tier 1 and we leave it on December 2nd in tier 3

We had planned a huge shop at Costco after lockdown ended. Its in Sheffield which is also tier 3. I am sure that we can't do this as its unnecessary travel. I dispute this as we have only used the card once and I want my monies worth from the membership

Can anyone confirm if we can go? It's all just getting a bit confusing

1995 Indian Ridge - 1998 Hamiltons Reserve
2000 Omni Rosen - 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLP
2007 West Stonebridge - 2009 Lake Wilson
2011/13/14 Town Centre - 2016/18/21 Windwood Bay
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

As far as I'm aware you can go, its only advised against travel, all travel is perfectly legal.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
As far as I'm aware you can go, its only advised against travel, all travel is perfectly legal.
This is correct i think. We have just been plunged intotier 3, our neighbouring town is tier 2 (we are on the border or Warwickshire /Worcestershire) all my daughters toddler classes and also local farm park in that town have confirmed that tier 3 can travel to tier 2 without breaking the law.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I find it interesting that when less areas were in tier 3 those in tier 3 were being discouraged from travelling but now more areas are affected (and risk increased) people think it's allowed.

For essential shopping I would travel, for days out I wouldn't.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1182366
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

It is allowed, itís said to be advised not to.

Government advise people not to eat too much and do more exercise.

But if you get your BMI over 40, the government are now fast tracking you up the list to get your vaccine before the under 60s and rewarding you for behaviours against advice.
Old 28 Nov 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It is allowed, itís said to be advised not to.

Government advise people not to eat too much and do more exercise.

But if you get your BMI over 40, the government are now fast tracking you up the list to get your vaccine before the under 60s and rewarding you for behaviours against advice.
Thankfully... clinical need before perceived worth is a good thing, showing a civilised, compassionate society.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
FizzyWhip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
I find it interesting that when less areas were in tier 3 those in tier 3 were being discouraged from travelling but now more areas are affected (and risk increased) people think it's allowed.

For essential shopping I would travel, for days out I wouldn't.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1182366
I agree.
If itís ok to travel from very high risk areas to those with less cases then it makes the tier system pointless .
FizzyWhip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Getting Excited

I am in tier 3 and will hopefully be travelling to London in January to go abroad. Iím not worried about leaving tier 3 as itís just Ďadvised againstí and you can travel as part of a longer journey. My worry is that I wonít be able to stay overnight at an airport hotel because they either wonít let me stay as I am a tier 3 area, or they may close themselves if they go in tier 3. Which would mean a 5 and half hour drive down to London in the middle of the night to make morning flight 🙈
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List