Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

TUI Aug 2022 departure airport changed from Doncaster to Manchester

I've had an eventful day went onto TUI to check my booking to find it had been accidentally cancelled. We were originally booked for Sept 2021 but due to the ongoing situation we decided to push it back to Aug 2022. So we made the amendment over a month ago, it updated on our booking and everything was fine apart from we couldn't choose our seats.

So after speaking to a couple of different people from TUI our booking has now reappeared for 2022, we were able to book our seats finally but we noticed the airport has changed from Doncaster to Manchester. It doesn't overly matter, we were looking forward to travelling in and out of Donnie just because it is smaller etc but if we have to fly from Manchester so be it. But we've not actually received anything to say our flights have been changed, when I originally made the amendment it was definitely still from Doncaster. I know 2022 is quite far ahead but does anyone know if TUI are stopping flights from Doncaster?

TIA,
Mel
Old 1 Dec 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have just had to change our august 2022 from Birmingham to Manchester! We could have flown from Birmingham if we had gone 2 days later. I had a call today so maybe you will get a call soon.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby

Aw that’s interesting to hear, true so I may hear from them fairly soon. We are travelling from scotland so there’s not much in it for us just Doncaster looked a nice airport to fly from. I was just curious. Interesting that you have also been changed to Manchester.
Old 1 Dec 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by CrazyBaby View Post
Aw that’s interesting to hear, true so I may hear from them fairly soon. We are travelling from scotland so there’s not much in it for us just Doncaster looked a nice airport to fly from. I was just curious. Interesting that you have also been changed to Manchester.
Well they wanted to change us to fly 2 days later but we really needed to stay flying on the Saturday as we are going for 10 days and flying on the Tuesday would mean 2 days extra annual leave so my other option was to keep the dates the same but fly from Manchester.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
doncaster so easy to use and parking across the road
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby

Yeah it was the ease of Doncaster that attracted us to it to begin with. We definitely would have preferred to fly from there for those reasons in particular. We are going to try and talk to them tomorrow and see what the outcome is and why it has been changed. I know we definitely can't change the dates because as soon as we return I start my 3rd yr of uni.
Old 1 Dec 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone booked on a TUI flight from Manchester to Sanford Aug 15-29th? It’s a Sunday flight which popped up in October but now doesn’t appear on schedules if you do a dummy booking. The flight times suggest it is/was a ‘special’ to fit in with a TUI cruise and of course cruises are cancelled. I’m a bit concerned this flight will be too, despite TUI’s assurances that it’s scheduled.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

This might explain my 11 night june 2022 booking, flight doesn't appear to exist anymore,and i cant amend online.

Edited at 11:49 PM.
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I am booked Easter 2022 2/4/2022... had it booked for weeks🥴... it’s a Saturday flight from Birmingham (already booked my seats in Premium) looked cause of this thread & it’s still showing but if I go to make a new booking it only shows a Thursday or Monday flight from Birmingham 🤷🏻
Old 2 Dec 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby

I had amended my booking on Nov 5th and it was from Doncaster which at the time flights were on a Thursday but now when I do a dummy booking they are only flying from Doncaster on a Sunday which probably explains why it has been changed to Manchester. It would have been nice to fly from Doncaster but then on the plus side we can easily get the train from Glasgow direct to Manchester Airport and leave the car at home. Also may even treat ourselves to a runway room at Radisson Blu