Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Aug 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Raiponce
Trying for More Ears

Apparently all the hotel guests found leaflets explaining how it works in their rooms!

We are staying on site and have not seen any info at all on how it will work, bus times etc 😒
Raiponce is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We asked at guest services in the park yesterday and were told there will be a virtual queue if the area reaches capacity. I have a reservation for the Cantina that I accidentally made for myself but want DH to go. I can't modify it online and they have told us to turn up together on the day and hopefully as we have the same name they'll let my DH use it. I did query what would happen if we can't all get into the park at the same time and they said hopefully they may let us all through together in the reservation line but it will be down to the cast members on the day.
One bit of confusion was that they told me the park is only opening at 6am to onsite guests! I did say I thought it was open to everyone at 6am on the first 3 days but he told us no it was 9am for offsite guests. I've checked the hours on here and mde though and as far as I can see he was obviously confused?!
Old 27 Aug 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
One bit of confusion was that they told me the park is only opening at 6am to onsite guests! I did say I thought it was open to everyone at 6am on the first 3 days but he told us no it was 9am for offsite guests. I've checked the hours on here and mde though and as far as I can see he was obviously confused?!
That's the extra extra magic hours right? for onsite guests 6-9
disneyworld.disney.go/en...a-magic-hours/

but that's from sep 1st like you say
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It says that they *may* implement it, not that they will implement it.
So it depends on how crowded it gets and whether they need to do this. I wouldn't be surprised if they did implement it but they are not saying there are definitely going to implement it.
Ok, here goes.

If crowds become too much then WDW may implement a "on-the-day" booking system to enter Galaxy's Edge. For those who don't already have a reservation inside GE (eg. for Oga's Cantina, Savi’s Workshop, or the Droid Depot) they can book a timeslot to enter GE on the day using the MyDisneyExperience app or from a CM at various locations. They can then visit the rest of Hollywood Studios whilst waiting for their timeslot to open.
There will be signage in the park or on the app to say whether they need to book a timeslot on that day.
Excellent Nimbus, I dont know why I did not PM you to start with and ask, you are always one of my 'go to' people for info - now I understand, thank you.
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Excellent Nimbus, I dont know why I did not PM you to start with and ask, you are always one of my 'go to' people for info - now I understand, thank you.
Seriously? I swear I just paraphrased what was in the article. I probably copied a few sentences as well. Ah well, glad it helped.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Came back to our room to find the leaflet..
.. excited for my visit to Batuu on Sunday!

Edited at 05:49 PM.
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We asked at guest services in the park yesterday and were told there will be a virtual queue if the area reaches capacity. I have a reservation for the Cantina that I accidentally made for myself but want DH to go. I can't modify it online and they have told us to turn up together on the day and hopefully as we have the same name they'll let my DH use it. I did query what would happen if we can't all get into the park at the same time and they said hopefully they may let us all through together in the reservation line but it will be down to the cast members on the day.
Just managed to change my Cantina reservation for Friday from 1 person at 12.50 to 3 people at 12.
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Just managed to change my Cantina reservation for Friday from 1 person at 12.50 to 3 people at 12.
Well done, dont forget we want a report, especially the getting in if you have a reservation for Oga's bit please
Dont spend too much money in there
Hope you get to do the ride

Edited at 01:53 PM.
THE WIZARD is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

You may use My Disney Experience to request to be part of a boarding group after entering Disney’s Hollywood Studios, if implemented that day. Simply link the theme park tickets of everyone in your party together on the app to request the same boarding group for your entire party. To see which boarding group is currently being admitted to the land, look on the app or one of the many digital tip boards in the park.

Not too sure if this would be possible but if I entered HS one morning and booked booked a slot for later in the day in the virtual queue, would my family then be able to request to join my boarding group (I would leave them sleep in) or would we all have to be present?
Old 29 Aug 19, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

As the reservations for the droid and light sabre say you can bring one guest with you if you’re only building one, I assume they’d let both people into the area the hour before the reservation.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List