Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Feb 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstielou
Imagineer

Shocked at Price of holiday now

I have just asked for a price from 2 well known travel agents. £12-14k for 5 adults, 2 kids in a villa in Oct 2021. Thats WITHOUT tickets!

We booked with one of the companies in in 2016 and it was just under £5k for all 7 of us. We have not been on a holiday since then.

How does anyone afford this?

Before we had kids (2001-2009) we used to go every year and I booked everything DIY. I have priced up myself and it come out around £7-£8k.
I just dont get where they get their prices from.

Looks like its going to be DIY again and checking the Dibb for the latest tips. I'm a bit out of practice with the bargain hunting.
Twins 2nd visit May/June 2022
kirstielou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

This far out (20 months) there won't be any prices available from providers, so travel agents will be guessing prices and adding a percentage on to cover any possible increases, such as in the exchange rate.
You won't be able to do DIY yourself yet, so I would wait until DIY prices are available before checking with agents.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstielou
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
This far out (20 months) there won't be any prices available from providers, so travel agents will be guessing prices and adding a percentage on to cover any possible increases, such as in the exchange rate.
You won't be able to do DIY yourself yet, so I would wait until DIY prices are available before checking with agents.
That makes sense. Just wow!
Twins 2nd visit May/June 2022
kirstielou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely consider booking yourself separately. If we paid travel agent prices we’d never afford to go!

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Agree with John, you are looking far too soon for October 2021. Any price you get now is pure guesswork from the TA. The TA would be daft not to build in a substantial buffer as they have no idea what prices will be for them in the future.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I've just booked Park Combo Tickets at £719 pp today. Which I think is a good price. Hard to swallow when Park Tickets are more expensive than flights now! I cant get flights until later this year but I already know what an acceptable price will be. Villa sorted out already. Its never been cheap and its getting more expensive YOY.

Good Luck!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

I checked with Tui for Sept 2021 and got around £2200 per person at Caribbean Beach for two weeks. (no tickets)

I checked direct on Disney site and got pretty much the same price for just the hotel without tickets, so might as go with Tui as they include the flights.

Prices might change over the coming months though. I don't paying a bit extra for peace of mind and having everything in one place, just not a ridiculous amount.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I think if you want a villa I would start looking at that now. We have booked our villa for May 2021 and I booked it last June.

Flights you can’t book until 11 months out with scheduled carriers. Tui might have flight prices out but they will be expensive
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I think if you want a villa I would start looking at that now. We have booked our villa for May 2021 and I booked it last June.

Flights you can’t book until 11 months out with scheduled carriers. Tui might have flight prices out but they will be expensive
I don't do villas but I had read this was not really advisable to book too far in advance as there is more chance of the owner selling or otherwise having a change in circumstances.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
I checked with Tui for Sept 2021 and got around £2200 per person at Caribbean Beach for two weeks. (no tickets)

I checked direct on Disney site and got pretty much the same price for just the hotel without tickets, so might as go with Tui as they include the flights.

Prices might change over the coming months though. I don't paying a bit extra for peace of mind and having everything in one place, just not a ridiculous amount.
But chances are you’ll get free dining for September if you wait.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List