Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

This is complete speculation BUT

I can see the reservation system being here to stay.

I don’t however think that reservations will be required everyday long term.

I’m also unsure as to whether they will be required through next year - noting that the announcement says they will be available rather than required.

Long term I can see it working something like this:

On days Disney expects to hit capacity in a given park reservations will be required and no walkins will be allowed.

On days that are expected to come close to capacity, reservations will be recommended with walkins allowed as capacity allows.

On days that aren’t expected to come close to capacity, reservations will be accepted and give you a guarantee of getting into the park, but they won’t be required.

For the time being whilst social distancing is still a thing, then expected attendance will be greater than capacity so the first scenario applies (as they have said that when the parks reopen reservations will be required).

Obviously on days where walkins are allowed, remaining capacity would be calculated by subtracting number of people in the park + number of reservations yet to attend from actual capacity (and for the purposes of this actual capacity is the number of people Disney are letting into the park on a given day, which will of course for the time being be significantly lower than normal capacity).

Of course I’m just speculating and am likely to be wrong, but it seems feasible to me?
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Allowing passholders to only hold 2 days reservations at a time is going to be a major issue for UK-based passholders. I'm the only one in our party of 7 with an annual pass - everyone else has 14/21 day tickets and I assume will therefore be eligible to book 14 or 21 days.
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Allowing passholders to only hold 2 days reservations at a time is going to be a major issue for UK-based passholders. I'm the only one in our party of 7 with an annual pass - everyone else has 14/21 day tickets and I assume will therefore be eligible to book 14 or 21 days.
Where does it say only 2 days at a time?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by qt87 View Post
I just got through to Disney and was told that the park reservation system going live on Monday is ONLY for bookings arriving in 2020. She said they didn’t have dates for when 2021 park bookings would be available.
She said only one park per day. No discount on tickets already purchased even though we’re limited to one park.

ETA she also said there’s no time to have to pick. You book for the day and it’s valid all day
I'm on hold just now whilst she checks 2021 date, she also said 2020 only on Mon but read the email whilst I was there and said she wanted to check.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Not good for DVC owners who have annual passes
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Where does it say only 2 days at a time?
I've seen on a couple of groups this is what cast members have been telling people who have called. Also reported here: wdwnt/2020/06/walt-disne...ons-at-a-time/
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by qt87 View Post
I just got through to Disney and was told that the park reservation system going live on Monday is ONLY for bookings arriving in 2020. She said they didn’t have dates for when 2021 park bookings would be available.
She said only one park per day. No discount on tickets already purchased even though we’re limited to one park.

ETA she also said there’s no time to have to pick. You book for the day and it’s valid all day
Odd, as just received email from ATD

Reservations will now be required for all guests visiting Walt Disney World Resort in Florida before September 26th, 2021.

Which is as per Disney website
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by assos View Post
This is complete speculation BUT

Long term I can see it working something like this:

On days Disney expects to hit capacity in a given park reservations will be required and no walkins will be allowed.

On days that are expected to come close to capacity, reservations will be recommended with walkins allowed as capacity allows.

On days that aren’t expected to come close to capacity, reservations will be accepted and give you a guarantee of getting into the park, but they won’t be required.
Most of the Disney parks never reach capacity even at Christmas or Easter.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Ok, so our CM was lovely, she went and checked info with her support team who checked with their support team...lets see if it matched with info coming through tomorrow:

Monday is for 2020 ONLY, 2021 opens on Wednesday

Time slots, the wording wasn't great, they mean time slot as in that parks restricted hours, the park is yours to leave and reenter as you please for the day.

She doesn't know of any offers as yet

I asked if not linked in time, can I get a refund of my deposit, she said if not linked by Tues to give them a call, she could see my booking but it hadn't gone through to the MDE bit yet.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List