Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Nov 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Just to follow on / update themeparkandy's review as we went to CSR in 2019 and so can comment on a few areas that were previously negatives but now are not.

Walk to main areas - they now have several new bridges over the lake connecting the different resort areas to the central tower and lobby area. This drastically reduces the walking time and it's also really a nice walk over the water.

Buses - there are 4 bus stops in the resort - so wherever you stay, you are close to a stop.

Location - if you look on a map it's actually fairly central between all the parks. No longer than 15 mins to get to the parks. Disney springs was a bit longer I think.

We stayed in 2019, not long after the tower opened. The whole resort has been refurbished and the rooms are stunning. The new bar on the lake looked amazing and so does the new restaurant at the top of the tower, sadly we ran out of time to do both whilst we were there.
Couldn’t have written it better myself

We stayed at CSR in late September/early October 2019. The standard room was lovely and we really liked the pool area. We’d probably want to try the gran destino tower if we stayed again though just for something different. We found the buses really good (generally) and it only took a couple of mins to get to a stop from our room. We didn’t ever feel the journey to any of the parks was particularly long as I think the resort is quite central but closest to AK.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm currently booked for CBR in July 2020. CBR was £250 less than CSR so was a no brainer for us in that aspect.

I think CBR has a more 'fun' atmosphere around it (I've never been so correct me if I'm wrong!), all the colours of the buildings just seem to give off a lovely vibe. CSR just seems a bit too 'dark & brooding' for me!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I'm currently booked for CBR in July 2020. CBR was £250 less than CSR so was a no brainer for us in that aspect.

I think CBR has a more 'fun' atmosphere around it (I've never been so correct me if I'm wrong!), all the colours of the buildings just seem to give off a lovely vibe. CSR just seems a bit too 'dark & brooding' for me!
Mmm this is my view only of course, but I didn't think CBR had fun theming or any vibe at all. The majority of the buildings are a mucky pink and I think look tired, like they could do with the exterior repainting (I don't know if that happened as part of the recent resort refurb). There may be a bit more colour in the buildings housing the main amenities, however we were so far from these that I only went once.

For fun theming I think Art of Animation would be top pick, although we have decided to go for Pop Century next year, I don't think the theming is quite as good but overall it will suit us better than AoA.

I have never been to CSR, but it doesn't look dark to me, it looks very bright especially the new tower. I expect it would be more grown up and less themed than some other resorts though because of the conferences.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Mmm this is my view only of course, but I didn't think CBR had fun theming or any vibe at all. The majority of the buildings are a mucky pink and I think look tired, like they could do with the exterior repainting (I don't know if that happened as part of the recent resort refurb). There may be a bit more colour in the buildings housing the main amenities, however we were so far from these that I only went once.

For fun theming I think Art of Animation would be top pick, although we have decided to go for Pop Century next year, I don't think the theming is quite as good but overall it will suit us better than AoA.

I have never been to CSR, but it doesn't look dark to me, it looks very bright especially the new tower. I expect it would be more grown up and less themed than some other resorts though because of the conferences.
I was considering Pop Century for our trip next year but we really enjoy the moderates and seeing how busy the buses get for the values terrifies me! We're hoping to move to POR if it opens up in time but I doubt that so we booked CBR instead, I've watched a couple of videos on CSR and CBR and much preferred the theming and look of CBR compared to CSR, plus having the skyliner at CBR wins it for me!

I'm not a fan of the new tower at CSR, I haven't seen it in person so can't judge too much, but in pictures it just seems to stand out like a sore thumb.

The blessing about Disney is that there's a resort for everyone!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List