Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Nov 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Hotel for 1st night at Orlando?

I'm thinking about booking a hotel for the first night, possibly the MCO airport hotel, we've got flights arriving in the evening, and I figured rather than pay out on Disney accommodation we'd crash at or near the airport and have a full first day. Last time we stayed onsite our flight was delayed and we arrived onsite after all the restaurants were shut, felt like a waste.

Has anyone else done this, how did it go, were food options reasonable, did it feel like too much hanging around the next day?

Thanks
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We usually do this for a similar reason to yourselves, namely so as not to waste a night at a Premium Universal hotel, instead checking in at Universal early next day.

We like the Ramada, cheap, cheerful and just N of Sandlake Rd on I Drive.

We paid £60 for four of us last August and that included breakfast and free parking. It was as you would would expect, nothing special, but fresh and clean. It was also very well placed for eating our evening meal on I Drive.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Will look at that, thanks.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We do this and stay at the Clarion LBV, cheap and cheerful, handy for Disney Springs
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did this last time. We booked the Ramada plaza on I Drive for the first night then we drove to Miami
Old 21 Nov 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Could you get magic express the next day if you did this and were booked in a Disney resort?
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I don't see why you couldn't get DME, just give a different day when you book.

I'm being seduced by the Hyatt in the airport, it's got a rooftop pool, it's not cheap, but it's not Disney expensive. I'm getting worse at budgeting as I get older..
Old 21 Nov 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've stayed at the MCO Hyatt , it's a lovely hotel, the breakfast was great!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
We’ve stayed at mco Hyatt regency for our first night before and would definitely do it again. It wasn’t cheap but was very convenient. We were shattered and so just got fast food from the terminal and then got a Starbucks the next day when we were walking the airport at 5am (jet lag). It was great to get photos outside the Disney and universal stores without the crowds. After our early coffee, we packed up and travelled across to universal to check in at 7am, have breakfast and then be at the park for opening so we weren’t hanging around. Obviously, I’m not sure what it would be like in the future!
Old 21 Nov 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

If you don5 want to pay as much as the Hyatt, you could always book the first night at All Stars, POP or AOA. They are often $100 a night. Then have bell services transfer your luggage next day and go straight to the parks for opening.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List