Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Nov 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Thank you for all the advice. Emailed on the 13th, morning EST. I will let you know what happens. I am not holding my breath.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ghints View Post
Thanks for posting the number, I called them at the weekend about our AP. On hold for about 35 minutes and then a very polite and bubbly cast member came on to tell me that she couldn't tell me when it would be refunded, or how much the refund would be.

I said that our credit card was shortly going to expire and I didn't want a USD cheque (which would cost £25 to pay into a UK bank account). She claimed that Disney would "sort this out" if this happened...…..which I assume would take at least another 6 months

Not sure why they can not redirect all of these cast members that are being laid off towards sorting out the backlog of increasingly angry customers Disney now have...
£25 to pay into a U.K. back account?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
£25 to pay into a U.K. back account?
Yes, when you take account of processing fees and the margin they make on currency conversion, you will lose close to £25, compared to a refund back through your CC at the Mastercard/Visa prevailing rate.

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Yes, when you take account of processing fees and the margin they make on currency conversion, you will lose close to £25, compared to a refund back through your CC at the Mastercard/Visa prevailing rate.
I think Barclays and Halifax are more like £15 as the currency conversion is the exact same rate that a credit card company use. Although not great at least it is a refund and even with a credit card refund I would have lost money as the exchange rate has changed etc so I'm trying to look at it as its one of those things. Unfortunately if Disney can't refund the original payment type they don't really have any choice but to issue a cheque and at least its not a gift card because that would be even harder to use given there is no certainty around when we can travel to the US. At one point I thought there wouldn't even be a refund option so really I'm just grateful to get something back

Edited at 09:20 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Thank you for all the advice. Emailed on the 13th, morning EST. I will let you know what happens. I am not holding my breath.
Received Email telling me I am to get a "paper check". Amount and date unknown but "check your mailbox regularly". At least I now know that I am in the process. It's like a Treasure Hunt.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Is that per cheque as they are issuing me 4. One for each person. That’s like £100. Ridiculous when it should have just gone back on my card. Nothing has changed but the expiry date
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Received Email telling me I am to get a "paper check". Amount and date unknown but "check your mailbox regularly". At least I now know that I am in the process. It's like a Treasure Hunt.
My refund was back to my card, but the amount and date was unknown too!

I only found out my refund(s) came back when I went to pay my credit card bill and got the pleasant surprise of it being a fair bit less than I was expecting to pay!
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Is that per cheque as they are issuing me 4. One for each person. That’s like £100. Ridiculous when it should have just gone back on my card. Nothing has changed but the expiry date
I think it may well be one cheque per ticket! I guess until we start seeing them arrive we wont know. I think there are some places that do it cheaper than that though so its worth checking - Barclays and Halifax I thought were £15
Old 24 Nov 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
diby5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
No sorry I'm not sure but I think its a good bet to give them a ring if you want to cancel. Just remember that currently you can't purchase APs so if you do cancel then there's a chance they wont have APs on sale next time you do want to visit. I would assume the processing time etc will be similar to a standard cancellation so you wont get the refund very quickly but you will eventually get one.
Just an update to say that for my unused APs purchased in January, intended first use during an October trip, I emailed the passholder program on November 6th and heard nothing (other than a standard auto response email) until yesterday when I received an email response stating that my tickets had been cancelled and a refund would be paid to the credit card I used to purchase the tickets.

1997 Orange Lake Country Club, 1999 CBR, 2000 Grosvenor/Sandals Royal Bahamian, 2002/3 Wyndham Palace, 2004 ASMo, 2007 POFQ, 2009 CSR, 2010 BC (Disney Wedding), 2011 BWI, 2012 BC, 2013 Poly, January 2015 OKW, November 2015 BC/HoJo Anaheim/Casablanca NYC, 2016 Palm Pavilion Clearwater/AKL, 2019 POR, 2022/3 BC, 2024 YC

Edited at 11:22 AM.
diby5 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by diby5 View Post
Just an update to say that for my unused APs purchased in January, intended first use during an October trip, I emailed the passholder program on November 6th and heard nothing (other than a standard auto response email) until yesterday when I received an email response stating that my tickets had been cancelled and a refund would be paid to the credit card I used to purchase the tickets.
Glad they sorted it! Still no refund sign here