Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 May 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Mobile Purple bricks

Anyone used these when selling?

Would you recommend or not?
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We used them last year and had a very good experience. Luckily for us our house sold within the 1st week and tbh it was the easiest transaction we've ever had.

The app that they use is brilliant as well.

Dunx 😎

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We have twice our 2ex rental flats sold in less than 2weeks about to use them a third time at the end of the month for an other property
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
cumbrian lakes
Apprentice Imagineer

They came to view our house valued it less than 100K than other estate agents. Tried three times to view a house they had up for sale. They cancelled the first two appointments. Phoned us up to see if we liked the property, told them you had cancelled the appointments and we have not viewed the house. Made another appointment with them, sat outside the house for 45 minutes. Never turned up. Phoned us up again ask us did we like the property.

We would not use them or look at a house they have up for sale.

Barbara
cumbrian lakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We bought a house via Purple Bricks and it was a total nightmare, I would personally avoid.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jb_82
Earning More Ears

Not sold through them but bought a house listed with them and it was a horrible experience. Could never get hold of anyone to get any info or updates and the conveyancing firm they use are a joke, they made the transaction take way longer than it should have.
jb_82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Charl_bb View Post
We bought a house via Purple Bricks and it was a total nightmare, I would personally avoid.
We're buying our first home via PB and it is challenging not having a formal estate agents.

I don't think i'd like to do it again - although on the flip side they did undervalue the flat we bought so we got a bargain
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jb_82 View Post
Not sold through them but bought a house listed with them and it was a horrible experience. Could never get hold of anyone to get any info or updates and the conveyancing firm they use are a joke, they made the transaction take way longer than it should have.
Also the conveyancing firm are indeed rubbish.

Slow, inaccurate and I have zero confidence in them
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Oh dear We are viewing houses this weekend and one of them is though Purple Bricks. The vendor will be conducting the viewing. I made the appointment online but I was quite annoyed when PB made a follow up call and used the opportunity to give me the hard sell regarding listing my house with them. Just wouldn't take no for an answer

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
loolieboo1410
Earning More Ears

I sold my house through them. The Purple Bricks agent was fantastic. Their solicitors however are incredibly shocking. They almost lost us the sale, delayed the whole thing by 8 weeks and we consistently found them out to be lying and trying to play the seller off against us. They didn't know I was also in contact with the buyer. Court proceedings are now taking place!
loolieboo1410 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List