Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Thomas cook email moved seats/ recharged

So had an email like others to say they had moved our seats.
On checking online they have literally moved us sideways we were 2 and a 1, now in a group of three in the middle.
So online chat, requested we be moved back( seats still showing as avalible) as we preferred two aisle seats as before. Yep no problem, we will charge you!
So a £70 charge( we had prepaid already) , and a reassurance that we would receive a refund via the cc for the £70 we had just paid.

Anybody else had this with THomas cook?
I have a print out of the chat transcript , but just seems rather odd, to move us back to seats we were already in, albeit I guess this may be a change of aircraft

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyj
Trying for More Ears

Had the same thing yesterday sorted though online chat
No mention of any charge or refund and couldn't get the original seats we booked moved back a row. Before I did online chat I did a dummy booking to see what seats were available and it looked like they had moved all window and aisle seat to the middle row . Very annoying as I nearly didn't open the email as it didn't say it was from Thomas cook
tracyj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Tracey, how strange, ours were windows and aisle , and next aisle over.
I checked seat map and the previous seats were still vacant, so requested to be moved back,
Was def charged and it’s showing as pending on cc, just keeping an eye on when the refund will drop in, and will deffo be on the phone if it doesn’t

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

I wonder if it's the same thing that happened to us. We got moved but that was because it was a different plane and we'd paid slightly more for 2 of the seats (2 and 2, window/aisle in subsequent rows) and one row previously had a better pitch.
Just a guess. They've also changed the flight time from mid day to 9.40 am so that's nearly 2.5 hours earlier which suits me... the midday flight was a compromise from my point of view anyway. We're flying on MT2604 on 28th June from Manchester
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

It's all very strange. I originally booked seats 16a and c going out and coming back. Received an email the other day saying they had changed us 16a and c … errr… ? !

Old 8 Mar 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemelos
Trying for More Ears

Hi,

Thomas cook have changed our seats numerous times for our flight in April. When I’ve called to change them back we have never been charged. The only time we were charged and refunded for the old seats was when we upgraded to PE. The refund was on the same credit card statement though so it didn’t cause a problem 😊
Gemelos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by k1971 View Post
I wonder if it's the same thing that happened to us. We got moved but that was because it was a different plane and we'd paid slightly more for 2 of the seats (2 and 2, window/aisle in subsequent rows) and one row previously had a better pitch.
Just a guess. They've also changed the flight time from mid day to 9.40 am so that's nearly 2.5 hours earlier which suits me... the midday flight was a compromise from my point of view anyway. We're flying on MT2604 on 28th June from Manchester
Not had a notification for my June 6th flight, but sounds like they've merged two planes onto one on your date. Is it wrong that I'm secretly hoping they do the same for my flight, would love a mid afternoon landing into MCO
Old 8 Mar 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We’re still on the same flight, time and flight number have not changed they are still the same.
Really strange

Jules
Old 8 Mar 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I remember having a very long argument with TC when I prepaid to book my seats to Tenerife. It was a 3-3 aircraft and I can get panic attacks if I am not on an aisle to I paid to get the seats B&C. They refused to allow me to book them as they said I could only book window and middle. I asked for a refund if they wouldn't let me book what I needed as I decided I stood a great chance of getting an aisle seat anyway if that was the case. He said when you paid to book you only paid to be guaranteed to be sat together not to get the seat you asked for!

After a lot of posts on Facebook they eventually gave in and gave me what I wanted as they wouldn't refund me either!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Strange, we had the opposit where TC gave us money back because when rebooked back to our original seats it was cheaper
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List