Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Feb 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

Easter 2020 - When did you book?

Following on from my thread in the 'planning' forum, i'm hoping to get some feedback from some that have been over Easter, or are going this year at that time.

It's a simple question..when did you book? Where did/are you staying? And if I can be so crude, how much did you pay?

Basically, i've got an 'early booking' type of price from Virgin which is comparable with Tui, for flights and accomodation. I understand that things can change when hotels and flights are properly released, but i'm finiding it hard to find a straight comparison with this year to see how much they may have added on for a 'fudge factor'. I'm happy to pay this is thats the sort of region that it's likely to cost, but if it's likely to be much cheaper then i'd prefer to hold off.

TIA
gbr78 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
So for a villa, these easily book 2-3 years in advance.

If you are booking a package holiday it's different as you can book before flights come out.

So for DIY (that would always be my go to), villa first then I'd be looking at flights 11 months out, typically I find flights the best price around 4-6 months out. 6 months out I'd book a refundable car option and keep looking until nearer the time.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks @Claireyfairy8, appreciate your help.

Would you have a guide on what you think is a reasonable flight cost for Easter time? With the way the holidays fall next year we are looking at Easter Monday departure.

As an aside, i've just looked at your villa link (I assume they're yours). What would be a rough 10night cost for one of these - ignoring current availability?
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

If you look on the Easter 2020 group chat you'll find a lot of information on there of when people booked and flight prices at the time. It's been posted on quite recently, so you should be able to find it on 'forum spy' in the list to the right if you're on a pc/laptop, or on 'new post' in the drop down list on your phone.

And direct flights from Heathrow to Miami with SUV hire cost me £2300 for 2 adults and two teens for the Easter holidays (one week either side of The weekend).
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

So reading the thread directed above, it appears that I could potentially get flights for circa £1500 at best, so say £1500-2000. We would like to stay on site (currently looking at POFQ), so I would guess that would probably be another £3000 based on current prices on hotels.com. If we could fly into MCO for that £1500-2000 then we can catch the DME transfers, so we're looking £4500-5000 for a 10 night trip.

Virgin currently quoting us £5600, thats not actually a million miles away.

Edited at 07:03 PM.