Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Feb 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Me again! Debating the upgrade to beach club

You are all probably sick of my posts about what to do lol! When we booked flights we changed dates and added 3 nights on and now no availability at any mod resorts. In fact hardly anything at all.

Been debating a few options and dvc is my preferred right now however...

I’m also thinking do we bite the bullet and upgrade to beach club? Only issue is there is only water view available.

To upgrade and add the extra nights is an eye watering 3700 but means we keep the dining plan.

Dvc or booking USA site is going to be approx 1000 but then we lose the dining plan and have the hassle of moving the kids and cases. (Not sure how much we would spend on food in the extra 3 nights)

Is beach club, stormalong bay and the location worth it?

I guess if pofq does become available we can pay the 50 quid to reduce down again but if we do nothing we risk nothing being available (it seems to be getting less and less as time goes on)

I’m so sorry to keep on lol! My mum said go big or go home haha

Also is bc easy to get to mk? The cast member said we could walk to Epcot and get the monorail?
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Why don’t you keep you original booking and stay somewhere else for the extra 3 nights? It’s a good way of trying out a different resort or you could stay at a universal hotel or go to the beach for a few days?
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We only want to do Disney as the kids are so young and a bit unsure about the split stay.
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Much easier to get to MK from Beach Club by bus than walking all the way through Epcot and then taking two monorails.

As to whether it’s worth it, it wouldn’t be to me as the cost difference is basically another holiday. But everyone has different budgets and what they are happy to spend extra on
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok I'll work backwards:
Why walk to Epcot when there will be a bus from the Resort? Also it's at least a 20 min walk plus you then have to walk from International Gateway to the front of Epcot to get said Monorail..I take it you have already upgraded the dining plan ? In your shoes I'd stick with POFQ as there are more food options at Disney Springs & if you have to move then OKW or SSR as all have boats to DS & in SSR just walk.
Only you can decide whether the best part of an extra £4k is worth it, for me No! How many days will you spend in Storm-along bay ?
How much would be the whole stay with DVC? Then compare that with Free Dining, I know they always say "save £xxxx" but in reality it's never that amount.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

You guys are right it’s not worth it really is it. I guess worst case is 13 nights pofq and then we move for the last nights (which wasn’t ideal but not the end of the world)
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney will move your cases for you. Look BC is really nice but it's not £4k nicer than POFQ Loss of Dining plan isn't a disaster, if you could get OKW or SSR then you are literally a 20-30 min walk from a load of offsite restaurants or a short Uber/Lyft & half the price of Disney food. I also feel that anywhere in close Proximity to DS can't be underestimated, the Boardwalk is good but IMO it's more "adult" orientated IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I could kick myself as there was a ssr studio but I didn’t book and it went.

I’m looking daily in case something does free up for us
Old 14 Feb 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
I could kick myself as there was a ssr studio but I didn’t book and it went.

I’m looking daily in case something does free up for us
I’ve never been to either but that’s a hell of a lot of money to change to BC 😳 all Disney hotels are nice, save your money for your next visit
Can I just ask Where you check daily, on MDE or Disney site ?
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I just keep checking the Disney site