Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Mar 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Would you ever check the calories..

I was browsing a couple of menus for offsite places. I looked at a restaurant billed as healthy eating for breakfast, the superfood granola and berries was almost 1000 calories! It'd take running a Disney half marathon to burn that off 😁. I guess I've become a lot more conscious of calories lately as have been using MyfitnessPal.
I'm not going to be over strict with myself on holiday and have what I fancy within reason, but I'll probably keep calories in mind when I can.
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes I would. I’m not calorie obsessed by any stretch of the imagination but some of the calories are insane so I would try for pick the better options.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I use the MyFitnessPal too

On holiday I wouldn’t check no.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Most of the off-site restaurants in Orlando have the calorie count on them. They are eye-watering! We did try, put on 2lbs over 3 weeks not too bad.
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I'll go for the meal with the lowest calories if I'm struggling to decide between two. I have changed my breakfast order before when I've seen how many calories are in it - some breakfast meals are really high considering I don't eat breakfast at home.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Nah - when we're on holiday, we're on holiday.

We spent the half-term week in Orlando and I put on 2.5 lbs over the week, despite the fact that I went out for a run each and every day (including the morning of our flight around a Heathrow industrial estate!).

However, much of that would be due to the ridiculous quantities of crisps and similar I smashed my way through each day. How is a man supposed to resist dill pickle Lays and fiery Cheetos?!?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ezukax
Looking for my Ears

For me holidays are like cheat days but i still keep counter of good fats and calories i intake after all breakfast is the most important meal of the day
ezukax is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
CU2016
Getting Excited

We calorie count at home as my BF is on a diet but absolutely not on holiday!
CU2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Nope holiday calories don't count

I will eat what I want and enjoy it yes there will be more treats than usual but I'm capable of deciding for myself and I don't need a number to tell me what I should/ shouldn't eat
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Nope! There's another 50 weeks of the year to be checking calories. I eat whatever I want for the other 2.
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List