Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jun 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

We have 13 weeks until we go (possibly) we have decided to not make any decisions until end of September. We are a little optimistic, we moved this holiday from Easter and we are not sure we’d want to go next year?
I guess we will have to wait and see
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tabbycat
Apprentice Imagineer

Feeling quite low at the moment, I’m still desperate to go. I keep telling myself that 4 months ago was the start of this hell and we do seem to be going in the right direction and that by October things should have continued to improve. Anybody got anything else positive to say? I’d really love to hear it
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
millerj
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by tabbycat View Post
Feeling quite low at the moment, I’m still desperate to go. I keep telling myself that 4 months ago was the start of this hell and we do seem to be going in the right direction and that by October things should have continued to improve. Anybody got anything else positive to say? I’d really love to hear it
4 months ago was the 29th feb and the uk had just has its 20th person diagnosed as positive and look where we are now with pubs re opening this weekend. (And that isn’t dismissing the awful consequences of covid which i have been impacted by personally) 4 months is a long time and lots of things can change.

If we do can and do decide to travel this year then we are doing so with our eyes wide open and I don’t think we should be shamed for doing so.

I am hopeful and excited about planning my October trip knowing what to expect and happy to use this thread for what is was meant for which is positive planning.

I am most looking forward to exploring parts of orlando we have not done so before as usually we are in parks until late, with the parks closing earlier we can see and do different things. On the list so far is mini golf somewhere new, different off site restaurants and a visit to celebration to see the Halloween decorations

What is anyone else hoping to travel planning to do differently as would love some other ideas?
millerj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
minnieliv
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I’m still hopeful for October as it’s still along way off. Also got a plan B to go to Singapore ( have seen that they are possibly on the amber air bridge list ) Surprisingly It has come out way cheaper than Florida and can also sneak in a couple days at their Universal Studios!
minnieliv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tabbycat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by millerj View Post
4 months ago was the 29th feb and the uk had just has its 20th person diagnosed as positive and look where we are now with pubs re opening this weekend. (And that isn’t dismissing the awful consequences of covid which i have been impacted by personally) 4 months is a long time and lots of things can change.

If we do can and do decide to travel this year then we are doing so with our eyes wide open and I don’t think we should be shamed for doing so.

I am hopeful and excited about planning my October trip knowing what to expect and happy to use this thread for what is was meant for which is positive planning.

I am most looking forward to exploring parts of orlando we have not done so before as usually we are in parks until late, with the parks closing earlier we can see and do different things. On the list so far is mini golf somewhere new, different off site restaurants and a visit to celebration to see the Halloween decorations

What is anyone else hoping to travel planning to do differently as would love some other ideas?
Thankyou for the positivity I really appreciate it. I’m just scared they won’t let us travel to the US and I think it’s all the uncertainty that’s getting me down. I’ve accepted the holiday will be different and in some ways I’m looking forward to it being different (apart from having to wear a face mask especially as I’m a nurse and hate wearing them as it is! ) I would love to go to Celebration as we’ve never been but decided we were only doing Disney this time and haven’t hired a car. Any ideas of how to get there without?
Old 30 Jun 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Well, with 1.4 million UK tourists each year, and Trump saying earlier in the month he was eager to open up the border again, i think it's highly likely that in a couple of months provided cases have gone down significantly, they will want to get back the international business.

We're not talking about 'now', but quite a significant time away 🙂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Well, with 1.4 million UK tourists each year, and Trump saying earlier in the month he was eager to open up the border again, i think it's highly likely that in a couple of months provided cases have gone down significantly, they will want to get back the international business.

We're not talking about 'now', but quite a significant time away 🙂
I agree, there will be a lot of diplomatic work going on in July between USA and EU. In 6 weeks time, the middle of August, things will be very different.

People just see now, and are not seeing the bigger picture and the long term.

Its all a big mess right now, especially here in Ireland. On one hand the EU countries are opening up and saying everyone welcome and the airlines and hospitality are trying to rescue their industries. Then on the other hand there is a big push in Irish media to cancel holidays, stay in Ireland this summer. Its crazy to think that tourists will be able to come into Ireland but oh no Irish people stay on the island, you shouldn't travel. The travel shaming is starting already and its not right.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
I agree, there will be a lot of diplomatic work going on in July between USA and EU. In 6 weeks time, the middle of August, things will be very different.

People just see now, and are not seeing the bigger picture and the long term.

Its all a big mess right now, especially here in Ireland. On one hand the EU countries are opening up and saying everyone welcome and the airlines and hospitality are trying to rescue their industries. Then on the other hand there is a big push in Irish media to cancel holidays, stay in Ireland this summer. Its crazy to think that tourists will be able to come into Ireland but oh no Irish people stay on the island, you shouldn't travel. The travel shaming is starting already and its not right.

That's mad isn't it! People protecting local economies i think. A combination of "stay here" at home, and "please come here" from abroad.

When things are safer and we start travelling again, as soon as we start waving around our holiday cash that people have saved during lockdown, i think the notion of 'travel shaming' will quickly be gone.

I would rather just stay at home and continue to save than have a holiday in the UK 🙈 Not very good value for money here!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve been pretty positive for October but the time has come for us to make a decision. Balance due within next week so have called our TA for options. We will now be going October 22.
Sad not to be going this year but with health risks we had to make a judgement.
Florida cases on the rise and peaks beginning to re-emerge here we felt the stress and anxiety of the will we/wont we was no longer good for our sanity.
Hopefully you guys will get to go as planned though.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We're supposed to be flying 13 weeks today and still feeling hopeful that we'll get to go. So much can change between now & then.