Notices

Old 5 Mar 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

The Big Run Disney Trip - Travel Day

So today was the day after nearly a year of planning that Kirsty and I where off to Disney for the week to do all things Disney and take part in the princess half marathon weekend.

Bit of background since there was no pre trippy, kirsty and I first started chatting on here then became Facebook friends and she posted on Facebook asking if anyone wanted to go along with her. I couldn't run and hated exercise but I really wanted to get back to WDW so, I said me and a couple of weeks later we had a holiday booked and I had new scary sports kirsty kicking me into shape!

Luckily we both live in Edinburgh so lots of cocktail nights and planning texts had us with a perfect plan and a mutual understanding that we'd rather be at the airport early than rush about.

We both arrived at 4:30 spot on ready for our first flight of the day to Gatwick. With us both being planners we started mentioning our notes and paper work and simultaneously pulled out our planning folders to discover we had even matched those 😂

We settled down for this short pain free trip to Gatwick, bags where checked all the way through but sadly the more annoying part of Gatwick is redoing security. Anyway with that all done it was time for food and a drink!

I asked for some water as I drink so much water normally so wanted to make sure I got hydrated especially with some 8:30am drinking!

This is what turns up and we realise our attempt to stay hydrated now looks like we are doing shots! I was more concerned when kirsty first response was I naturally have the urge to throw this back (this holiday may be more wild than I was expecting)

The flight went relatively quickly and we settled in with a mountain of snacks and movies. We did think our luck was in as the seat map had shown our back row of 3 seats with a free one but right at the last minute someone joined us.

I decided to catch up on lots of cheesy/kids films that my other half would never watch, with the Ab Fab movie, secret life of pets and trolls.

Truly the saddest piece of broccoli you have ever seen!

Near the end of the flight kirsty had decided it would be a nice time to have a wee face mask that she had brought with her for both of us. This turned out to be a brilliant idea as your skin felt amazing afterwards... unfortunately for other passengers we looked like this...

We were off the plane pretty quickly then headed through to immigration, this was new from the last time I was there and instead of manned booths was just a room of machines to scan your passport and print you out a receipt. We checked our watches from entering and it was under an hour from getting off the plane to picking up our bags, this was brilliant and way quicker than we expected.

This was my first time staying onsite but luckily kirsty is a pro so we headed straight to the magical express and again no queue we were directed down our lane to our bus. Which would take us to our home for the week port Orleans Riverside (royal room because you know princess race).

We got there in pretty good time and again no queue at check in, so it was magic bands on and over to bell services to sort out our garden grocer order.

There was a bit of confusion around our order and getting help with bags so eventually we gave up and decided to just head to the room ourselves and come back later for the grocery order.

Look at the amazing genie lamp taps!

These rooms are fab we also brought some decorations for our window to celebrate the run Disney weekend!

By the time we unpacked a bit and decorated our window we got a call from bell services to say they had found our order and where bringing it round, woohoo things were working out perfectly.

Once that was safely moved into the room we decided to hit the springs to pick up our $200 gift card and maybe have a drink and some food.

We were super lucky with a bus and got there in no time. This was our first time seeing the completed springs and it is amazing I was so impressed as the last time I'd seen it was 2014 where it was just hoarding central. But the new look is fab, so Jocks hanger bar was on our must do drink list for this trip so that's where we headed for a couple of amazing cocktails first!

These cocktails where amazing (oh also my selfie skills do get better as the holiday progressed!), 2 of these each coupled with being awake for 20odd hours and we were giddy.

Obviously the only thing left to do was to pick up a frozen margarita from dockside margaritas and then wander to world of Disney for that gift card.

I think we had a slight moment of realisation when we realised we where in a Disney shop drunk and drinking frozen cocktails not the sort of thing that you can get away with in the local shopping centre!

With us both well and truly hydrated the last thing for it was food, it had to be an EOS! These were brilliant and we sat and enjoyed some more Disney springs atmosphere before getting the boat home!

Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom day and we know we will be wide awake despite
Our very long but fun travel day.

gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I read this yesterday but for some reason it said I didn't have access to comment (..?)

An absolutely fabulous day (I'm laughing hard at the thought of you on the plane with those masks on )

I really enjoyed following you on Facebook so very much loving the trippie details

So... why aren't you coming to DLP?
Old 5 Mar 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by gtyrel10 - 5 Mar 17 7:37 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Looking forward to reading your Trippie as our first runDisney was the Princess 5K a few years ago then stupidly I stopped running and now training again.

Heading to the Dark Side 5K soon and Marathon 10K in the New Year.

Absolutely love that Princess room!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I read this yesterday but for some reason it said I didn't have access to comment (..?)

An absolutely fabulous day (I'm laughing hard at the thought of you on the plane with those masks on )

I really enjoyed following you on Facebook so very much loving the trippie details

So... why aren't you coming to DLP?
Thanks Karen!

I had managed to upload it into the Test Area which won't let people comment, i was trying to move it but failing so just re did it.

So where we, only made worse when we kinda forgot they were cat faces until we caught sight of each other again

My dreadful running ability is the main reason! You'd all be finished and sitting having your dinner by the time i plodded over the finish line
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

I read it yesterday too and wondered why I couldn't comment.

Great start - I really want to do a Disney run so reading with interest.
Old 5 Mar 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Woohoo it's up! Those face masks were just amazing, we looked so sparkly fresh skipping through MCO and onto the Magical Express!

Edit: Just noticed my signature hasn't been updated since I did SW Dark side last year! Such a bad dibber! :angry: Anyone know how i can update it?!

Edited at 09:42 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Fantastic arrival day. x
Old 5 Mar 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
Looking forward to reading your Trippie as our first runDisney was the Princess 5K a few years ago then stupidly I stopped running and now training again.

Heading to the Dark Side 5K soon and Marathon 10K in the New Year.

Absolutely love that Princess room!
Oh that will be fab Kirsty did dark side last year her pics where amazing!

Get yourself down for princess 2018 it was amazing, I'm not a runner at all I'm barely a walker but this was fantastic.
Xx

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
I read it yesterday too and wondered why I couldn't comment.

Great start - I really want to do a Disney run so reading with interest.
Sorry about that, I'm all sorted with the app now so hopefully I won't be causing confusion again.

You should do them they are fantastic not that I doubted Disney just doubted whether fun and run could be put together
Old 5 Mar 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Elsamac View Post
Woohoo it's up! Those face masks were just amazing, we looked so sparkly fresh skipping through MCO and onto the Magical Express!

Edit: Just noticed my signature hasn't been updated since I did SW Dark side last year! Such a bad dibber! :angry: Anyone know how i can update it?!
We did look so fresh I give most of my staying ability for the rest of that day to those masks, even if we did scare children!

If you just click your countdown it should take you to the right place, mine was way out of date!

Otherwise on the right hand side The Dibb menu has it 6th from the bottom. Xx

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Fantastic arrival day. x
Thank you xx