Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 23 Mar 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

End of August 1st draft

Please see below my 1st itinerary draft and I would appreciate any feedback/improvements/changes.
Myself and my eldest son (17) are flying out 1st and we have 3 full days on our own until my wife and youngest son (16) join us. We are stopping at the Blue Tree resort in LBV, and are not driving so will rely on Lynx No 50 bus, Uber and free shuttles.
Tues 21/8 - arrival
Wed 22/8 - tasters in MK and Epcot
Thurs 23/8 - Holywood Studios and Dinsey Springs (for Star Wars virtual experience)
Fri 24/8 - MK Keys to the Kindom tour & rest of family arrives in evening
Sat 25/8 - Animal Kingdom
Sun 26/8 - shopping & rest day
Mon 27th - EpCOT
Tues 28th - MK
Wed 29th - Universal Studios
Thurs 30th - waterpark (probably Typhoon Lagoon)
Fri 31st - IOA
Sat 1/9 - Hollywood Studios
Sun 2/9 - shopping & rest
Mon 3/9 - Sea World
Tues 4 /9 - fly home

Does this sound busy and will we cope with full parks days in succession?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Have you been before? As one day in each of the Disney parks is not really enough, especially if you want to see the evening fireworks.

Do not underestimate the summer heat and humidity as it's so energy sapping and makes it alot harder to stay in the parks all day.

We enjoy visiting the parks from late afternoon through to closing, during the summer, even though it's still hot, you lose the glare of the sun and makes it more manageable.
So I would at least book some FP's and plan to visit a park for the fireworks on your rest or waterpark days.

I would also consider dropping Seaworld for this visit, as you have more than enough things to do with just Disney and Universal tickets, so would save you some money too.

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

I've only ever been in September when it's probably quieter than August, but personally never spent more than a morning at Hollywood Studios (although admittedly with the new Toy Story Land you might spend longer there). We tend to schedule only half a day for HS and put shopping/rest in the afternoon which would free you up another day.

I agree with Mortimer that the heat really saps you, we tend to go early to the parks, leave mid/late afternoon and return to the hotel for a rest and a freshen up, then back to parks etc in the evening for fireworks - or you could use an evening for shopping/rest.

I've also found in the past that Epcot is the most tiring, with the most walking - the showcase is a killer in the heat - so this year we are doing it in two halves. One visit the rides and futureworld, second visit the showcase.

And finally yes I'd agree about dropping Seaworld, it's really gone downhill IMO and would give you another day for universal or MK.

Hope that helps!
350chevy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for feedback. Some valid points worth considering.

We really do want to do SeaWorld, as they appear to have some great coasters and my wife loves the sea creatures.

I do worry about coping with full days in parks, from opening to close and if we are able to make it a full day, as we are not staying on site, so costly to go back to our condo in LBV.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Hi
We were in Florida end of August,early Sep last year. Yes, the heat is a killer and you are more likely to get some heavy rain. We only had a day at Sea World but ended up leaving early as the rain was so relentless!
One thing to know is that the parks close earlier at the times you will be there. Sea World was closing at 6pm and Universal parks shut between 7 and 8 so you will want to be up and out to maximise your days. You can check the times for this year on the park calendar.
If you swap between indoor and outdoor attractions,drink plentry of water and grab a sit down when you can, you will be fine. Have a great holiday
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldlovers
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by GEJ2 View Post
Thanks for feedback. Some valid points worth considering.

We really do want to do SeaWorld, as they appear to have some great coasters and my wife loves the sea creatures.

I do worry about coping with full days in parks, from opening to close and if we are able to make it a full day, as we are not staying on site, so costly to go back to our condo in LBV.
Seaworld is almost like a rest day as you have all the shows and some of the best rides in Orlando consider the all day dining if you are there all day
Seaworldlovers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don't underestimate how long it will take you to get around using the Lynx bus, it's dreadfully slow.

Also, as others have said, try and plan for early starts and late evenings and take some down time during the middle of the day when it is hottest.

Your itinerary looks very similar to us, in terms of which parks each day though.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List