Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 21 Apr 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisajd
Getting to know the DIBB

Realistic itinerary!

Hi

We are visiting WDW end of October '18 for 2 weeks staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our 180 day ADR is looming and i am finding it is all so overwhelming trying to decide on the best plan. Anyway it got me wondering how much we can realistically cram into our two weeks. Thankfully we have discovery cove booked in the middle of the 2 weeks for a chill. How many shows, shopping days, pool days does everyone normally aim for?

Thanks in advance
Lisa
Lisajd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pantaloons
slightly serious Dibber

Depending on party size, you can cram as much, or as little as you want.

Last Sept, our Itinerary was packed full, from 7am to 11pm for a full fortnight. We quickly found 2 days in 1. It wasnt possible, and 2. It wasnt necessary.
September was traditionally quieter, and we never had to queue longer than 10minutes for any ride. Granted we were lucky to get 2 x FOP Fast Passes and talked our way into a 3rd.

We much preferred to take a more relaxed approach, but granted we had a lot of flexibility in a party of 2, skipping planned shows to go for evening drinks, cancelling a FP as it wasnt needed and going for a swim midday.

I think its important to arrive with a plan, and change after a few days as your needs suit. It doesnt have to be rigidly stuck to, but its good to have a rough idea.

Remember, its a holiday, not a military drill. Enjoy yourself.
Pantaloons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lisajd View Post
Hi

We are visiting WDW end of October '18 for 2 weeks staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our 180 day ADR is looming and i am finding it is all so overwhelming trying to decide on the best plan. Anyway it got me wondering how much we can realistically cram into our two weeks. Thankfully we have discovery cove booked in the middle of the 2 weeks for a chill. How many shows, shopping days, pool days does everyone normally aim for?

Thanks in advance
Lisa
No shows, no shopping days, no pool days.

I would do a water park day though and I always try and fit a spa morning or afternoon is as my R&R.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Mobile

So im out the same time as you and lst year the weather wasnt ideal for waterpark days, so always try have ‘just in case’ fastpasses and adrs booked on those planned days for ‘just in case’!
Old 25 May 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Lisa, We went in April for 2 weeks (me, DH and DDs aged 8 and 5). We basically went with an every other day sort of thing but on our 'rest days' we'd book things like mickeys backyard bbq, discovery cove or a character meal / experience without doing the parks so we had something everyday still. We also found that we'd either do an early start at the park until around 4 ish or start around 2 pm and stay for the fireworks just to balance things out. I do have cranky kids if they don't get at least 10 hours though! x
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymb
Earning More Ears

I've found that for us, what works best is to plan early starts for the first week, and late nights for the second. Rather than shows, our late nights tend to be Jellyrolls, Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, MNSSHP and Halloween Horror Nights! (We travel in Sep/Oct usually).

If there were days where we had an early start and a late night then we would usually plan a midday break back at the pool.

We also plan so we have two park days and then a rest day, where a rest day is a water park day, pool day, hotel hopping, Sunday brunch etc.

As has been mentioned, we do book fastpasses for our rest days, usually early afternoon, in case we don't want the rest and decide to head out to a park! Sometimes we might book dinner in a park restaurant on a rest day and plan to watch some fireworks.

We don't really plan out shopping days as we're not big shoppers, but will usually head to Disney Springs either pre- or post- park on several days.

As two adults though, our plans are always very flexible and we often change things up when we're there depending on what we feel like doing.
disneymb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List