Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Apr 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

2014 late report-Day 5-Animal Kingdom

Day 5-Friday 10th October 2014
Today we did our normal routine of breakfast and onto a shuttle, but because of our late night we decided to jump on the 10am shuttle this morning.
We were still feeling pretty chilled and our plan was to go to Animal Kingdom. So we got off our shuttle at Epcot and hopped straight onto a bus to AK.
We were through the gates at 10:40 so a pretty quick turnaround from the hotel to there!

We first went to It's tough to be a bug. I thought it was really cool but a lot of children didn't seem to think the same there was lots if crying and screaming at all the effects!

It was really warm again, and from the Dibb I had read how AK retains the heat which seemed to be true as it was very hot and humid.

So we made our way over to Kali River Rapids as our Fastpasses weren't live until later on. We ended up queuing for about 40 minutes in the end and it felt like forever. This ride seemed really unfair queue wise as we watched the ride operator let through 30 FP+ people in a row! We were quite miffed as the normal queue was quite long already!

The ride was fine but I think we were quite hot and bothered unfortunately.
After the ride Arron grabbed a Jalapeno pretzel, which was mega nice and definitely filled a snack shaped hole. We went straight from our snacking over to our first FP+ on Expedition Everest.

Everest was much more of a real rollercoaster than expected and was super fun and fast. I think the theming is beautiful too, with all the flags and backpacks etc.

From Everest we wandered over to Africa for the Lion King show. We really appreciated the respite from the heat in the theatre. The show was so good, energetic and well put together. I especially loved the animatronic Simba as he was so fluffy!

I had been wanting to try Yak and Yeti and as we were off to the safari we ate there. We ordered sweet and sour chicken and a portion of chicken rice with a beer. Not realising the chicken came WITH rice! It was all delicious and again nice to sit and chill.

So from here we went to Kilimanjaro safari for our FP+, we saw most of the animals including lions, elephants and hippos.

I thought they all looked happy in their environment which is always a concern with animals in captivity as such.

I nipped to get a frozen lemonade as we looked into the gift shops...paper straws are annoying!
We liked AK but it wasn't so much on Arron's radar and it was so hot too. So we left around 4:30pm.
We had plans to hit I-Drive tonight so we got our shuttle and were at the hotel at 5:50 with our Mears taxi booked at 7:10pm.

We decided to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse tonight. I went to order drinks at the bar while we waited for a table, it took 25 MINUTES to order and pay fir 2 drinks as the barmaid was too busy having a chat and wandering off, so frustrating By the time we got the drinks our table had been called!
I had ordered a Jack Daniels honey Blackberry Lemonade and a Blackberry Firefly tea.

Both drinks were really good luckily 'worth the wait I suppose

We shared the Wild West shrimp to start.

The shrimp were spicy and massive!

Afterwards Arron had the 11oz ribeye with a loaded jacket and I had the 7oz flat iron with mash.

All the food was excellent and I plumped for a dessert so we got the Apple Goldrush.

What a mistake...it was too much food and I felt so full and waddling when we left!
We went left and had a walk.

Then went to play Pirate Golf and I won We loved the course as there were water sections and different levels, it was quite busy too.

We had an issue afterwards, there was NO WIFI and when trying to call a taxi Arron couldn't be heard and my phone wouldn't connect
We managed to walk down to Ripleys and get on their WiFi, but for a little while we were concerned we might be stuck!

Straight to bed from there.

Edited at 08:22 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh wow, how good does dinner look!? The mash looks like cream!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh wow, how good does dinner look!? The mash looks like cream!
It was a really good meal, I actually suggested it for our upcoming trip while writing this day up
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List