Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Jun 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Wonderful first day, I love the exterior of IASW , and Cartland looks amazing, we will get there ourselves one day! Looking forward to reading along!
I definitely recommend a visit if you can ever make it happen... I was expecting to love it but was really blown away but just how much it stole my heart!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Incredible first day, I'm so glad you fell for Disneyland & DCA, it's a long way to go to not be blown away by the parks isn't it?

You managed to get a lot done really, such a shame you had to miss some rides but you still got some good ones in.

Those swinging gondolas! OMG, we did them in 2014, had to act brave as there was a 5 year old riding & giggling her head off!

Can't wait to read more
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Incredible first day, I'm so glad you fell for Disneyland & DCA, it's a long way to go to not be blown away by the parks isn't it?

You managed to get a lot done really, such a shame you had to miss some rides but you still got some good ones in.

Those swinging gondolas! OMG, we did them in 2014, had to act brave as there was a 5 year old riding & giggling her head off!

Can't wait to read more
Haha imagine if we got all the way there and hated it?!

Wow you are brave even attempting them! I was watching the little kids on them with awe... seriously, they have no fear!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A brilliant first Disney day.
Old 19 Jun 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A brilliant first Disney day.
Thank you so much, it was the perfect way to start the trip!
Old 23 Jun 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Ah what an amazing day you packed so much in!
You were very brave to even contemplate going on the big wheel, spinning version or not. I think I would have hyperventilated at the top!
I love your jumper, I found that I actually preferred quite a lot of the men's clothing to the ladies when in Florida 😳
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ah what an amazing day you packed so much in!
You were very brave to even contemplate going on the big wheel, spinning version or not. I think I would have hyperventilated at the top!
I love your jumper, I found that I actually preferred quite a lot of the men's clothing to the ladies when in Florida 😳
Haha trust me once we had it to the top I was seriously questioning our decision!

I totally agree, the range of men's jumpers were so much nicer! I love the one I bought, I'm a little sad it's been so hot since we have been home as I haven't been able to wear it since!
Old 24 Jun 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Your hotel location looks great - so handy to be able to walk to the parks and have a break mid afternoon.

I think I commented on your IG post at the time but I cant believe how tiny the castle is.

Did you have a plan of which order to do the park or just go with the flow? Cars Land looks fab but that Fun Wheel looks anything but fun to me!

I love your jumper.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Your hotel location looks great - so handy to be able to walk to the parks and have a break mid afternoon.

I think I commented on your IG post at the time but I cant believe how tiny the castle is.

Did you have a plan of which order to do the park or just go with the flow? Cars Land looks fab but that Fun Wheel looks anything but fun to me!

I love your jumper.
The hotel was the perfect location, we were so pleased we chose this one (and since being back a couple of Dibbers have booked the same hotel for their trips which is great!)

Ah that teeny tiny castle, small but perfectly formed! I chuckle thinking about people who see this one and then visit WDW... the castle in MK would feel HUGE in comparison!

Other than knowing we wanted to start in Disneyland park we didn't have a plan of action at all, we just went with the flow really! I am glad we had tickets that allowed us to park hop as I'm not sure I would want to do one park per day, it was nice to be able to mix and match!
Old 9 Jul 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

A great Read Lisa, I am taking it all in and trying to remember everything ready for our family trip next March/April. It's funny but I never thought the big wheel attraction would be scary, I thought it would be very smooth! I think we will have to go with the outer gondolas, not the swinging ones as I know my 11 year old will be terrified! Sorry you couldn't ride all the rides, a great reason to return in the future as a family. Hope your pregnancy is going well and can't wait to read more.
Nicky X
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List