Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Sep 17, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Shall we, sharn't we, oh for goodness sake book it! Day 3

Once again I'm awake in the small wee hours for about an hour or so but thankfully I do doze off again till about 4.50 at which point I'm done with sleep! Richard is also awake, this 8 hr time difference is a killer this time, I'm not usually this bad!

We breakfast in the room again today, cornflakes for Richard and a cookie for me, I'm on holiday! We discover I've made a Rookie mistake with the milk I bought, I just picked up red top which is skimmed at home, it's definitely not skimmed here! It's like drinking cream, it's ok on cornflakes but not drinkable on it's own that's for sure!

We're meeting Jane and Chris at 9.30 but we're early so we wander over to the MGM to check out the restaurants we can use our room credit at. There are several and they're not ridiculously expensive either. Starbucks and off to the north Premium Outlets today. Once you get past the Stratesphere it all starts to get a little seedy looking, lots of construction going on as well.

We split up at the outlets as we want different shops, Jane wants Saks, we want Pandora, Bose and Ugg, this is a budget holiday, remember! It's really quiet here but I expect it will be heaving by the weekend.

My personal opinion is that these outlets are way better than the South ones!

I resist in Pandora - budget holiday! We do buy a Bluetooth speaker in Bose but opt for the factory refurbished one as it's cheaper and has the same warranty - budget holiday! I go into Ugg, lots I like and pretty good prices too, but again I resist.

We meet Jane and Chris and as soon as I mention Ugg Jane wants to go, she didn't realise there was one! We park the guys at Dairy Queen and trot off to Ugg. Well what can I say?! We talk each other into buying a pair! Actually pretty good value even with the rubbish exchange rate. 20% off the already reduced prices, see I'm trying very hard to justify my boots!

Cheesecake Factory have a restaurant up here so we go for lunch. Jane and Chris are going to Cirque de Soliel tonight and off to the Grand Canyon in the morning so we won't see them till Saturday now. Richard has a mushroom and cheese burger, I have a spicy chicken burger, our bill with 2 beers and a Coke was $50. Richard asks the server if they sell the beer glasses with 'Cheesecake Factory' on them, she says no, washes one out and gives it to him, she's earns her 20% tip!

Pool time, we smuggle Jane and Chris into our pool complex, theirs is soooo crazy! 2 beers and a Pina Colada (I'm so 80's) are purchased, we charge it to our room to use up some of our credit, I think it was $37 including tip!😳

After saying goodbye to Jane and Chris we relax a bit and then showers etc and we wander over to the MGM and out onto the Strip, it's just getting dark and it's so busy out here. I'm not sure I can work out why nearly every person walks along with a beer in their hand, I like to sit and have a drink, not my idea of fun trying not to spill it on myself!

We head back inside and have a go on the slots. We choose a 1c a go machine, last of the big spenders! Although it's not really 1c a go because you can only bet a minimum of 30 lines which is 30c! Richard wins $20 with his dollar that he gambled so we cash out and walk away!

We head to a restaurant in the MGM called Hecho En Vegas, Mexican for tea! Richard has a Taco salad and I have Quesadillas which are a starter, we also have some chips and salsa, all is lovely with excellent service too. The bill is $53.

Back to the room, TV and bed with a hot chocolate, were so rock 'n' roll! TTFN

Edited at 01:27 AM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another relaxing day! Like the Ugg boots!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You did well in Pandora to resist. Food looks lovely
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You were doing well resisting...I love the uggs, I have them in chestnut I would like the grey now I've seen yours.😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

You were doing so well on the shopping front... those Ugg boots are gorgeous though. Let me know what you think of the Bose speaker, I have one on my list for next time!

That food looked delicious and how lovely to get the glass, very impressed.
Angela xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Love the Ugg boots...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by pretty71 View Post
You were doing so well on the shopping front... those Ugg boots are gorgeous though. Let me know what you think of the Bose speaker, I have one on my list for next time!

That food looked delicious and how lovely to get the glass, very impressed.
Angela xx
Richard loves his little speaker! It has a really good sound especially considering it's so small!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Sounds a lovely day.

We're staying on the North end of the strip, so glad to hear the Outlets are better at this end. I did just have to check on a map where our hotel was in relation to the Stratosphere though - didn't fancy staying in a seedy area. Luckily we're not that far north though.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 03:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Live your Uggs. Well done for resisting elsewhere though.
Old 14 Oct 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice shopping and relaxing day

Joan