Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Feb 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

xxSmileyKyliexx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
:) **Smiley Kylie Goes Solo Nov 2017- Day 3- Hollywood Studios & Monorail Bar Crawl**

>>> INDEX HERE

Friday 3rd November 2017

My day began at 6:45am when I eventually decided to get up. The plan today was to get to Hollywood Studios for extra magic hours, leave after lunch to go back to pop and then head out in the evening for the monorail bar crawl with my dibb friends. I’d had an interrupted sleep in the night waking up at 3am and then again at 5. I found myself laying in bed on social media or checking what the weather would be like as I struggled to settle back down. By the time I was settled and sleeping well, the dreaded alarm went off. Meh, I hate alarms, even in Florida!

I got up, showered and dressed and was ready and leaving at 8:15am. Before I left I made sure to smother myself in sun lotion. Usually I go to Florida with a spray tan so don’t usually bother with lotion as I hated it rubbing my tan off. Now I’d come to Florida with my pasty freckled ginger skin so if I didn’t want to look like a lobster then lotion was required! This was a time consuming task, I have a lot of body to cover and it was just stressing me out feeling all greasy after having a shower. I couldn’t reach my back and being on my own I had limited resources to help me. I did think about knocking on next door, or just grabbing a passer by, would probably be frowned upon though. So I came up with a genius idea which I now call the ‘brush and door’ technique ha! Basically, I squirted a load onto the back of my brush (this sounds wrong) and then rubbed it onto the areas on my back which I could reach and then finally rubbed my bare naked back against the bathroom door to ensure the lotion was absorbed into my skin properly. You probably all have a very pretty image of me doing this right now Anyway, so sun lotion drama over I was on my way.

There was a bus waiting luckily and no mobility scooters, bonus! I was sat near the front of the bus and was ease dropping on the drivers conversation with someone else. He was saying that he started working at Walt Disney World the 2nd day it opened and that he’s stayed ever since. When thinking about it he must have been quite old, or he was just lying. The bus was soon pulling up at Hollywood Studios and I was soon walking up Hollywood Boulevard looking at that beautiful Chinese theatre. The Christmas decorations were up too which was a nice surprise.

I’m always grateful that the big blue hat is gone when I walk up here, at the time I loved it as I knew no different, but now it looks so much better without it. More open and spacious. I took the opportunity to have some photos taken as it was relatively quiet at the moment.

I didn’t really know where to start today! Hollywood Studios has always been one of them parks where I don’t know what to do and the order to do them in and then I end up walking from one end to the other 20 times whilst getting lost in between. I just have no idea where everything is and especially now with all the construction about, I was like a lost puppy. I did however know that I needed to get some food in my belly. I always find that breakfast options at Hollywood Studios are quite limited. So I headed to the only place I could think of which was The Trolley Car Café otherwise known as Starbucks. There was a big queue but I was in no rush to be anywhere so happily waited. I felt the pressure of what to have when the queue was moving and eventually chose a sausage, egg and cheese muffin type thing with a chocolate milk. I requested to the cashier that this be charged to my room account (as I felt like it was a massive waste of a quick service credit!) However I was informed that it wasn’t allowing it to be charged to my room so I had to use a QS credit which really pi**ed me off I made a mental note to stop off at the hotel reception later on to sort out my room account. I mooched across to where the Starring Rolls Cafe used to be to eat.

Starring rolls would have been my first choice for brekkie here usually, I used to have yummy pastries there, so was disappointed to hear when it had closed. It was nice that all the seating area with parasols were still available though. There were a family of 4 sat near me who I just sat and watched like a right weirdo. There was mum, dad and twin boys who must have been about 2. I found them entertaining, one was really crying and not a happy bunny at all whilst the other one was quiet as a mouse lovin life. I was thinking it must be such hard work with young kids going to Disney! Especially with the double stroller which they had. One of them fell off the chair and hit the ground pretty hard, poor thing, he was screaming! Poor me. Whilst screaming from his traumatising fall his brother was sat giggling and saying ‘hiya’, it made me laugh to myself.

I scoffed down brekkie, it wasn’t the best if I’m honest, I actually found the sausage a bit spicy! But then I find popcorn chicken at kfc spicy. To anyone else it would probably taste like a normal sausage. I sat and people watched for a while. My itinerary told me I should be heading to the single rider queue for rock n rollercoaster now, but I wasn’t really feeling it today. I’d gotten into the park for extra magic hours and hadn’t made the most of it at all. I was not loving being on my own today. Hence why I just sat at that table for ages waiting for my tower of terror fast pass time. I’d noticed in the park that they were doing some Christmas recording today so there were areas which were roped off, more cast members around and guests being re directed other ways. I headed towards tower of terror.

It was posted as a 90 minute wait already! Surely not, I thought to myself. I love this ride but I don’t think I’d queue 90 minutes for it! I always have that excited nervous feeling going on this, it felt so strange to be doing it alone and having nobody to share that excitement with. I was on the ride within 10 minutes and sat in the 2nd row next to a dad with his 2 boys. Check out this photo, I look like such a babe. #20chins

The ride was as fun as always, I was holding on for dear life. This however is nothing compared to Falcon’s Fury at Busch gardens, I literally nearly shat my granny pants on that I didn’t really know what to do next, my toy story mania fast pass wasn’t until 10:15am so I kind of just slowly headed in that direction. I could see crowds of people queuing up by the main Star Wars stage as if a parade was about to begin. I had no idea what was happening but joined in. Turns out we were waiting for the March of the first order. Before coming to Florida, I’d said to myself that I would watch every Star Wars movie to get a better understanding of all the Star Wars stuff in Hollywood Studios. I managed to watch maybe the first 3 films and I just wasn’t really enjoying it. I didn’t have a clue what was going on half the time. So here I was waiting to watch the March of the first order not having a clue what it was. I did feel excited though, there was music on and nothing happening, everyone was looking around, looking out for something to happen in anticipation. Then from the other end of Hollywood Boulevard I saw some silver storm trooper (don’t know the actual name!) come marching round the corner with the white stormtroopers behind. They were marching to the beat of the music, it was actually very exciting.

They marched up to the centre stage and did some sort of demonstration, I was so clueless but intrigued at the same time.

This finished so I continued towards the toy story area, first stopping for photopass pics.

The theming around Pixar studios has to be my favourite. I always spend time just looking around at anything I may have missed over the years.

The standby line was only showing a 35 minute wait for toy story which I thought was really good, I remember previous visits it being like 2 hours long! I scanned my magic band and was soon heading straight through the queue. Such amazing theming in here too!

When the cast member asked how many there were in my party I felt so sad I was missing having someone with me, usually we’d guess which toy story character was going to be on the side of our ride and we’d be starting to get competitive with each other. It wasn’t so fun on your own! Nobody was sat next to me either so I was Billy no mates on one of my favourite rides. Brilliant. I still enjoyed it but it’s not the same riding on your own and having no score to beat.

After this, I headed to voyage of the little mermaid which I always enjoy. Again it felt different being on my own, I missed hearing Carley singing next to me and us both laughing when Ursula says ‘bodyyy language’. There were some ignorant morons in here taking flash photos, being loud, you know the normal kind. I don’t understand how people can be so inconsiderate and show no respect for those around them, winds me up. I didn’t know what to do next so had a wander around one mans dream reading about Walt’s history, I always find it interesting in here.

I then went to explore the Star Wars launch bay, even though I have no clue about any of it. I didn’t find it particularly interesting. I took a massive 2 photos to prove I was there

I was feeling lonely and lost today. Completely different to yesterday! I have no idea why, but I was struggling to make a plan in my head of what to do. Usually I’d discuss with Carley and we’d have a plan of action and make decisions together. But I just couldn’t snap out of it today. I headed into the frozen singalong show as it was just about to start and I didn’t know what else to do! I sat at the back and sang along quietly to myself. It was actually quite good and the actors really make it funny and more adult like.

My one measly photo ha!

After here I decided to just head back to the hotel. I was feeling anxious and just wanted to chill out without stressing about what to do next. I had a sci-fi dine in lunch reservation booked for today which I was gutted to bail on, but I don’t think I would have even enjoyed the experience from the mood I was in. It’s such a shame when I get like that, usually I’m a bubbly fun character so for me to be wanting to leave the park I must have been feeling really rubbish. I was impressed with the Christmas tree and decorations on the lake, I’m sure it’s never been like that from previous trips.

I quickly stopped for another photo, check out my fake smile.

It must have been around midday when I left the park, so many people were coming in and here I was heading out already! So disappointed in myself, I was a not so smiley Kylie. I ran for the bus and there was only 2 others on there!

I remembered to stop at reception to see what was going on with my room account. I was informed that there was no card on file so charges to my room were not set up! Megan the girl who had checked me in really was useless. I had 2 pre-paid cards lucky really as the system would not accept my Revolut card so I had to use my Caxton one. God knows why the Revolut one wasn’t working! I headed back to my room to chill for a while, had a little cry and gave my head a wobble. I decided that I would explore the resort a little, grab some lunch at the food court and have some pool time. I left the room just after 1pm. I loved that I was in the 70’s section where the big football table was and Mickey Mouse. Oliver my nephew would love the football table.

It was suddenly looking really overcast and those clouds were dark! It was bloody hot though even without the sun. I took a slow pace around the resort taking photos as I went.

I had a look in the resort shop and decided to buy some random cookies (which turned out to taste amazing!) and some cough sweets, which I charged to my room account to make sure it worked, and it did, yay Instead of having lunch at the Pop food court I walked over to the art of animation resort. It didn’t take long at all, it’s just straight across the bridge. I could see the construction for the gondola thing which Disney has planned. Still not sure what I think about this idea yet.

I loved walking through this resort, me and Carley stayed here in 2014 and the memories came flooding back. Even walking into the food court and remembering the smells. This food court was so much better and more upscale than Pops one. They had metal cutlery and proper china plates! The choice was more varied too and I loved the dessert selection. The cast member didn’t have a problem with me swapping a drink for a dessert. I told her that over at Pop they didn’t allow it which she seemed surprised by. This is my massive lunch!

I messaged my friend Lewis when I was in here, he was so jealous when I showed him my lunch. He had stayed here a few months ago and was feeling those Disney blues. Lunch was delicious, it was just a standard pizza but Disney pizza always tastes better. I felt a lot more relaxed now. I was enjoying just taking things at a leisurely pace and not worrying about the stresses of what to do in the parks. I bought a few things from the resort shop and then headed back over to Pop.

Plans to go in the pool were ditched, the sun had mostly gone in now and it was still looking overcast so I just spent some time back in my room watching titanic haha!

Shop purchases.

I received a message from Stacey to meet her at 5:45pm. I was so looking forward to meeting the others and spending time and having conversation with actual human beings. Julie-Anne had planned which bars to visit in which order and I was mega excited to finally do the monorail bar crawl we’d all talked about. I put my music on, which always makes me happy, had a shower washed my hair and made myself look presentable for the evening. I actually put make up on which felt weird! My straighteners for some reason were not heating up properly, even though they are dual voltage ones and have worked fine on previous visits! My hair is naturally massive and curly. Think Monika from friends when she goes to Barbados, my hair gets bigger in the heat. So trying to straighten it was time consuming and painful.

I was feeling like a different person from earlier, mood was lifted, felt more positive and happy to be spending the evening with friends. I left and met Stacey as planned outside, she looked gorgeous We chatted about our days whilst waiting for our Uber. My stupid Uber app wasn’t working properly so Stacey kindly booked and paid for it and I bought her a cocktail later on. We figured that getting an Uber would be a lot easier than fannying around on the buses. It was so hot too, I was already feeling uncomfortable with my make up on, felt like it was melting off. And I wore a playsuit which kept riding up my foo giving me a lovely looking camel toe, I was instantly regretting my choice of outfit. Uber matey arrived, I think it was a bloke, I can’t remember and we were soon pulling up at the Polynesian Resort. This place is so gorgeous, if I ever win the lottery this would be my ideal place to stay.

Whilst we were stood taking photos Julie-Anne and Vicki arrived. They were so lovely and both greeted me with massive cuddles, I felt so loved already! Human contact is a magical thing! They both looked lovely too. We headed inside and up to the Tambu Lounge. I’d been in here before but only to sit and wait for an ‘Ohana reservation. The plan was to have a drink and some nibbles in here.

This place is stunning, I could see the pool out of the window, looked lush! We found some seats and were soon looking at the menus. Not that I needed to look, I already knew that I wanted the Lapu-Lapu cocktail and the famous ‘Ohana bread pudding which I’ve heard so much about. Stacey joined me with the Lapu-Lapu and I can’t remember what JA and Vicki had. I think JA had some smokey bourbon drink maybe? (Could have been in a different bar) And I know she was disappointed that it didn’t taste as nice as before when she’d had it.

We ordered our food, a mixture of bread puddings and Pulled pork nachos. Whilst waiting we sat, relaxed and chatted about our holidays so far, lesbians, our jobs, Vicki’s addiction to shopping etc. It was quite small in this lounge, the bar area was tiny, so people waiting to be called into ‘Ohana were sat around us making it feel a little like our space was invaded. There was a family opposite us that kept staring, although they could have been listening to our random conversations ha! Soon, the food arrived, and my god there was a lot of it!

I wasn’t having any of the nachos as I don’t like pulled pork so the others had them. Stace had ordered herself the nachos without realising how massive the portion was! I could not wait to try the bread pudding and it did not disappoint!

It was better than imagined. It came with ice cream and a side of banana foster sauce to pour over the top. When all together it tasted like heaven! It was so so rich though, I didn’t finish it all. The others enjoyed their ‘snacks’ too, but we had so much food leftover, America’s portion sizes are enough for a few people, no wonder most of them are massive and require mobility scooters! We settled the bill and then headed onto our next destination which was Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand Floridian. A stop later on the monorail (my first monorail of the trip ) we were walking into the Grand Floridian.

Such a beautiful resort. Listening to the band play and remembering the smells of the lobby bought back memories of previous visits. We asked some bloke to take a pic of us all which he kindly did.

I’ve got such a round meathead. JA wanted to crop half of her body out of this pic ha!

We found our way to the lounge.

It was such a relaxing atmosphere in here, I noticed a lot of older people, me and Stace must have been the youngest in here. We could hear the band playing Disney songs which was really lovely. It felt really posh in here too, Miss common over here fitted right in ha!

I chose to have the ‘Grand Cosmopolitan’ to drink. I love a good Cosmo, and it makes me feel like Carrie Bradshaw It was strong though! Literally half way through it I felt slightly tipsy! I’m such a light weight anyway, cheap date! We were bought round some little snack things which I remember being spicy! It felt so nice to be around friends. We continued to chat and get to know each other, I felt like I had known these ladies for ages! It didn’t feel awkward or uncomfortable ever, I was thanking them and telling them how loved I felt and how happy I was. I really needed it as well, I was much brighter in mood, engaging with others (that sounds like the reports I write at work ha!) and was genuinely having the best time.

Once we settled the bill here it was time for a toilet stop. Much to Julie-Anne’s disgust she walked into the toilet and found that some dirty minger had left a used sanitary towel in there. I suppose you get these types where ever you are, even somewhere as nice as the Grand Floridian. Ew. We stood, listened to the band and people watched for a while and then headed back to the monorail.

We arrived at the Contemporary Resort and headed to the Outer Rim bar.

This was quite a small place as well, I’m not sure what I was expecting but it was nice. It was next door to chef mickeys which was still open with the last remaining guests in. I ordered the Pina Colava cocktail and ordered Stacey the magical star cocktail as she’d paid for the Uber. My cocktail was so nice! It didn’t even taste alcoholic, it was more like a milkshake, nom. Stacey’s drink was so pretty! I know she’s kept the glow cube too. I’ve kept mine from years ago and it still works!

The last drinks call was at 10pm which we thought was really early! It didn’t matter too much as we had already ordered our drinks and wouldn’t be having anymore. We all felt so relaxed in here and we were flagging. Being up early makes it such a long day, with alcohol too and the heat, I could have fallen asleep right there and then. We finished our drinks and then headed to the resort shop for a nosey. They did some lovely merchandise in here, different to the norm as well. Either Vicki or JA bought some xmas decorations, I can’t remember who! Probs Vicki as she has a shopping addiction ha! We headed down to the main entrance and Stacey booked another Uber for us as it was late and we weren’t sure if the buses were still running, plus neither of us would have been bothered to walk over to the bus stops anyway! We said our goodbyes to the others and headed back to our resorts in our Ubers. Our Uber driver was lovely and he was chatty. We spoke about football and he said he would be visiting Liverpool soon. I said for him to wrap up warm and when saying goodbye I said it in my best scouse accent, he must have thought I was a right mental case.

I’m not sure what time we got back, must have been after 1am. I said goodbye to Stacey and headed back to my room. Was so nice that we stayed at the same resort, made it easier when we had days planned together! My room looked like a bomb had hit it, always does when I get ready to go out! So I spent some time tidying. Some new people must have checked in to the room next door, they were so loud! I literally could hear every word they were saying! Good job I wear ear plugs to bed. I went to bed feeling really happy and content. My lonely rubbish start to the day had ended fantastically

xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The monorail crawl sounds fun and you all looked like you were enjoying yourselves in the photos. A shame you felt a bit lonely in the morning at HS, but at least you ended the day happy.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Mobile

Hahahaaaa did we really talk about lesbians? I don't remember that lol.
Those nachos were huge! So much wasted food.
So glad you enjoyed the night after your struggle during the day. Lots more fun to come.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

If its any consolation, I had the same problem with cards. My Post Office one wouldnt scan, but the Caxton one flew through. You seemed to handle it a lot better than me. I went doolalley !
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

glad your day turned out so well in the end. I think I would have had a mini breakdown if they told me my card wouldn't work though xx
Tangled88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

You didn’t crop! Aaarrrggghhh! 😳😳😳

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

Trip Report - December 2010
Food Report - November 2013
Florida Road Trip - November 2015
disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving your trip report. So well written & entertaining.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Another great day Kylie, keep them coming!

Sharon xx

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

A great ending to a bit of a rubbish start, sorry you felt a bit off today. Lovely that your DIBB friends cheered you up so much though, sounds like a fab night! Drinks and food look yummy xx

Edited at 09:36 PM.
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

xxSmileyKyliexx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The monorail crawl sounds fun and you all looked like you were enjoying yourselves in the photos. A shame you felt a bit lonely in the morning at HS, but at least you ended the day happy.
It was such fun! I really needed it and was so grateful to have met these ladies
Originally Posted by stace&tink View Post
Hahahaaaa did we really talk about lesbians? I don't remember that lol.
Those nachos were huge! So much wasted food.
So glad you enjoyed the night after your struggle during the day. Lots more fun to come.
I know I thought that, I have lesbians written in my notes 😂 yess lots more fun xx
Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
If its any consolation, I had the same problem with cards. My Post Office one wouldnt scan, but the Caxton one flew through. You seemed to handle it a lot better than me. I went doolalley !
I would have been the same if my Caxton hadn’t of worked! So strange!
Originally Posted by Tangled88 View Post
glad your day turned out so well in the end. I think I would have had a mini breakdown if they told me my card wouldn't work though xx
Yeah it was much needed! If I didn’t have my Caxton I think I would have let rip! Xx
Originally Posted by disneydaft70 View Post
You didn’t crop! Aaarrrggghhh! 😳😳😳
😂 it doesn’t need cropping silly, you are beautiful ❤️
Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
Loving your trip report. So well written & entertaining.
Aw I’m glad you are loving it! I wrote how I speak so find it quite easy 🤪
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Another great day Kylie, keep them coming!

Sharon xx
Thanks Sharon 😘
Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
A great ending to a bit of a rubbish start, sorry you felt a bit off today. Lovely that your DIBB friends cheered you up so much though, sounds like a fab night! Drinks and food look yummy xx
It was such a lovely evening, Disney cocktails are nom! Thank you for reading along xx
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List