Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 10 Mar 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

Universal and AMI

Day 1 - Start of the holiday, get to the airport, train from the North East to Heathrow T2, and taxi/bus/walk, haven't worked that out yet to Travelodge on Bath Road.

Day 2 - Fly at 1035 LHR with Virgin to Detroit, 1 hr 35 layover, before flying onto Tampa, not much time to swap over, but all that I have read and asked about Detroit, seems like it will be ok! Arrive in Tampa at 6.15pm, collect car from Avis, booked a Ford Edge with Avios Points, and drive down to Orlando. I've booked one night in the Rosen Inn Orlando Pointe, we'll stop for food as and when we want it i think.

Day 3 - Up early and check in at HRH, grab our room keys/fast passes and head into the Park for the morning, grab Cinnabon for breakfast , probably laze by the pool in the afternoon and back to park in the evening before grabbing some a bite to eat on City Walk.

Day 4 - Park Day, pool, Park, Eat

Day 5 - Repeat!

Day 6 - Repeat

Universal Pre-booked bits so far and bits to do:-

* 3 nights at HRH, and 4 days to do the parks, but at our leisure, so don't know if we will/won't do the water park?!

* Bought my Landry Card, specifically because we will definitely eat at Bubba Gumps once so it will pay itself back then alone.

* Haven't decided on Universal Tickets yet, just because I don't know if we will do the water park.

* Would it be cheaper to park for the duration at Rosen Inn and grab a shuttle to Universal?! Just a thought...

* Have planned on not doing Disney at all, but will it draw us in, at least for a day!?!?

Day 7 - Head out early to Kennedy Space Centre for the day, before driving back across country to AMI, where I've booked a house with a pool towards the North of the Island. We don't plan on doing much apart from chill, and explore AMI, eat, drink and enjoy the sunshine!

Day 8 - Eat, sleep, explore AMI

Day 9 - Watch dolphins, manatees, book a boat trip

Day 10 - Shop

Day 11 - All of the above, might try and get a round of golf in!?

Day 12 - dunno

Day 13 - Head off to Tampa, late morning for a 3pm flight home, this time via JFK

Nearly all done, just waiting for 12 weeks out to book the train tickets...
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Hi there, well all I can say is snap! Doing virtually the same trip with add ons.

Flying into MCO and staying 1 night at Rosen, International drive then onto HRH for 3 nights, followed by 5 nights at Sunrise Garden Resort AMI, 3 nights Islamorada and a final 3 nights at Kay West then flying Key West - Atlanta - Heathrow.

We head out 8th May when does yours start?

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

Mobile

20th Aug, I’d have loved to add few more days but the kids go back to school a few days after we get home!

I’m thinking Key West next time ;-)
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wensleydale6 View Post
20th Aug, I’d have loved to add few more days but the kids go back to school a few days after we get home!

I’m thinking Key West next time ;-)
Key a West is amazing but you need to leave the kids at home 😉 We love Islamorada too

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List