Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Apr 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

The Magic Cure: Day 8 MK

23rd August
MK

J thought it was EMH so set the alarm for 6am. It was not EMH ! For anyone who has read our previous reports, you'll know this is not the first time we've made this mistake and there was a time we hung around outside AK with nothing open for an hour! Luckily, this was not one of those times and we realised before we left, so we caught up On trip notes and I painted my nails. As we left we noticed this cute little gecko on the door.

After our leisurely morning, we were at the bus stop for 7:15, the bus only arrived at 7:35 and got to MK for 8am. Most of the travelling time from SSR is spent picking up from the resort, especially if you are at the first bus stop, still we are always guaranteed a place on the bus and a seat - even if we do usually give it up to a child, or other adult more needy than we are.

Bag check done we wandered through the shops and traded lots of pins, we were on our way to completing this year's hidden Mickey sets.

Once the park opened we rode Buzz twice and HM followed by BTM, we also traded for 2 door pins we needed...today was a good pin trading day.

Our bellies were rumbling, so we used the mobile ordering to get an early lunch from Cosmic Rays. We often try to eat around 11ish and then at 3ish, the restaurants aren't so busy at these times and there's plenty to snack on between meals if we need it as I'm sure you've read already. Our order consisted of 2 bacon cheese burger meals, extra plastic cheese on the side and 2 drinks $35.77. We loaded up our burgers at the toppings bar.

After lunch we had a FP for 7DMT and I shopped for a new Dooney bag. I wasn't sure if I wanted the Pirates one or the princess key. I opted for the princess key, although DH has since spoiled me and I have the Pirates one too.

We checked our mobile ordering as we'd lost connection when placing our food order and we had been charged twice, so we headed over to Guest Services where they issued us with a refund on gift card.

We had a FP for Space next, so we hopped over and rode that mountain.

It was our last FP, so while we queued we booked a Pirates FP. As we exited Space, I noticed a coffee stand which sold s'mores coffee, after missing out at Universal, I ordered one, but it was not a patch on Starbucks, the coffee was quite weak. Lesson learnt, I don't think I like Joffery's.

We also spotted a pin we had been after for 3 years, but it was traded off the board by the girl in front of us; can't believe we missed out! The hunt for Happy goes on...

Over to Pirates for our FP and we had our own row, sometimes they squish you in with strangers like they do on the Safari ride and it's not comfortable; you spend half the time apologising as the boat rocks. I had forgotten again this ride takes a pic, so here I am telling John that skeleton head is new! You've already guessed what we did in the queue, check the app and there was a FP opening up just after the parade, so we nabbed that.

We hadn't planned on seeing the parade today, but ended up in a decent spot near Splash, so we watched it.

Then walked with the final float as we made our way to Buzz. We both got great scores on Buzz, but neither of us maxed out. It's that hand in the first room which makes or breaks my score.

We'd booked a FP for Philharmagic and made our way over there for a sit down. An route we stopped for an Odewalla Lemonade with wildberry foam and J had a root beer. Our drinks came to $8.60 and were lovely and refreshing.

As we scanned our magic bands going into Philharmagic we checked the app for more FP, another Buzz was opening up so we could get straight there and ride that after the show. It was on this ride we both achieved 999,999. Hurray.

Although we could've gone on again with another FP, other FPs were starting to look a little sparse, so now was the time to book more selectively. There was one for BTM, in just over an hour, so we nabbed that. While we waited we shared a pepper cheese pretzel and full fat coke; I think we needed the sugar which is quite unlike us. The preztel was lovely but the sit down was even better!

There was a storm closing in so we went on the people mover to avoid the fat raindrops. Luckily it stopped just as we got off. It was still quite murky looking, so we headed into the CoP; you'll be surprised to note this was a walk on .

We laughed about the time we got stuck in the 40s.

Singing joyfully as we left about a "great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day" we meandered around the park collecting pics.

There was still lightning in the area, so some of the rides were shut, meaning it felt a little busier than it had before. We walked through the shop on Main Street pin trading, by the time we had finished we only had 1 pin left to find; ironically, it was Lucky the Dalmatian. The pin trading irony is not lost on us, we needed Lucky and the dwarf we've been hunting for years is Happy !

We were a bit peckish, so had a hotdog at Casey's, J had a plain one and I had mac'n'cheese. We ordered extra fries and a drink for $32.11. I remember Casey's being better, does anyone else think it's gone a downhill or is it just us?

As if that wasn't enough food, we shared a Cheshire Cat tail for dessert; I forgot to note the price though .

As we walked towards BTM, we realised we had sinned in the House of Mouse as we had not yet had a dole whip float...I know I had the dole whip rum drink at AK, but it's a law to have one in MK, isn't it? We bought one to share as we were quite full be at least we could be absolved of our sins. It was delicious.

As we waited for the last few mins before our FP opened, we got a notification from MDE to say that due to lightening we could not ride BTM so our FP opened for any ride we wanted. Unfortunately, everyone had been getting these all afternoon for any outdoor attraction, so FP queues were huge. Instead we decided to get a spot for the fireworks at the bottom of Main Street. The hub was quite busy though and we were physically shoved more than once, we decided it was not the best day for us to see HEA for the first time - I was already disappointed by Wishes going, so didn't want an excuse to hate it - instead we opted for an early night.

Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Wow, love that MK castle at night shot, absolutely beautiful
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hurrah! You were back on form with the Buzz ride, I always seem to get a faulty gun when I'm on those rides!

Shame you missed out on the pin, keep on looking.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I love that you pin trade , how do you decide which you want/need . My youngest loves His pins so has difficulty parting with them lol, so we buy more than we trade.
Caseys was dire in Nov . Really salty and rank. Don’t ever remember a hot dog tasting that bad.
I still have to research how you get 9999999 on buzz .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

We got pin-obsessed during our trip to DLP and I'm googling all these ones you mention - love the doors series!

That castle photo is just lovely.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

A lovely MK day
Old 9 Apr 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Great photos as always. You're really making the most of fast passes too, very organised and efficient. Really enjoying your trip report with particular respect for the amount of food you're trying!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
Wow, love that MK castle at night shot, absolutely beautiful
I know, it's one of my faves. I think we took it from the bridge, but the lighting is just perfect.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hurrah! You were back on form with the Buzz ride, I always seem to get a faulty gun when I'm on those rides!

Shame you missed out on the pin, keep on looking.
Don't worry we get Lucky #spoiler...still no Happy and the dwarves are few and far between now as they were a 2014 hidden set. Still it'll be great when we get him, I've got faith

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I love that you pin trade , how do you decide which you want/need . My youngest loves His pins so has difficulty parting with them lol, so we buy more than we trade.
Caseys was dire in Nov . Really salty and rank. Don’t ever remember a hot dog tasting that bad.
I still have to research how you get 9999999 on buzz .
DH has printed the hidden series sets and we cross them off as we get them. This is this year's...

He also picks a set from the hidden bags which gives us traders when we have duplicates, that was the door series; in the past we've done: dogs and cats, storm trooper heads and hats. We have quite a collection now. The hidden bags might work for your son as he'll probably trade duplicates

Sad to hear Casey's hadn't improved I'm note sure if we'll go this year

The secret for me on Buzz is the hand over the door in the first room, the volcano in the second and Zurg in the battery room. I bet DH has more he hasn't told me about though

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
We got pin-obsessed during our trip to DLP and I'm googling all these ones you mention - love the doors series!

That castle photo is just lovely.
We've been a bit pin crazy for a number of years, the alphabet hooked us on the hidden Mickey series, getting M for Mickey on our last day was fab - I had to chase a CM though . I'll put us some pics in the coming days as we complete the collection. Do you collect the hidden Mickey ones?

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
A lovely MK day
Thanks, we had a great day

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Great photos as always. You're really making the most of fast passes too, very organised and efficient. Really enjoying your trip report with particular respect for the amount of food you're trying!
Thank you. We've found the key to FP is make them early and check what's coming up in the next hour once you've used them.

We definitely love our food in fact, the diet we're on now is so we can eat lots again this year...watch this space
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day well done on your scores on buzz

Joan
Old 9 Apr 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day well done on your scores on buzz

Joan
Thanks, Joan hope we can do it again this trip