Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Apr 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

The Magic Cure: Day 10 A rest day? MK, DS and lots of cocktails!

25th August
MK and DS

We were up nice a early, arriving at the bus stop for MK at 7am. This morning was EMH at MK and we had plans to got to DS, so every minute mattered in terms of getting on rides. One thing I love about staying on property is mornings waiting for the buses, the lovely warm air, the excited chatter of people planning their day; bliss . Our bus arrived at 7:16 so we had time to soak the atmosphere. It was quite a long journey as the resort is big. It's not really our cup of tea such a large resort, pre DVC we loved POFQ but I know others love SSR so it's just a personal taste thing - we would stay here again if it was only option with our points. We only arrived at MK at 7:45. There was quite a long line through security - looking forward to BLT this year as the line for security from the Contemporary is short - and I get extra time in bed .

Security checks done and dusted and we were in the park at 8:05. There was a brief nod to disaster as Buzz was closed and as we arrived at Space Mountain the queue time went from 5 mins to 55 mins . Looks like our morning of getting lots of rides done was not to be. Never mind, we we're in the happiest place on Earth and loving every minute. We took in the atmosphere and # wasted a bit of time getting breakfast to set us up for the day. Ham and cheese pretzels from Gaston's were purchased along with with a LeFeu's brew $25. Delicious.

Then Buzz opened just as we arrived back in Tomorrowland so we rode twice. I didn't write who won, so it was obviously me - I'm not one to rub JTs face in victory.

Our FP for Space had opened up so we rode that straight after.

Then went on the Ariel ride which was a walk on and used our BTM FP, then on to Pirates. We were even at the front on BTM, which was good fun, but not as good as the back row.

Our last FP was for Splash but I hate getting wet in my clothes plus it was supposed to be our last ride before DS and the dark clouds circled wee changed our FP to Buzz - indoor fun, just in case. While we waited for the FP to open up, we explored the park taking some pics and venturing up the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House - we always think this will be gone next time we come, but it never is, there are some great views from up there though, so it's worth doing. We also rode the people mover and J had an ice cream and I had a strawberry lemonade freeze for $11.

On Buzz we both maxed out again.

As we exited the park we saw them filming and ad for Halloween - how smart does the Goofster look in his costume? We also managed a photopass as the clouds had kindly - albeit briefly - cleared.

We headed back to SSR so we could walk over to DS. We were hopping off Congress Park rather than our own stop so we could do this. It's definitely the easiest way to get to the Springs from the parks before buses start. There was another family on the bus who were unsure about where they were going so we showed them the way to Disney Springs chatting with them as we went.

Our first stop was Blaze where we ordered a pizza each with two drinks $26. I always load mine up to the max, but J is more selective with his toppings.

Lunch was followed by a wander through the shops. There was a Disney Artist, Greg McCulloch, there showing his pictures and signing them. We bought a picture for us and one for our baby niece for her first birthday. We also stopped at the pin shop for J where he purchased a Haunted Mansion pack followed by some candy from Goofy's.

We decided a little rest was in order and walked back to the hotel, for those who have read our report so far, this is how we do rest days .On our way out I purchased interchangeable Minnie bow ears from d-living. They wee quite expensive, but fab as you can wear the bows on their own or on the band. I bought a Malificent bow to wear at MNSSHP.

After a little sleep, we went back to Springs - SSR's proximity to DS is a definite plus. We bused it there this time though as the weather was murkier and we didn't want to get caught in the rain.

First we headed to the Coca-Cola store where I bought a jumper and we had a Coca-Cola premium cocktail flight and a coke free style drink for $25 (not inclusive of the jumper, but I remember it was in the sale and was cheap).

While we we there the storm that had been threatening us blew in big time! Luckily we were under the cover having just moved as it was getting gusty. However, this guy who pushing a pram was nearly knocked out by a sign blowing over! He was fine though, but it was a close call. We sat sipping our drinks and under the shelter it was quite pleasant to watch the rain.

Following this we looked in the Hollywood Planet shop and J took this photo.

There is a bit of a story behind it, as a few years ago we went to DLRP with some friends for J's 30th. Him and Jimmy disappeared and were gone ages. When they returned they had a camera full of silly photos, including one like the above. We took this and sent it to our friends as a reminder. I think we needed a bit of food after those cocktails, by the way, one of them had the Beverly in it and it was the best one - turns our Beverly is a good mixer for cocktails . We opted for some poutine from The Daily Poutine, I had the mushroom and J had the cheese burger version $19. It was absolutely lovely and I can't wait to eat it again on this trip. The cocktails were obviously going to my head and I kept "demonstrating" to J how my ears worked

J was full, but really wanted to try something from BB Wolfes, so he just got a pretzel with beer cheese, which was lovely. We neglected to write the price, but I think it was around $8.

We decided we wanted to do a monorail cocktail crawl, so headed to the Poly from Disney Springs. Although we only made it to one cocktail venue due to poor timing on our part - the idea was to end up at TOTWL to watch the fireworks, but we took too long at the Poly.

We went to Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace where I had Hippopotomiatai in a souvie glass and J had a Krakatowa also in a souvie glass. With tip it was $53 . Just typing this I've realised we spent almost as much on cocktails than food today...oops .

We called an uber $10 and headed back to SSR stopping to watch a mahoosive frog on the path (the pic doesn't do him justice - he was the size of a fist).

Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
very nice glass
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

What a busy "rest day". Great photos
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great day 😊
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
very nice glass
Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
What a busy "rest day". Great photos
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Great day 😊
Thanks all for reading. DisneyLiz, I don't think we know what at rest day is
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
Thanks all for reading. DisneyLiz, I don't think we know what at rest day is
its when you cant feel any pain in your feet or legs
Old 10 Apr 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a fab day. The walk from SSR to Disney springs seems like a nice little stroll. I think it was the perfect rest day...You had a nap in the middle! What more do you need? The cocktails all sound yummy.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a fab day. The walk from SSR to Disney springs seems like a nice little stroll. I think it was the perfect rest day...You had a nap in the middle! What more do you need? The cocktails all sound yummy.
DH, is this you in disguise?

It was a nice rest day, we're up early most days anyway, so that's not a huge chore, and you're right, a nap is a rest. Cocktails were fab
Old 10 Apr 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
its when you cant feel any pain in your feet or legs
Ah, not until we're home then
Old 10 Apr 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We don’t do rest days either , taking your shoes off for 10 mins constitutes rest lol.
$53 for 2 drinks , you need your bumps feeling lol. Did they blow your socks off?
I love blaze , it’s one of the best value places at ds now.
Gaston’s is on my list yet again but I’m never hungry when we get there and the bun is enormous. Sounds like a perfect day to me.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List