Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Apr 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
40ontour
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile Change plans much once arrived?

Hello. First post and first Disney holiday. Firstly thank you for all the information I've gained from this site it's very helpful. Planning to go in May 2019. Staying at AKL with my family ... OH, DD 8yrs and DS 6yrs. Also going with another family of 4 kids as ages 5 & 2.
I've not yet made my intinery and will start planning soon but wondering how much you can adjust the itinerary once you are there. I'm worried we book restaurants and fast passes but when it gets to the day we want to do something else! I doubt it as I like to plan ahead but with a group plans may need to be adjusted. Advice please. TIA Liz
Old 17 Apr 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovedisney123
Trying for More Ears

Last time we went was the first time I did a plan. I planned which park each day, adr’s or roughly where we would eat (in park or villa) and fast passes for when at Disney. Our plans didn’t change too much, but I was always conscious of being flexible. They tended to change a bit more towards the end of the holiday, when we went back to favourites. I think how much they change depends on how detailed they are (more likely to change I think if heavily detailed!) and if you have been before therefore it’s likely to be more realistic - you’ll know much Park time your family can handle (full days or part days), how many less hectic days you’ll need etc... I wouldn’t want a plan so rigid I couldn’t change it, especially as weather might play a part eg storms on a water park day!
Lovedisney123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

You can cancel ADRs up to 11.59pm the day before your table is booked, so if you fancy something different and can get an ADR for somewhere you'd prefer then you can do this with no financial penalty. You can also cancel FastPasses and book others, if available. So there is some degree of flexibility if you want to change your plans.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have a plan with booked ADR’s and fastpasses. However, we also changed plans when we were there, cancelled reservations and fastpasses and booked different ones.
You are limited to what is available but it is possible.
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Last year we made a fair few dining changes while we were there, there was also a bit of moving fast passes around for the easier to get ones. Of course being hit by Irma made us have to make more changes than normal in order to get everything done
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Has anyone booked 2 ADR's eg Tusker say for 10.30Am and 4pm as I can't decide until I do fastpasses what time I want?
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Has anyone booked 2 ADR's eg Tusker say for 10.30Am and 4pm as I can't decide until I do fastpasses what time I want?
I am sure that somebody sometime has done that yes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 40ontour View Post
Hello. First post and first Disney holiday. Firstly thank you for all the information I've gained from this site it's very helpful. Planning to go in May 2019. Staying at AKL with my family ... OH, DD 8yrs and DS 6yrs. Also going with another family of 4 kids as ages 5 & 2.
I've not yet made my intinery and will start planning soon but wondering how much you can adjust the itinerary once you are there. I'm worried we book restaurants and fast passes but when it gets to the day we want to do something else! I doubt it as I like to plan ahead but with a group plans may need to be adjusted. Advice please. TIA Liz
I changed probably a majority of my ADRs! However I probably retained a majority of the FPs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List