Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Apr 18, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Decade of Disney Dreaming - 2017- Day 11 - Selfies around the World and kebab lad!

Welcome back and thank you for your continued reading- really appreciated as are the questions you send by PM and the new like button that is a new addition to The Dibb.
Appreciate any feedback, and have to admit that it is what keeps this whole thing going- I do not do facebook or twitter ( Despite someone having my Dibb name on Twitter( )
What you read and see, is what you get with every day I post on The Dibb - nothing more.

If you missed Our Yesterday - it is a click here away.

The whole index is available here too - a fun filled four week family fiesta ( OK too much alliteration but youngest DS has SATs in a couple of weeks!)

Welcome to DAY 11

Sunday 6th August

The Pre- booked plan

Epcot

Spaceship Earth
11:50 AM - 12:50 PM
Frozen Ever After
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM .
Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM

A silent morning and one when we were all awake before nine, yet most of us( that would be 3/4 of us) with the thought of a bit of a bit of a football fest- having listened to Orlando city via streaming last night we were up to watch the Charity /Community Shield- worthless game but the near start of the football season. Arsenal won on Penalties which will probably give them that false hope it will be their season. ( These words were typed in August 2017 - no need for a crystal ball though!)

I would love to say we watched, but we really didn't - it was on in the background as we just enjoyed the pool and the sunshine, it was a warm one already today.

Today was our World Showcase Sunday.

We had just one intention and that was to just go and explore.

What happened next, kind of started something that only a teenager can dream of!

Selfie World- and it was his idea!
Have to admit the boys have endured a drinking around the World day - so a day with the car meant for a different tilt - Josh had it totally in hand!

An awareness that if I leave the camera in the villa we can get in and out of parks much more quickly, has resulted in phones being used for far too many pics – today they came into their own.

We had instantly sacked off the first FP of the day and made our start at International Gateway with a Photopass pic to kick it all off.

It was so warm today you could feel the heat coming back off the floor at you, there was no breeze and untypically in Florida there was no sign of an afternoon cloud cover arriving soon.

We were just in time for the first showing of American Adventure and had no Voices of Liberty show as they did not begin until later. The aircon was already welcomed though!

Now I have to admit the darkness in this show, on a big park day, can often bring on a very useful 40 winks moment – not today though -It is so easy to miss the whole of this and possibly many reading will give it a miss, I love the historical part of this and just how proud Americans are at their beginnings and their true adventure in Independence. If you are reading this and have never seen it – I would urge you to, even for the 40 winks!

Our Journey around World Showcase continued

We did have a stop in Germany just to share a Grapefruit Beer – these taste so good , especially on a hot day. We also were having our phones met with texts from friends who were in the airport hotel ready to start their own Disney adventure, was so good sharing their excitement as we were having such a different and chilled out day.
A drummer who was missing his home Drum kit, just could not resist this outpost moment!

We only just made our allotted FP time for Frozen but we enjoyed it

We let it go and then headed to Mexico but not before a brilliant photo with Donald Duck.

It really summed today up and just absorbed the fun we were all enjoying as a family – we were obviously annoying family at home as we kept sending the photos via Whatsapp to share our day.

We took the opportunity to ride the Grand Fiesta Tour and with the characters at the ending of this ride you sensed it had had a little bit of TLC this year – have to admit a couple of the scenes had a nod towards the new Pixar Film Coco , time for another rebrand I think ( not! )

We visited every country and also took a picture at Showcase Plaza,

It was so tempting to go and ride Test Track via single rider or indeed to head to Soarin’.

Today was not about that, it was just about us a family, having fun and just enjoying being with each other, World Showcase allows for just losing yourself in the holiday and we had loved the afternoon of just having a laugh and forgetting everything.

We stopped off for a Rose and Crown ending to the day and then took the boys to Beaches and Cream for an Ice Cream.

One lesson learned from last year – this really was one ice cream worth paying for.

Told you it was a warm one today

We headed back to the villa via Western Way – with all the building at the toll plaza at MK, I was interested to see how much had changed in this area as it will be a new route into MK eventually.
The answer was not much, but we took another road that now borders Orange Lake Resort, in fact the road looked upon the unit we stayed in away back in 2002.
The golf hole there was well used by my StepDad and I, especially when the course was closed over Christmas. It seemed such a strange flash back but always one that is good to have memories of, in the 10 years since his death this was a time that we all knew he was well and his cancer fight started a year later.

It was a time when we had no children and one in which I should have turned around and said I hate all of this stuff – could have saved a fortune!

Now, that Orange Grove has a road and it will possibly become another alternative route to avoid the 192 in years to come. Today just got a whole lot better, we were able to tell the boys again about our very first Disney holiday and had it never happened I am certain none of the past decade of our Disney dreams have become reality.

I was lost in my thoughts as I drove, the 3 hour drive from the airport in 2002 and the 30 minute one in 2008 when my Mum came with us – I told her that they had built an airport closer to Orlando to avoid such a long drive. Her initial driving direction sense in 2002 was you just turn right at the Walgreens – little did she know they were on nigh on every street corner.

We got back to the Villa with just one thought

OK and a few beers too

Tonight was another pool fest- so much so there is not even a note as to what we ate, I’m sure we did.

The whole excitement and fun we experienced today is possibly best shared in a video of Joe – no idea from which part of his mind it arrived, but it was so funny.

He has never even had a kebab!
It is 100% Joe

As the day drew to a close, sleep was incoming for ¾ of us. We had had such a giggle today and the heat had been so intense that sleep was instant.

I had work that was needing attention and night time was possibly the best time to deal with it, never good to do on holiday but it was needing sorting and before Monday morning!

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy the rest of the trip report.

Day 12 just needs a click here to read

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 11:49 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for sharing 😁
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Love all the selfies! Well done Josh!

Seems like a relaxing fun filled family day.

Did Kebab Joe get his tan?
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds like such a fun day, really getting to enjoy world showcase. Loved all the selfies.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love the selfies, looks like you had a great day. Thanks for posting.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Great day! Oooooh i might have to nick that selfie idea Love all your smiles

I'm determined to watch The Voices of Liberty show this year, some of my party will opt for the 40 winks instead

Pic of the day is definitely the Donald selfie

Old 22 Apr 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some lovely family selfies glad you had such a great family day

Joan
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I really love the American Adventure but even I succumbed to a nap one day last year, they are very comfy chairs! When I’m not asleep I do find it a fantastic show, it also makes me emotional seeing the pride American’s have for their country.

Oh gosh I can’t even imagine 113 degrees, and World Showcase is probably the toughest place for that heat. I salute you!

Like a kebab
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow 113 degrees! Another lovely read. It's clear to see that you're having a wonderful time. I love strolling round Epcot. We had a day there where we pretty much just went to the kidcot stations and had a closer look at the pavilions. I worried a little that my kids would be bored without lots of rides but they (and we) loved it- the duffy bears were a huge hit. Very relaxing... and a great meal at Nine dragons. Happy days!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looks like a really fun day, loving all the selfies

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List