Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Apr 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

10th Anniversary Day 10 A Walk Through the Jungle and a Night of Games

Matt still wasn’t feeling well this morning and as BG is his least favourite park he elected to stay at the villa. We thought we had left plenty of time but again there were delays on the I4, this time due to an accident.

We got to the car lot for park opening and for a minute nearly paid for car parking, forgetting that we have free parking with our tickets. We decided to walk instead of waiting for the tram and Darren and Alix set off at a brisk walk. I wasn’t impressed with the entry organisation as there were more bag check lines than entry lines open which meant that the lines were merging and nobody knew where to stand. Eventually I was walking into the park, 20 minutes later. I then spent a very enjoyable couple of hours admiring the animals. Previously I have often taken the train around the park but since joining a 1000 mile walking challenge I prefer to walk, to boost my miles.

The young gorillas were having fun play fighting but the older one didn’t look too happy. I just managed to miss the lion feeding but saw the hyenas come out to find birthday treats as it was the birthday of the 2 year old. I spent time watching the penguins, deer, birds, giraffes, zebras, meerkats, tortoises, elephants and tigers.

As I strolled in the glorious sunshine I also admired the beautiful scenery.

I really enjoyed my walk through the jungle but it got really hot as I walked back so I treated myself to a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich, to cool myself down, which worked nicely. When I met up with Darren and Alix they were very disappointed that they had only managed 3 rides. They didn’t want to stay longer and didn’t want to buy quick queue tickets so we headed back.

When we got to the car we had left my flask which I bought from AK with some Sprite in and it was a treat to come back to as it was ice cold. As we had left Matt at the villa we decided not to stop for lunch. There was another delay due to another accident and then we saw a tire fly from a truck and hit the car in front of us. I thought the car was going to turn over as it skidded but they must have all been ok as nobody stopped.

Back at the villa Matt still wasn’t well and had just got up at 1.00pm. To make matters worse he had dropped and broken the screen of his brand new iPhone. We were cross with him as we had all told him to buy a case for it but he had refused.

We spent the afternoon relaxing in the villa (kids) and around the pool (Darren and I). At one point my eyes started stinging really bad and I had to go inside and put a cold compress over them.

Once the sun went down Matt came out to play some games in the pool as his head was a little better, but not his throat. It was a beautiful evening. Alix was supposed to join us but she had fallen asleep.

Matt managed to eat a sandwich but was later sick so I guess he’s not better yet. All 4 of us finished the night playing cards on the balcony, which Alix was very pleased to win.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh poor Matt, being ill on holiday is an absolute nightmare.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

I know put a dampener on things for a couple of days but could have been worse 😁.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a shame about Matt, it's horrid being ill away from home. I hope the rest of you didn't catch it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

We didn’t think we had but since coming hone I’ve been prescribed antibiotics for a sinus infection so not sure if they were connected.