Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Apr 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisajd
Getting to know the DIBB

Mickeys not so scary halloween party.

I am contemplating booking MNSSHW. There are 3 available dates while we are at WDW and as these are during halloween itself i'm thinking its a no brainer but it is pricey and we have already purchased our park tickets so is it worth it? Any advice would be great thank you.

Lisajd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

We've never been before, but after reading many positive comments on here, we've weakened and booked to go on our next trip. It does suck that MNSSHP tickets include entry to the park that we're already paying for in our park tickets, but I guess people who don't have tickets to MK benefit from this. When you consider the price of MK admission for a day, I guess we're already saving on 7,14 or 21 day tickets.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisajd
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
We've never been before, but after reading many positive comments on here, we've weakened and booked to go on our next trip. It does suck that MNSSHP tickets include entry to the park that we're already paying for in our park tickets, but I guess people who don't have tickets to MK benefit from this. When you consider the price of MK admission for a day, I guess we're already saving on 7,14 or 21 day tickets.

That’s a good point. Don’t feel so hard done by now he he. Did you book direct with Disney?
Lisajd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisajd View Post
That’s a good point. Don’t feel so hard done by now he he. Did you book direct with Disney?
No. I was impatient and booked with ATD as they put tickets up for sale a couple of days early, then took them down again until Disney released theirs. I managed to buy mine before they did this, thinking the price would be better than Disney...it wasn't. Hey ho. Live n learn.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have booked too for the beginning of October this will be our only visit to MK not the boys favourite park but we have persuaded them it will be good fun 😊😊
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

I am a big fan of MNSSHP,

We have only visited early in the party's run so its fairly quiet compared to a normal day at the park (I assume not the case as you get close to Halloween and the crowds rocket.)

My 4 year old loved the trick or treat stations, while we all really enjoyed Hallowishes and the Boo to You parade (which now that Spectromagic has gone is in my opinion by far the best parade Disney put on.)

There are also lots of rare characters out to meet (although even in September the queues got a bit manic for some of them.)

In all I think its worth it, but only as an occasional visit. I certainly wouldn't do it on every trip (we did the party in 2014 and again in 2017 and that felt a good gap.)
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Mizzy
Excited about Disney

We haven't been before but have booked to go. I was a little put off by the price but it is likely to be the only time we go at Halloween and Fall is our favourite season so as with everything where Disney is concerned, we thought sod it, life is short lets just book.

I hope you have an amazing time if you do book.x
Raddisson Resort Parkway - April 2005 & June 2006
Disneyland Paris - 2003, 2004, 2007
Princess Mizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We love MNSSHP and have been 3 times now! We will be booking again for next year too It's a completely different atmosphere in the park and it's so much fun. We go in September so I think the party's are a bit quieter than closer to Halloween itself.

There are rare characters to meet, trick or treating (we always come away with a huge amount of candy) and the parade is brilliant.

Last year for the first time we dressed up and that was an extra layer of fun!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I've booked to go, I've been before with my mum and we loved it. Always said I would take my own kids to it and this year I am lucky enough to We are all dressing up to add to it and its the only park visit we are doing so cannot wait

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Yes, definitely go!

I’ve been 4 times now - 2 times each of my recent Halloween trips! The first 2 times (in 2016) were amazing and I had so much fun trick or treating, seeing the parade, and the fireworks. The 3rd time (which was last year) was a washout - it rained, things got a bit disorganised, no one knew if/when the parade and fireworks were happening. Read on here and another forum that Disney had been offering refunds/return tickets for that particular party, so stopped by at City Hall the next day and the CM gave me and my friends complimentary return tickets for another MNSSHP - so went back for a 4th time and had a great time again!

Trick or treating in particular is incredibly fun and I ended up with an insane amount of candy...