Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Feb 10, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

I love PF Changs their GF menu is
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 10, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nettie View Post
Ruby Tuesdays, Carrabas and PF Changs also have GF menus.
Fantastic, I'll see if I can get hold of some menus.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 10, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
update Gluten Free Products in Disney Parks

I was hoping to get some Disney info up here for everyone but unfortunately my dining contact has asked me not to post the information for various reasons

However, if anyone has a question on where they can buy a specific gluten free item in a specific park please post on this thread and I will try and help you (I do have the list of information but just cannot post the complete list).

One update though, Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom no longer stocks gluten free pizzas.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 10, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
One update though, Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom no longer stocks gluten free pizzas.
Thats a shame, 3 weeks ago they did my DD a lovely gluten and dairy free pizza and a cookie for pudding!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 10, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I'm very disappointed too

The list they sent me yesterday now only shows flame tree BBQ and the cs in dinoland as the only 2 cs options in ak - when I called to query I was advised these are new changes, let's hope these new changes don't last long, when I go in may I'm still going to go there and see.
Old 20 Feb 10, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Clare thanks so much for the post.
I have an intolerance/allergy to some gluten but am not coeliac.
I never know if I can eat 'normal' bread/food items or not SO I stay away from them when I'm abroad and eat gluten free or 'spelt' if I can.
Last year, I lived off chicken, fish, streak and salad at Disney and tended to use buffet restaurants so as i could monitor my gluten intake.
Your post is invaluable to me as i had no idea i could pre-order GF meals. When I asked Guest Services at Epcot about GF meals, they could only refer me to Peco Bills in MK or a diner in Epcot (cannot recall name ) BUT when I ordered a burger there, it took 40 mins to prepare because of the bread roll!
Needless to say i didnt go back cos the rest of my party's food was stone cold by the time it arrived so we had to get them to re-heat it all!

I did have a good experience at the Rainforest cafe,AK and Boma,AK. They really took time out to show me what was on offer and the rainforest chef cooked something especially for me which tasted delicious!

Keep the Info coming and it is soooo helpful and will help me plan for my forthcoming trip.

DO you know if Mamma Melrose-Fantasmic Package have any GF choices?

regards

Lesley

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 10, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Lesley, glad this post has helped

I'm sorry you had a special issue, that can happen but thankfully quite rare.

All full service restaurants will customise something for you, so yes you'll be fine at Mama Melrose Disney Special Diets are now recommending those of us with 'special needs' contact the restaurant a couple of days beforehand to discuss the menu, but also make sure you have your gluten allergy noted on your ADR.

I have been sent a further list of counter service locations and their full gluten free offerings if you would like me to email you - just pm me if you would.
Old 20 Feb 10, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
update Update re. Pizzafari

Good news for those of us who like the gluten free pizzas - I have today been advised that Pizzafari is still serving gluten free pizza, it was apparently a change in brand of pizza (i.e. part of the standardisation process previously advised) not the removal
Old 1 Mar 10, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I have just returned from Orlando and as a coeliac diagnosed a year ago, I can recommend the following:- Raglan Road, Rainforest Cafe, T Rex - Chef came to the table on all 3 to discuss what I could have, Bubba Gumps had a good choice, Outback Steakhouse, knew all about it, Olive Garden had a basic menu, Chevy's chef came out but the restaurant which was the best was Pizza Fusion (sand lake road) that not only could I have any pizza off the menu (with Gluten free base they made) but chocolate brownie as well and their food is organic. Only down side was Applebees that could offer me basic chicken or fish with white rice so I didn't bother staying.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry forgot to add for a special treat the Cheesecake factory do a gluten free Godiva Cheesecake which is gorgeous but be warned quite expensive!
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets