Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Dec 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Beach Club concerns?

We have booked our “dream holiday” for next June staying for two weeks at the Beach Club, and I’m becoming increasingly concerned about the amount of negative reports I’ve been reading about the resort.

We have wanted to stay at this resort for years, we normally stay at Port Orleans Riverside, but as it’s my 50th birthday next year and our first trip to WDW as just a couple we have stretched ourselves to the Beach Club but I’m worried that it’s going to be a disaster and we should just go back to Riverside.

We booked it for the location of being so close to Epcot and being able to walk and have a more adult orientated Disney holiday.

Can anyone put my mind to rest or confirm my concerns?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Stayed there twice and going again next year .imo it’s the best hotel on property.we’ve also stayed at POR and Contemporary,Beach Club is our favourite.what are your concerns ?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Our trips overlap ,we may see you there

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Our trips overlap ,we may see you there
They do indeed!
We’ll see you there!
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Stayed there twice and going again next year .imo it’s the best hotel on property.we’ve also stayed at POR and Contemporary,Beach Club is our favourite.what are your concerns ?
I’ve read quite a few comments from Dibbers recently who have complained about lack of service/poor attitudes of staff, the condition of the rooms with plugs/lights not working, rooms not cleaned properly from previous guests, and a lot of poor comments about the condition of the beds.

Have you stayed this year?

Thanks for your reply 😊
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
I’ve read quite a few comments from Dibbers recently who have complained about lack of service/poor attitudes of staff, the condition of the rooms with plugs/lights not working, rooms not cleaned properly from previous guests, and a lot of poor comments about the condition of the beds.

Have you stayed this year?

Thanks for your reply 😊
Not this year no .2016 and 2018 we did .we love it

Old 5 Dec 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Getting Excited

Mobile

I can’t offer any reassurances but we are in the same boat. We are staying for the first time in August after staying at POR on our last trip. We weren’t wowed by POR although it was fine, but we loved the feel of BC when we visited so have planned our dream trip for next year. I’m now worried after reading some less than stellar reviews too! I know all hotels have their good and bad points and I’m trying to set expectations accordingly but it is such a lot of money to spend on a disappointing experience so I share your worry 🙈.
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mycaseispacked View Post
I can’t offer any reassurances but we are in the same boat. We are staying for the first time in August after staying at POR on our last trip. We weren’t wowed by POR although it was fine, but we loved the feel of BC when we visited so have planned our dream trip for next year. I’m now worried after reading some less than stellar reviews too! I know all hotels have their good and bad points and I’m trying to set expectations accordingly but it is such a lot of money to spend on a disappointing experience so I share your worry 🙈.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes it’s so hard, as you say every hotel has good and bad bits and I don’t expect it to be perfect.
Saying that, like you it’s cost us a lot of money, £6500 just for the hotel/tickets.
So with flights etc on top we are over £8k before we spend anything there and I don’t want to feel that we have wasted that money.

It’s such a hard decision!
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Yes it’s so hard, as you say every hotel has good and bad bits and I don’t expect it to be perfect.
Saying that, like you it’s cost us a lot of money, £6500 just for the hotel/tickets.
So with flights etc on top we are over £8k before we spend anything there and I don’t want to feel that we have wasted that money.

It’s such a hard decision!
I haven’t been to the Beach Club but we were at the Yacht Club this year and somebody mentioned it has shared management. It was an excellent hotel, no issues whatsoever, we both really liked it. I believe it is more recently refurbished than the BC though and I found the BC public areas less appealing (busier, nosier than YC) but I would be perfectly happy to try BC sometime if it comes up with the best deluxe deal.

Regarding the cost, yes it is a lot of money and I don’t know that any of the Disney deluxe hotels are worth the cost per se. I consider a large part of that cost attributable to the benefits of being an onsite guest, rather than the cost of the hotel room itself.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Spotter
Trying for More Ears

We stayed in Beach Club for 12 nights last month so our experience is very recent. We’ve stayed at AKL and WL in the last two years so have those for comparison.

I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. We had no issues with the staff. Everyone was very pleasant although we didn’t make any complaints so I can’t comment on staff rectifying issues. Cleanliness, fixtures and fittings in our room were not an issue.

Was it absolutely perfect with unicorns and pixie dust? No. For our room the WiFi was temperamental at best. We have US coverage with our phone plans so no biggie but that could be an issue for someone else. We were facing Epcot (garden view) so a view of trees from the balcony (full size) which we had requested. Absolutely no issues for most of the time but we were there over a run Disney weekend so there was music blaring from 5.30 onwards. Far from ideal and it was annoying. We decided not to request a room change for the hassle factor and we were up early for HS one day anyway. My parents were staying that weekend in a room opposite, garden view but facing the lake and they didn’t hear a thing from Epcot so different rooms can give different experiences at the same time.

We have never stayed at GF, Poly or Contemporary. Every time we look at the pricing they are easily 30-50% higher for the equivalent room which makes a massive difference over 12 days. Can you get a better hotel that’s not Disney branded for the price? I would say so. But they generally don’t offer the location and ease of access to so many Disney areas (Swan and Dolphin excluded). It was my wife, our 6 year old and me and just having a nice wander round the boardwalk after a day at a theme park is a lovely way to unwind. Plenty to see in the area with lots of options for eating.

A long rambling reply but I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. We loved it.
Spotter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List