Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Jul 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Huskies
Very Serious Dibber

Huskies's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
My plan feel wrong help

So this isn't our first time and my planning although i have enjoyed it to a degree just doesn't feel as exciting as it has before.

This is a surprise trip for the kids and i don't know if that has something to do with it. As I'm unsure if I'm making the right choices for them without asking.

Its mainly the meals that i have booked. We are on DDP and i have re booked some and some are new.

Rainforest cafe AK (done this everytime and love it)
Artist Point (never done but stopping at wilderness lodge so wanted to)
Mama Melrose (done before but wanted fantasmic package )
Garden grill (little two have never done this one)
BOG Lunch (done before not that fussed but booked anyway)
Whispering canon (again as were stopping there)
Ragland road (never done)
Holly wood and vine (i didn't like it here but the characters are good)
Tusker house (never done)
Sanna (done before but loved it and had credits to use)
1900 park fair breakfast (done dinner here never breakfast)
tony town square (never done needed to use credit)
Bon voyage breakfast (never done)
T-Rex (done before)

I think my problem is there is nothing new and really exciting me and it just feels a little flat.

Any opinions welcome or recommendations kids will be 9,8,5 and 4 9 year old girl rest boys.

Just to add we have done Ohana 3 times we do love it but again should we really do it again?

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Huskies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

If you're honest with yourself (and I'm coming at this from a rookie angle as I haven't done any table service meals at WDW, but loads over the years at DLP) - will your children really care where you eat? As in, will any of the restaurant choices be a highlight of the trip for them? I really wouldn't stress about it, I think for adults, we tend to care more about that, I'm really not convinced children do, generally speaking.

eta - I'm sure you'll get lots of alternative options from experienced DDP-Dibbers though .

Edited at 12:45 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Huskies
Very Serious Dibber

Huskies's Reviews
I think maybe because we have been before I'm a little worried they might say why didn't we eat here or how come were doing it again lol

We will be there the same time yay
Old 28 Jul 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Huskies View Post
So this isn't our first time and my planning although i have enjoyed it to a degree just doesn't feel as exciting as it has before.

This is a surprise trip for the kids and i don't know if that has something to do with it. As I'm unsure if I'm making the right choices for them without asking.

Its mainly the meals that i have booked. We are on DDP and i have re booked some and some are new.

Rainforest cafe AK (done this everytime and love it)
Artist Point (never done but stopping at wilderness lodge so wanted to)
Mama Melrose (done before but wanted fantasmic package )
Garden grill (little two have never done this one)
BOG Lunch (done before not that fussed but booked anyway)
Whispering canon (again as were stopping there)
Ragland road (never done)
Holly wood and vine (i didn't like it here but the characters are good)
Tusker house (never done)
Sanna (done before but loved it and had credits to use)
1900 park fair breakfast (done dinner here never breakfast)
tony town square (never done needed to use credit)
Bon voyage breakfast (never done)
T-Rex (done before)

I think my problem is there is nothing new and really exciting me and it just feels a little flat.

Any opinions welcome or recommendations kids will be 9,8,5 and 4 9 year old girl rest boys.

Just to add we have done Ohana 3 times we do love it but again should we really do it again?
I would drop the BOG lunch if you’re not fussed - I know it’s good value for your QS credit, but maybe do something at a resort that you haven’t been to instead. Eg pop over to art of animation as their food court is supposed to be good and you could maybe do the drawing class while there?

Tusker house is a great choice imho
Hollywood and vine gets very poor reviews for the food but if your kids love the characters there then maybe it’s worth your suffering.however You could try 50s Prime Time instead - right next door to h&V

Sci-fi dine in is another good one in DHS but not sure if they do Fantasmic package ? Mama Melrose is good value for that package though and personally I always enjoy the food there.

In the end, go with your gut instinct- it will usually serve you well. Hope that helps.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraAshley04
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Why dont you sneakily pull some photos out or momentos from previous trips and say remember this guys? how good was that meal? what was your favourite etc etc. Get about half a dozen must dos and then surprise them with the rest. Dont forget the fact they are going and you have surprised them will over shadow what they eat! Keep smiling your off to disney 😊
LauraAshley04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Huskies
Very Serious Dibber

Huskies's Reviews
Thank you all i think writing it all down has helped and given my head a little wobble. My kids really wouldn't care where they ate and your right their going to be blown away with the surprise of going back 😊
Old 28 Jul 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LexiBantam
Excited about Disney

Is there a particular reason why you want to keep it a secret? If it's spoiling your excitement, I think I'd tell them.(you could still do a really fantastic "reveal"!) For us, the planning means that the "holiday" starts as soon as we tell them, and we have some great evenings looking at menus, and chatting about past trips, and favourite meals. Whatever you decide, I hope you get the bug back soon, and I'm sure you'll love all your ADRs!
LexiBantam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KeepSmiling
Proud to wear my Ears

Have you considered Chef Mickeys? With kids the ages yours are I would imagine they would love it. Mine are now 19, 17 and 15 and will still hold their napkins above their head and twirl them to the music. The memories that I have of them doing this when they were little are priceless.

It doesn't always get great reviews but we have always enjoyed both breakfast and dinner here.
KeepSmiling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'd second Chef Mickey..my boys are 16 & 9 and when we revealed the surprise said straightaway that they had to go back to chef mickeys!

Also they wanted Trex & sci fi diner which i hadnt booked bc i didnt think theyd want to go back lol..trying to get a table now is like gold dust!

We kept the holiday a surprise until after the g.c s e exams but often we'd reminisce about past trips and food and must do's which gave me a sneaky insight so I could do some planning before the big reveal. They didn't suspect a thing and where so excited to be going back. Good luck with your planning x
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

i'm in same situation as you Jody, just trying to get our ADR's sorted without our daughter (age 10) being involved, we were thinking about surprising her at Christmas but now i've read this thread, maybe we should get her involved too... last time we did loads of Character dining (she was 6), so i'm not sure she would want to do these again, however you never know...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List