Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 4 Apr 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Kennedy Space Centre tickets with transportation

I'm looking into the Kennedy Space Centre for our trip next year. It seems like it would be a nice escape from the parks for a day, but we won't have a car. I've seen that attraction tickets direct offer tickets with transportation for £84 a person- basically double a ticket without the transportation added.

I'm now just trying to figure out how much it's worth it, it doubles the price of normal admission tickets so it would cost £160ish for two adults, plus it's a twelve hour day out, no way to get back ourselves if we are tired.

Also we will have 14 day park tickets so we could just stay at Disney/universal for the day no problem.

So I guess I'm asking;

- Is the Kennedy Space Centre worth a trip and that cost?

- has anyone done the tickets with transportation before, how was the journey, the experience, etc.?

I am leaning towards it just not being worth it for us at that price but I have always wanted to go.

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Look at Travel Republic, they had cheaper tickets and transport last I looked
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Look at Travel Republic, they had cheaper tickets and transport last I looked
You’re right, £59 each. So that would be £120ish total- much more doable but still expensive.

I’m still dithering but if we book we will book through travel republic then.

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I can tell you it's a fantastic place to visit, we loved our time there. In particular the shuttle exhibit was amazing, I'm not a sappy guy by any means but I felt myself welling up a little when I first laid eyes on it. It was an awesome exhibit - as in it inspires awe. It's truly an experience, and I absolutely do not regret enduring the bus ride to get there. Food was cheap, merch is great (I got a great book from an american and soviet astronaut that was a great read and not too technical either for an amateur space enthusiast like myself.)

We paid about £60 each I believe. It's a long journey by coach, I'm looking to research alternatives to see if there is a better option but if you have never done it before, or at least in a long time, I would 100% recommend it.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 03:57 AM  
Link to this Post

We did it a few years ago on an organised trip as we don’t hire a car either. The coach journey is easy, it’s not that far. In the afternoon we did an airboat ride as part of the tour. I don’t remember the cost or the length of time, but I doubt two adults will get tired by being out for twelve hours? We are out for that long when we go to work anyway.

I had looked forward to this day hugely as I am very interested in space. However we found it very dull and it did not even come close t living up to expectations, which admittedly were very high especially for me. No way would I waste my time going a second time.

Edited at 04:04 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We we had the same decision as you last year. We ended up booking tickets and transportation for Space Kennedy from Orlando Attractions for £61 for adults about £55 for children. Transport was great, we got picked by a minibus at the Dolphin hotel and taken to Idrive to catch the main coach. I think on the way back, we went directly to the Dolphin with a couple of stops. The driver was really informative and fun. I thought the day might be a long time, but SKC is amazing with so much to see and do. Definitely worth it.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Laughing Minnie View Post
We we had the same decision as you last year. We ended up booking tickets and transportation for Space Kennedy from Orlando Attractions for £61 for adults about £55 for children. Transport was great, we got picked by a minibus at the Dolphin hotel and taken to Idrive to catch the main coach. I think on the way back, we went directly to the Dolphin with a couple of stops. The driver was really informative and fun. I thought the day might be a long time, but SKC is amazing with so much to see and do. Definitely worth it.
Totally agree with this! We LOVED the trip last year doing this with 2a and 2c. Picked up and dropped off at The Swan. Even fitted in a late FP at Soarin after. Will defo be doing this again next year. Very emotional Atlantis exhibit and going past the main launch pad was brilliant. In fact too much to say and IMO you won’t regret booking it.

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We've been a couple of times due to having different people in our party on different trips. The first time we went with Attraction tickets direct, who subcontract transport out to Florida Dolphin tours, so it is worth looking at their prices directly, but then ATD may get a bulk discount with them!

They put a movie on for the bus journey over and back. On the way it's one of the movies shown in the visitor centre so that can take pressure off your schedule to fit everything in, or you can ignore it and watch on the imax once you arrive.

I'd say that it's better than most people expect and certainly worth a visit. Even if you've little interest, you are overwhelmed by the scale and majesty of the place. That only comes across by getting up close and seeing it for yourself. I can almost guarantee the first words you will think when you enter the apollo hall are "flippin heck that's even bigger than I was expecting."
The emotional side is a very valid point as you see what we are capable of when we work together and all types of people are respected and work together based on talent, not race or gender or birthplace. Especially valid in current times.

It's much better to be able to say you saw it first hand than to say you had an extra ride on Splash Mountain!
Food was reasonable and reasonably priced. Good day off from the parks.
Old 5 Apr 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We went in summer 2017. Dolphin tours but booked by Orlando attractions which was cheaper than direct.
Extremely informative leader on the coach. Fantastic day out.
We will definitely do it again when my son is older(he was just 4).
Loads to see and absorb. A long day but just great.

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List