Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile Guide book recommendations please

I know I have a long time before we go but I really would like to get planning and have no real idea about the parks, restaurants, rides etc etc...
I am loving this site and all the trip reports and forums but would also like a book to refer too.
Not on all of Orlando, just Disney so any recommendations are gratefully received!
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Brits guide is probably the best. Also you can watch some YouTube vlogs eg Tim Tracker, WDW couple, Theme Park O'Hana, Prince Charming Dev and Brookhart Project to name a few.
Things change so quickly though so next year's Brits guide will be published in October or November so plenty of time to buy and read.

In the meantime carry on using the DIBB.

Welcome and happy planning.
Old 25 May 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sharpers42
Trying for More Ears

We like The Unofficial Guide. On YouTube we love The Tim Tracker (he lives in Orlando so has daily uploads). L&R Dreaming, Adam Hatton, The Despicable Three, Krispy Smore and a few others are all UK based so have tips that are relevant to travelling from here. We've also just started watching Katie Ellison. She is more a lifestyle blogger but goes to Orlando quite regularly so posts vlogs about her family trips. And of course here is an amazing resource!
sharpers42 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

For Disney I like the Birnbaum guide. I find it more accurate than the Brits Guide and it has vouchers for things I would buy anyway.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've watched so many YouTube videos, love them! Will check out the books mentioned, thank you.
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another vote here for the unofficial guide - I wouldn’t go without it!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Adam Hatton has a guidebook to buy too which is good general info. I learned the most just soaking up the Dibb but also watch the above YouTubers😀

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶 Portofino Bay
2025 -POR Riverside
HansysMum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

DFB on YouTube is really good.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Brits Guide and The Unofficial Guide are both books I got for our 2017 trip. I love reading a book as it’s all there in front of you... sometimes you just don’t know what you need to research, in order to be able to research it, iyswim
Old 27 May 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

If you are a serious planner and serious about reducing your wait in lines, then definitely invest in the Unofficial Guide to WDW. Then look at their linked website Touringplans.com

I suggest starting with the book as then the website makes more sense. I’d also buy a subscription if you want to make personalised touring plans.

I find the Brits Guide a pleasant read and if food for off site information but their touring suggestions are pants.

The Birnbaum one is too generic for me to be of any real value.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List