Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have only ever flown with virgin so can’t compare really but one thing I do like about virgin is the Disney springs check in service when flying home. Not that I think it’s worth paying significantly extra for mind. We like flying from Manchester and direct, so that limits the choice a bit too.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We have predominantly, but not exclusively used Virgin from Manchester over the last 15 years. I think we prefer virgin because of an accumulation of little things rather than any one sweeping reason.
They've always been direct into MCO, their IFE has generally been above the competition. The 747 seating plan suited us as a family of 3, then latterly a 4, so we were able to sit together not with strangers. We got to go in dibbers row when it was free, we got to select suitable seats for free when they started to charge. We've never been late leaving. The twice we used Thomas Cook we were late departing Manchester, no reason, no timescales. In the end it was only by half an hour, but by then I'd several times convinced myself the holiday wasn't happening and was disproportionately stewing. Also on one occasion TC didn't have any scope to sit our party of 5 in the same part of the plane, when we were the second family to check in. It was just as they started to charge for seat selection, so I felt they'd done it deliberately! I had a bad flight back with TUI, though not through their fault. They sat me in an aisle seat next to a big lad, so I ended up having to sit sticking out into the aisle...I was like Michael Douglas in falling down..getting slowly more and more annoyed as each person walking past bumped me, although I didn't quite go so far as to flip

Virgin never did any of those, although they did annoy us by leaving our car seat in Manchester, then delivering it the next day at 4am. The miles they gave us was enough to finally collect enough for a free flight, so I forgave them!.

This time were with American indirect, so that will be a new experience.
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

I have been looking for flights for May and all the virgin ones were virgin light (just hand luggage) then classic basically nearly an extra £100 each for luggage, we flew a few times with Virgin in the past but most airlines seem to charge for luggage now. In the end because we are just 2 adults this time and not bothered about sitting next to each other (which they all seem to charge for now as well) we booked with Tui for £639. that includes both having to pay an extra £70 for luggage.but we passed on the book seats together we will take our chances. The rest of our family booked with Virgin but it cost them £799 each.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NickPytlinski
Proud to wear my Ears

i feel the virgin service is better than others. the flight times are better even if it is by 30 mins or so.
i have flown to USA with thomas cook, american, BA and virgin.
virgin is so easy to use and the website (seat selection etc.) is basically dummy proof.

im sure with BA or thomas cook you used to have to pay for extra movies additional and did not automatically get earphones etc.

whilst in flight i believe you are looked after better by the staff (personal opinion, no offence)

however the other airlines are not bad, just not as good as virgin.

if it came down to a major difference in price, i'd fly with anyone.
Old 13 Jan 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

Take a look at booking with Disney Holidays. You'll probably get Virgin flights, plus hotel , plus ticket for a lot less than Virgin Holidays.
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Fly with who ever is the cheapest usually BA or Icelandic from Scotland butv2 outbof 4 trips last year Virgin was way cheaper
But most defiantly not this year just stupid prices £300/500 more than BA or Icelandic
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

I usually book whoever is cheapest, and after working at BA as cabin crew I will never fault the crew or the service at BA. We flew with them most recently, but I still prefer flying Virgin.

The seat selection is free with Virgin, which is an added cost with most other airlines.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by NickPytlinski View Post
i feel the virgin service is better than others. the flight times are better even if it is by 30 mins or so.
i have flown to USA with thomas cook, american, BA and virgin.
virgin is so easy to use and the website (seat selection etc.) is basically dummy proof.

im sure with BA or thomas cook you used to have to pay for extra movies additional and did not automatically get earphones etc.

whilst in flight i believe you are looked after better by the staff (personal opinion, no offence)

however the other airlines are not bad, just not as good as virgin.

if it came down to a major difference in price, i'd fly with anyone.

British Airways don't and haven't charged for inflight films on their aircraft but I cannot comment on Thomas Cook when they were operational.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Most are brand driven, ( not all - steady dibbers) nothing more, nothing less., aka...Nike, Adidas, DKNY, Apple etc etc

Never seen anyone in Town with TShirt with ‘Primark’ on the front.

Disney332
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

I have been 3 times and we're going in June this year again, i've been with virgin once - our last trip in 2017, no issues at all but we went with them because they gave us the best price at the time! This year we're going with TUI for the same reason - price tends to win for us!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List