Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jan 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you so much for all your comments, so reassuring to hear how well you/your children are getting on with it!
Love that it can be scanned on a phone?! Do you need anything extra for this or is it just on an app?
Also a couple of you mentioned about your children not wanting to change it, it that because it’s difficult or uncomfortable to? Who changes it for them? Sorry for the stupid questions!
I think I’m just being given it as a trial for a few months not sure if I will be able to continue unless I self fund after.
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
Thank you so much for all your comments, so reassuring to hear how well you/your children are getting on with it!
Love that it can be scanned on a phone?! Do you need anything extra for this or is it just on an app?
Also a couple of you mentioned about your children not wanting to change it, it that because it’s difficult or uncomfortable to? Who changes it for them? Sorry for the stupid questions!
I think I’m just being given it as a trial for a few months not sure if I will be able to continue unless I self fund after.
For the iPhone it has to be at least the iPhone 7. Then you just download the app and off you go!

We self financed for 2 years until the French government agreed that it could be given via prescription. It was worth every penny.

My husband generally changes my daughter’s one if he is around but she can do it if needs be!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter is 16 but can’t do her own injections so won’t entertain changing the libre (now dexcom) but it is really simple to do. We watched some you tube videos on it and loads of younger children were doing it.
I really think you will love it.
It is just an app but as mentioned above it needs to be a certain phone. I probably worded that wrong as I am not very Techinal.
It literally life changing, sounds a bit dramatic but it really is.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My daughter is 16 but can’t do her own injections so won’t entertain changing the libre (now dexcom) but it is really simple to do. We watched some you tube videos on it and loads of younger children were doing it.
I really think you will love it.
It is just an app but as mentioned above it needs to be a certain phone. I probably worded that wrong as I am not very Techinal.
It literally life changing, sounds a bit dramatic but it really is.
I can imagine it must be one of those things you didn’t realise you needed and then can’t live without!
I have an iPhone 7 so hopefully will work!
Your daughter is really beautiful by the way and can see from the picture she doesn’t let it get in the way of life!
I’m a bit of an unusual case as was diagnosed only 5 years ago at 29, unusual for a type 1 as normally in childhood. As a mum must be so difficult to control a child’s blood sugars and such a worry!

Thanks again for all your comments
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lawsy
Excited about Disney

My son(20) got one last Friday so just starting with it. We weren't aware that as he does carb counting he still has to do a finger prick test every-time he has a meal.
Oct 13 Calabria
lawsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It really is a good tool, when it was first released I self funded, I loved it. It showed me exactly what my bloods were doing, what effect certain foods had, etc. Unfortunately I developed a rash and tried everything to stop it but no good. I was unlucky.
As an adult T1 I did become self conscious and didn’t like to wear short sleeves at work but I overcome that, it was me who noticed it more than anyone else lol
I went onto fund the Dexcom G6 but have just very recently heard I’ve met the criteria for the G6 to be funded.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

They absolutely will and do replace them if they fall off. If you knock them (ie it’s your fault) they are understandably less keen to replace too many.

I have been using mine for four years and it has literally transformed my life.

I would be absolutely gutted if I had to go back to blood testing.

They are extremely easy to fit - I self funded for well over three years so I was very motivated to get it right.
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lawsy View Post
My son(20) got one last Friday so just starting with it. We weren't aware that as he does carb counting he still has to do a finger prick test every-time he has a meal.
I never have and have not been advised to. You have to learn to trust it, though it can take a while to adapt.
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
buffalo
Imagineer

I've had mine for a few months and find it amazing although I did become a bit obsessed with seeing my readings constantly and trying to get perfect readings. I then purchased the miaomiao which makes the libre a bluetooth device. It sends readings every 15 minutes to my phone and smartwatch.
March 1995-Indian Wells, Sept 1996 - Westridge, June 1997 Creekside, Nov 1998 - Westridge, Sept 2000 - Westridge, April 2001 - Westridge, Sept 2005- Westridge, Oct 2008-Tuscan Hills, Aug 2009-Legacy Park, July 2010- Legacy Park, July 2011-Calabria, July 2012-High Grove, July 2013-Solana, August 2014-High Grove/Anna Maria , Sept/Oct 2015 OKW/Anna Maria/High Grove
buffalo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Our 7 year old GD has one. We still have to finger prick though at times as we have found the sensor can say she's at 5 but can actually be a lot lower She gets hacked off that we scan her regularly but as she's only just coming up to a year from diagnosis we want her team to have as much information as possible.

We now have the OK not to fingerprick for each meal unless her levels are off.

GD is very good though and does her own finger pricks and injections (apart from the nightime one) Infact she has done since she came out of hospital following diagnosis.

DD has just bought her the tickleflex/
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List