Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We discovered an accidental tip over New Year. Our party (me, hubby and my mum and dad) we’re all wearing light up necklaces from the Disney Store. It went dark at about 6pm and it was VERY busy so the necklaces were a god-send to stop us getting lost when we were split up in the crowds.

My sister and her in-laws still take walkie-talkies as they’re concerned about the in-park WiFi being a bit glitchy. That way they can split up and easily contact each other.

Not feeling guilty about leaving older relatives to sit and bag watch whilst going on thrill rides. My mum and dad enjoyed sitting in the shade and people watching whilst we went on the fast rides.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

Don't over-Disney! We are rubbish at sticking to this rule! There comes a point when the Parks cease to be fun, less is more.
Totally agree with spending time apart.

Make sure everyone is well fed, particularly small children.

Fast passes. Essential to plan these, I bumped into a UK family on a trip a couple of years ago who were upset at the queues and hadn't booked any fast passes before they left, didn't know they could have done, this was at Easter!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Don’t plan to do anything in the evening for the first couple of days due to jet lag.
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We like to take it easy and enjoy what comes along

We make a simple plan so we can pre book some fast passes, but that’s it. That takes us about an hour one evening.

Dont make your holiday into a military operation where you have to be at various places at exact times. We tried it, and ended up arguing over how best to get to the p,aces, and spent more time moving from point to point, not appreciating all the theming in the parks between rides. We now go with the flow.
Super planning will work for some, but it’s not for us, I’d rather be relaxed and maybe miss one ride in the day than stressing for the day rushing from ride to ride.

Each to their own of course.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I am loving these replies
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Most important one to us was "remember it is a holiday" and that it is a holiday for everyone - if the kids want some screen time or an hour in the pool - why not - they are on holiday.

Seeing people dragging family round the parks made us very aware, early on, that we did not want our holidays to be like that.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

I've thought of another one. We haven't ever forced someone to ride if they didn't want to. I'm sure the parents who are trying to convince scared/crying children that TOT is fine and they will love it are doing so because they truly believe the little one will enjoy it, but it is horrible to see the kids crying in the queue. I'd much rather they wait until the child is ready. Surely that is preferable than the crying while waiting. I just find it hard to believe that even if the child loves it the 2 minutes of fun outweighs the 30 minutes of misery beforehand.

Possibly this sounds very judgemental and I don't mean to be.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We each have a birthday during our holiday. On your day you get to choose what we do and where we eat. No arguments allowed from anyone else as they'll have their turn on their holiday birthday.

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Samsmum
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We seem to struggle on Day 3. The past two trips this is the day that we have all been tired and shorter tempered for whatever reason. We actually accounted for it last year and had a pool day. I noticed that we were all grumpier but it was more manageable than when we had fastpasses to get to etc. Good news is it disappears in day 4 and normal service resumes. I think it must be the heat and jet lag that hits us on day 3 🤷.
Samsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Take breaks.

Don’t try to do everything- be realistic.

Take your time. Look around.

Your child will probably have a temper tantrum/melt down/wobble and that’s ok.

Follow your children’s lead- if they are flaggging, stop. Take a break, chill.

Give each other a bit of space.

I’m sure there are other things
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List