Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Mar 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Abbysmum View Post
My daughter has had an email from Bangor Uni advising that they're changing all conditional offers to unconditional offers (with the exception of primary teaching and certain health sciences). This is great news and really lifts the stress she was feeling. Hopefully other Uni's will follow suit.
Not sure what’s happening with DD as her course is oversubscribed
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Really pleased for those who now have unconditional offers - that’s one less thing to worry about!
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
Really pleased for those who now have unconditional offers - that’s one less thing to worry about!
no such luck here - DD wants Bath, course oversubscribed, so still conditional...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
no such luck here - DD wants Bath, course oversubscribed, so still conditional...
Same for DDs course in Liverpool. UPDATE she’s just logged in and been offered an unconditional. Wowzers!

Edited at 06:51 PM.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hope everyone safe and well? I’m getting a tad worried about our uni starters. A colleague’s husband is head of his department at Southampton Uni and they’ve been discussing options for autumn. They’ve been told to presume that there will be students physically at uni for autumn term as they believe the social distancing measures will be continued. So one option is to have online learning for autumn term for all students. The alternative is not to start the academic year until January and cram 3 terms work into 2 terms meaning a full summer term instead of an early finish as normally happens.
If either of these happen it will so disruptive for our uni starters. I’m just hoping things pan out better than expected and life can return to some normality.
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreaming
VIP Dibber

I am wondering how flexible the Uni’s will be with regards to the results come August, Ds put SHEFFIELD as his first but because he loved Sheffield he has put it as his second choice but a Foundation year tagged on at the front. It’s going to be a stressful time for us all.
Disney Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Dreaming View Post
I am wondering how flexible the Uni’s will be with regards to the results come August, Ds put SHEFFIELD as his first but because he loved Sheffield he has put it as his second choice but a Foundation year tagged on at the front. It’s going to be a stressful time for us all.
My colleague said her husband and his uni have been discussing that anyone who has an offer will be able to accept regardless of grades awarded. It’s still at discussion stage at the mo.
The unis will have to be flexible. We are in unprecedented times x
Old 3 Apr 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My son want to go to York but isn't sure about his insurance (Durham offered him a different course!). Hopefully he'll firm his choices next week.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
Hope everyone safe and well? I’m getting a tad worried about our uni starters. A colleague’s husband is head of his department at Southampton Uni and they’ve been discussing options for autumn. They’ve been told to presume that there will be students physically at uni for autumn term as they believe the social distancing measures will be continued. So one option is to have online learning for autumn term for all students. The alternative is not to start the academic year until January and cram 3 terms work into 2 terms meaning a full summer term instead of an early finish as normally happens.
If either of these happen it will so disruptive for our uni starters. I’m just hoping things pan out better than expected and life can return to some normality.
I understand that any decision taken about delayed academic year will be at Government level and will be applied to Universities across the country. Not all universities will survive in the current climate.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My dd’s school has informed her that no additional work after school closures will be able to be used as evidence. Her teachers are setting her some work to ensure they finished the course content which they had virtually done by the time the closures happened. We have discussed her keeping up her work and revision so it is fresh for when she starts uni. She is going to firm and insure very soon with the hope that she will get the grades she believes she would have achieved.
I hope all your children are doing ok through this and they all get to go to their chosen uni at the normal time.