Notices

Old 18 Apr 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 11 - Wednesday 17th April

Apologies for the delay in posting- we had quite a long & tiring day yesterday (but very enjoyable!).
We arrived at Blizzard Beach by 10.20am (only 20 minutes late then!), and sorted our locker, hired towels ($2 each) and found ourselves somewhere to sit (just at the side of the main pool). Being a water park, we'd stowed camera & mobiles away as didn't want to leave anything valuable laying around, so therefore we don't have many photos of BB.
The continuous wave pool is lovely, as is the lazy river, which the night before I'd compared online to Typhoon Lagoon. The one at Typhoon is apparently 2000m long, but BB's is 3000m long. DH & I have visit Typhoon before, but were easy about which water park we went to. My eldest DD was keen on BB as one of her friends came last year & raves about it to her. The other kids agreed, so BB it was!
After the lazy river & wave pool, me & DH headed off to Teamboat Springs (raft ride) with the 2 youngest kids (the 2 eldest went to check out the big slides). There is a chair lift at the top, but as there was a queue, the kids decided we should take the stairs-oh my goodness, my poor legs! Throughout the course of the day, we did this another 5 times (all 6 of us together which was lovely), and each time the kids sprinted up the stairs like gazelles, with me languishing behind
At about 1pm, we had a mixture of doughnuts, crisps & drinks for lunch (healthy!). We were deliberately trying not to eat too much, as the plan was to visit Mall at Millenia after the park & The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. 😋
We left BB around 4pm, and headed to the Mall and had a quick look in Forever 21 for eldest DD. We then decided we'd better see about reserving a dining slot at Cheesecake Factory (it was now 5pm). They told us they don't take reservations, but could give us a pager & we'd be seated within 20 minutes.
We decided to take this option as we were all hungry by now, so sat on the wall outside & exactly 20 minutes later we got a table. The server told us it was a good job we hadn't waited longer as 7pm is peak time every evening (he wasn't wrong - we left before this & the queue was massive!).
Anyway, back to the food. As the kids never finish their mains if having starters, we decided on mains only & we were brought out some bread (free) to share.
I had equivalent of Spaghetti Parmigiana, DH spaghetti & meatballs, eldest (fussy) DD Mac cheese, DS & youngest DD flatbread pizza & middle DD bbq chicken wings & fries (really an entree but it was a big enough portion as a main - I think we counted 9 wings on her plate!).
We knew the cheesecakes would be very rich & settled on sharing 3 between 6 of us (which it turns out was more than enough!).
Between us we had 1 x Hershey chocolate, 1 x marshmallows s'mores with Graham crackers, 1 x lemon meringue. Omg, absolutely delicious! Here are the delicious food photos:

All in all $139 (with 6 soft drinks - free refills) + 18% tip.
There was still shopping to be done - mainly in B&BW, Pandora and The Game Store.
I sneaked a little look in Tiffany’s as used to own some Tiffany Heart earrings & necklace many moons ago. Couldn’t obviously see those- but the cheapest ones I saw were $17,500! It’s nice to dream!
Me & eldest DD (who got a Pandora bracelet for Christmas), had been talking about getting the passport charm each, so both ended up with this one each. $40 each + tax.

B&BW had a buy 3, get 3 free on body sprays, again me & eldest DD got 3 each (the other DD having spent their money now!). They were $14.50 each, but as I say on offer.
I also got the Tranquil waters 3 wick candle & a candle stand.

It was then off to Dick’s Sporting Goods as the other day DS saw a football top he wanted in a sports shop at the Florida Mall, but we’re not due to go back, so DH had a look online. This shop was about a 20 min drive from the Mall (not quite sure where we were tbh), but managed to get there at 8.45pm (with it closing at 9.30pm).
I don’t have photos, but an Orlando City football shirt was purchased plus a ‘Champion’ branded tee, $55 each.
We also had a good look around the other sections & I got our neighbours (sports mad) boys an American Baseball each (as they’ve kindly seen to putting our bins out while we’ve been away & looking after the house.
Then got home, had showers & applied after-sun to our burnt backs & shoulders (despite many applications of water-resistant sun cream), I think it just gets washed off.
Tomorrow (now today), a lazy morning start, need more water & bread from Walmart, then off to Universal this afternoon/eve to catch the evening show.

Edited at 03:17 PM. Reason: Add photos & text
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day your food looks lovely

Joan
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JMDisneyfan
Getting Excited

Sounds like a good day. I love the Cheescake Factory & BBW come to that!
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

What a perfect combo day, water park followed by food and shopping! The food looks really good am gutted have not tried Cheesecake Factory yet for a meal, we were talked into chick fil-a at mall, which was really meh, and just got cheesecake take away, so I feel cheated seeing your delicious food pics! The body sprays look really cute, love the wrapping.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day (apart from getting sunburned). That good looks delicious!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
What a perfect combo day, water park followed by food and shopping! The food looks really good am gutted have not tried Cheesecake Factory yet for a meal, we were talked into chick fil-a at mall, which was really meh, and just got cheesecake take away, so I feel cheated seeing your delicious food pics! The body sprays look really cute, love the wrapping.
Thanks, we’re home now - there’s a few off-site restaurants I hear mentioned on here regularly (Olive Garden, Panera Bread, Longhorns & Millers) that we never got to sample (we tried to alternative eating at villa & eating out where possible). Kept driving past them thinking to myself “we haven’t been in there yet”. over & over! Oh well, next time (whenever that is - probably not for 4/5 years sadly).
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Cheesecake Factory food always looks delicious. Sounds like fun at BB.
Old 6 May 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Cheesecake Factory meal looks great.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

That cheesecake looks good 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List