Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Cool He did a thing - June 19 - Day 4 - Celebration and DHS

Day 3 is here

Friday 14th June

I woke up at 6.35am today. Chris was already getting ready as he had an early tee time at Celebration golf club. His absolute fave, so he was excited.

I was originally going to tag along with him, but I decided I could use some chilling out time, so we agreed to meet up later. Lucky for you, no boring golf course photos I think he left about 6.45. I lay in bed for a bit, catching up on social media etc, before getting up at 7.

I left the room about 7.40am and went to chuck on a load of laundry. It was a beautiful morning so I went out to the beach area to laze on a lounger for a while. The sun wasn’t quite strong enough at this time for tanning, but it was lovely nonetheless. Nobody else was going about

Do you think anyone has told the architect of The Dolphin that those aren't actually dolphins?

I lay and listened to music for a while before my bladder got the better of me and I had to retreat back to the hotel. I chucked the laundry in the dryer as I passed and then went to get showered.

Once I was ready I went and collected the laundry and then nipped to Fuel for a cuppa and a muffin. The server recommended the blueberry cheesecake one. Sold! It was the literally the size of my face!

By 10.45 I was bored and decided it was time to head off to Celebration. I ordered an Uber and waited.

I placed my tea on a bench for a sec and to my horror it fell over and the whole lot spilled out Gutted! Anyway, the Uber arrived and I was soon on my way to Celebration!

Fifteen minutes later I had arrived. You know how much I love it here, I don’t need to say it!

While I was walking along past all the rocking chairs (none of which were available, humph), I saw was the cutest doggy! His name was Marco and his owner let me pet him and give him a treat

I then walked round towards the fountain, but was horrified to find it was under refurbishment!

Local wildlife.

The first gator of the day was spotted. There always seems to be one lazing here.

A wee turtle.

Next I went into Woof Gang Bakery to get a gift for each of my doggy friends back home.

I got a bandana thing for Ru, who is Chris's sister's dog:

And Hollie, who is my cousin's dog, got a stuffing free toy as she always rips them to shreds haha!

It was extremely hot and humid this morning and I was in need of a drink, so I toddled over to Starbucks and asked them to recommend one of their cold drinks. The server suggested the Dragon Drink. I had no idea what was in it, but have now googled and it's description is "This tropical-inspired pick-me-up is crafted with a refreshing combination of sweet mango and dragonfruit flavors, handshaken with creamy coconut milk and ice and a scoop of real diced dragon fruit". Anyway, it hit the spot. Very tasty and nice and cold!

I noticed the gator had his gob wide open now!

At this point Chris had text to say he was on 18th. I reckoned I had 20 mins or so to kill, so I took a walk up Market St, to the waterway bit and the fountain. Once again wondering why I don’t live here.

Whilst heading back I spotted Chris

Regular readers of my reports will know that we are creatures of habit and we usually eat at Market St Café. Not this year though! We were breaking tradition and trying Celebration Town Tavern! My sister and dad etc went last year and totally raved about it, so we thought we would give it a bash!

We were seated straight away and our server was a lovely old wifey called Paula. She gave us the HUMUNGOUS menu and left us to decide.

To eat we ordered a mug of clam chowdah (him), buffalo wings (him), baby back ribs (him), sliders (me) and a BLT toastie (me). I know you're thinking Chris is a fat pie for having two starters, but he was under strict instructions from Emma to try the chowdah

Well, I think we have a new favourite in Celebration! Everything was DELICIOUS and easily one of our best meals of the holiday. Loved those funny shaped fries too! Nom nom nom! Good value too considering everything we had! We'll definitely be back!

We paid up and heading for the exit, not before taking some pics though. It is much bigger than you would think!

This outdoor bar

This is where they gifted me the shot that ended me on our wedding night. It was called the leg spreader. It didn’t work btw

Poor lobster

Boston humour.

continued in next post

Edited at 02:39 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
continued from previous post

We were both extremely full now, so it was a good thing we had planned to do our usual walking route round the lakes. I know, I know. It's the same every year, but we love it, so you have to come along with us

Oh hey wedding hotel Actually can't believe it's coming up for four years, seems like five minutes ago!

Right, you ready for a stroll? Let's go

Grasshopper! He was actually huge!

Hard to see, but there is a gator in there.

We watched this bird trying to eat this catfish for a while. It was like a car crash, when you can't look away. The poor fish was still alive and the bird was stabbing at it with his beak, trying to break it up cos he couldn’t manage to swallow it whole. Man it was nasty! I really wanted to rescue it, but I thought a) I don’t want that beak spearing at me and b) apparently you shouldn’t mess with nature

So we carried on….

Lizards and squirrels everywhere!

A perfect reflection

Chris Facetimed Jake at this point, just to rub it in that we were in Florida and he wasn't. KIDDING! Haha! Anyway, while he was chatting to him we saw a gator and it was obviously curious and started swimming towards us….

It had no fear at all and kept getting closer and closer. I got a video of it and you can hear Chris talking to Jake about it in the background hahaha!

Back to the main lake now and a lovely view of Celebration….

I needed a pee, so we ducked into "our" hotel

After that we headed back for the car, passing this cutie on the way!

Here's the car. We've had a Nissan Rogue before and Chris enjoys driving them, so happy days.

It was 2.40pm when we left Celebration. Chris made me take photos of the 1st tee (or was it the green?) as we passed the course. I don’t think I did a very good job either way

Back hooooooooooooome!

When we walk back to the room we saw that housekeeping hadn’t been Not to worry though, a quick freshen up and we were back downstairs, grabbing a coffee and tea from Fuel before we walked to DHS

They had these really cool chocolate sculptures in there.

We were excited to be able to walk to the studios! It was a nice stroll along the river, but man it was muggy!

Only one wee complaint about the walk was the lack of trash cans (check me, so American). We had to hold onto our empty cups for most of the walk, which was only mildly annoying!

Anyway, it took 17 minutes to get there

Security wasn’t particularly busy, but I always seem to end up in the line with the folk that have those ridiculously huge rucksacks

We stopped for a PhotoPass.

And then another, which included the cuddle pose, which always looks so unnatural.

continued in next post

Edited at 05:37 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

Chris was in need of a beer after our walk, so we went to the Dockside Diner.

Chris noticed he CM had a roll of stickers and decided he'd quite like one, so asked The CM was really funny and gave him loads, I managed to catch the last few seconds on video.

We then stood and watched the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far Far Away show. It was hotter than hell stood there!

We clearly had a walk up Sunset Boulevard next.

Before grabbing a spot to watch the March of the First Order. I love the music to this.

It was time for our first FastPass now, which was Rock n Roller Coaster.

As usual the standby queue was hoaching, but we were in the recording studio within seven minutes Someone in the room, dead pan, asked if Steven Tyler was Michael Jackson

Anyway, the ride was awesome as ever. That launch doesn’t get old! As you can see from the below photo…..

Upon exit I took the annual "2 big ones" pic. It looks the same every single year, but you know what like…..

I had been wanting to check out the newly opened Lightning McQueen Racing Academy, so was a bit miffed to find it was down

Never mind though, we got a few pics of the cars and a never before seen angle of Tower of Terror

I was bursting for a pee now but the toilets on Sunset Boulevard were mobbed and there were lots of folk generally milling about, so I decided to do a dash to the toilets at the entrance, knowing they'd be quiet! I left Chris lagging behind haha!

After my bladder was relieved, it was beer o'clock again for Chris.

Right, time for a very important task. Retrieve and gobble up a Jack Jack's Cookie Num Num

I quite like what they have done with the old Pixar Place.

I joined the queue for the bakery….

….and soon had this thing of my beauty in my possession

I was happy

And I can confirm that it was delicious. It was warm and fresh and just perfect! I didn’t write down the price, but I think it was around $5 and worth every cent. Turns out we had timed it just right too as they were closing the shutters 2 minutes later I would have been devastated if I'd missed out! Haha!

continued in next post

Edited at 05:39 PM.
Old 30 Jul 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

Right guys, it was finally time for Toy Story Land. Eeeeeep! We were very excited!

We stopped for a PhotoPass before heading in.

We were both immediately impressed with TSL. The theming and all the wee details everywhere are so well done. You could spend hours looking for stuff I bet. Well done Disney!

We watchd Slinky go round, excited that we were heading there next!

Cute wee cocktail umbrellas acted as shade in the SB queue for Slinky. I don’t know if these are a new addition as I have read many reports of lack of shade.

Green army men are just about everywhere you look. So cool.

Loved the theming around the Alien ride too. Lots of "oooooohs" on the barriers Chris didn’t believe me about this at first, so I had to point them out!

We got more pics taken here.

Babybell seats at Woody's Lunch Box.

Giant straw!

Chris needed the loo and he said that the urinals are little haha!

Buzz!

Andy's footprint! Honestly, the details are so good.

FORKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

It was now time for our Slinky FP!

Again, lots of cute theming in the queue. Like the garden fence….

And lots of toys!

I particularly liked the Crayola FastPass post!

Andy's designs!

The box for the track.

Excited faces!

Soon enough we were boarding. It took just seven minutes

Ahhh we loved it, so so fun! The launches are really cool! I wish we could have gone on again, but the standby queue was crazy of course! The ride pic is oh so flattering…

We had another nosey around the land before leaving for our Tower of Terror FastPass.

Buzz was out meeting and greeting.

I had noticed on MDE that Star Tours was only a five min wait, so we had time for a go on that before ToT.

This is always way more fun that I remember and it's never got a long queue these days. We got the Wookie planet one with Chewbacca and Boba Fett.

continued in next post

Edited at 05:41 PM.
Old 30 Jul 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

Tower of Terror time now! Woop! It is still my all-time fave! Best. Ride. Ever. I genuinely think I'd boycott WDW if they ever closed it or re-themed it (looking at your Disneyland!)

I had read that one of the elevators was down for refurbishment, so was braced for a longer than normal wait, but it was all good and we were on within 10 minutes. Our bellhop dude was really in character, love it when they are!

This reminds me of the dummies in Toy Story 4 now! Hahahaha! Creepy AF.

We were both hungry now, so we paid a visit to Rosie and her All American Café.

Chris had a chilli dog and I had good old Disney chicken tenders

Chris noticed a peculiar thing at DHS tonight. He had three beers over the course of the night. All Bud Light, all the same size, but each priced differently! One was $8.25, one was $8.00 and this one was $7.75! He noticed in Toy Story Land that they were $8.50 also! How bizarre!

Anyway, after food we had a look in one of the stores on Sunset Boulevard and I spotted a Hamm plush, so I had to get a photo holding him! Evil Dr Pork Chop! Love this top! It was made by dibber, Abiknox

It was starting to get dark now and DHS was looking lovely.

We wanted to see Toy Story Land in the dark, so headed back that way. We saw Buzz on our way in again and he gave us a wave

TSL looked very cool all lit up. I definitely prefer it at night.

Toy Story Mania said it was a 20 minute wait, so we hopped in!

It actually only took 10 minutes, yay!

Chris whooped me, even though I was trying soooooo hard that in between my fingers ached afterwards!

He also got best in vehicle which he was very pleased about!

We had a look in the new pop up store at the exit which unsurprisingly was full of Toy Story 4 merch!

We enjoyed spotting all the green army men on the way out

Also spotted were Woody and the ridiculously creepy Bo Peep doing a meet and greet.

And then we headed back out.

The new Wonderful World of Animation show was starting at the Chinese Theatre, so we stopped to watch. I wasn’t expecting much for some reason, but oh man, this was so good. It made me cry Def stop and watch it if you get the chance!

The Star Wars fireworks were starting next, but we weren’t overly fussed for seeing them again, so we made our way to the exit.

We debated getting the bus or the boat as we were both quite tired, but we walked in the end.

We ended up seeing the SW fireworks from the walk so that was quite nice.

Almost there!

Poor Chris was dead on his feet by now. Between 18 holes of golf, walking round Celebration and walking to and around DHS, he was pooped! My legs were feeling rather heavy too to be honest!

At 9.52pm we arrived back at the hotel.

And we went straight to sleep! Today was heaps fun

Thanks for reading!

Steps today – 27,275!

Join me for the next instalment where we visit IHOP and wish we hadn't, go shopping and have an impromptu trip to Epcot It is here

Edited at 03:55 PM.
Old 30 Jul 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for posting. It looks as if you had a great time.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

What a great day 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Celebration looks so peaceful this morning, like a movie set.

Celebration Town Tavern looks and sounds delicious, what a great menu.

I really want a Num Num cookie, they look amazing.

I agree that Bo Peep is terrifying!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Great day, from your sun lounger on the beach at the Dolphin, if you looked ahead you could see room we stayed in. It was one of the end balcony ones we actually had 2 balconies, there was one at the side as well
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Great day, so much walking!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List